We dont have any NBA talent | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

We dont have any NBA talent

Regardless of who has been drafted into the NBA, we haven't have quality NBA talent in a few years. MCW sticking as long as he has is really pretty lucky. JG has been very good and Dion is Dion (never a doubt there). Dion was `12, Grant `14, and throwing Wes in there after `10 (who I was a swing and a miss on because I thought he was going to be good). But Lydon and Mal...no way.

Talent has been an issue and was completely on display last night. Refs were a factor, for sure. But the talent disparity was crystal clear last night. It needs to improve. And again, what's maddening about this team is that, at times, even when they are more talented physically they still can't impose their will consistently (ODU). They can't shoot, have poor PG play and IMO there is still no semblance of an offense whatsoever. Marek's pass on the backdoor court may have been the best pass of the year.

44cuse

I like long shots. I’ll take Brasswell

I’m an interested and excited to see how he developes.

Think he’s got a chance to be that classic athletic SU forward that comes on strong later in his career.

He’s certainly got the athletic ability, and his shot looks decent.

Bazley is “nba” talent but If you added him and subtracted Battle, cue Jim:

“We wouldn’t win 10...”

Give me players. O’Connell an nba talent? He was the dagger

I still don’t understand how Barrett was bullying Chukwu in the paint last night

Huff can also. I like that dude
I really like Huff, too! He's my under-the-radar guy for playing in the NBA some day. He can shoot (47% from 3-pt range, in an admittedly small sample size), he's got size/length (7'-1"), and he's shown some pretty good athleticism when I've seen him. (He pump-faked a shot from 3-pt range, took one dribble and dunked hard in a game I saw earlier this year... like Marek's play last night against Duke.)

On the downside, he's a sophomore - but will be turning 22 this summer?!?! Which means he'll be 24 after he completes college. I didn't turn 22 until after I graduated college - seems like kids these days get red-shirted some time before HS and then take an additional prep year before college.

The same reason Carmelo bullied mediocre players when he was in college?
Barrett is probably around 6’6 and chukwu is 7’2 that’s a 8 inch difference I’d be swatting every shot with those long arms if a dude tried to drive on me that was 8 inches shorter

We’ve put several players in the pros over the past several years. Not every player sticks, we’re not landing a lottery pick annually and we never have.
DC Billy Fab Pearl Johnny Dion say Hi

Barrett is probably around 6’6 and chukwu is 7’2 that’s a 8 inch difference I’d be swatting every shot with those long arms if a dude tried to drive on me that was 8 inches shorter

Barrett is a stud. He’s on a different level out there.

I bet if you were Craig Forth you would’ve swatted Carmelo every time he went to the hole in practice, right?

Think he actually did, though?

Think he’s got a chance to be that classic athletic SU forward that comes on strong later in his career.

And, he seems to have a knack for finishing, Something this current squad seems to lack, alas.

I see the same potential and this guy is just getting started. I am most impressed with his fearless approach and seems totally unfazed by his surroundings. He is gonna be sneaky special

Regardless of which current SU players eventually get drafted none of our current players will ever last in the NBA.

I was thinking about it earlier today. Last night, the difference makers for Duke were 2) O'Connell and 3) DeLaurier's first half where he essentially kept SU from a 12 point lead due to big plays. But the number one key last night was simply Barrett showing himself to be THE NBA player on the court.

Not for next year noone on our team can make an NBA roster for the 2019/2020 season.

Oshae and Tyus could come back next year improved though and be the best player in the NCAA and thus would play themselves into the draft like Brogdon. Thats a lot more likely to happen than people think and our fans need to cut the putting our players in the NBA because they show up pretty good as freshman its ridiculous and self fulfilling prophecies.

We tend to recruit kids from good families though who give them sound advice to not leave to go undrafted. Noone has gotten burned leaving with eligibility remaining I think Devo and Paul are it and that was a little different.

I don't know why we have been doing this garbage we didn't used to noone thought Donte Green had to leave while his stock was high as a freshman we expected him back ditto Flynn. Ever since Ennis our fans have been ridiculous with this crap.

Hasn't gone away either 90% of this board thinks Battle will leave (to punt on an NBA career and fight for 10 minutes a night in the G league or go straight to Europe.)

Not for next year noone on our team can make an NBA roster for the 2019/2020 season.

Oshae and Tyus could come back next year improved though and be the best player in the NCAA and thus would play themselves into the draft like Brogdon. Thats a lot more likely to happen than people think and our fans need to cut the putting our players in the NBA because they show up pretty good as freshman its ridiculous and self fulfilling prophecies.

We tend to recruit kids from good families though who give them sound advice to not leave to go undrafted. Noone has gotten burned leaving with eligibility remaining I think Devo and Paul are it and that was a little different.

I don't know why we have been doing this garbage we didn't used to noone thought Donte Green had to leave while his stock was high as a freshman we expected him back ditto Flynn. Ever since Ennis our fans have been ridiculous with this crap.

Hasn't gone away either 90% of this board thinks Battle will leave (to punt on an NBA career and fight for 10 minutes a night in the G league or go straight to Europe.)
Can’t wait for him to return and all of us think we’re a top 10 team and then we finish on the bubble

Can’t wait for him to return and all of us think we’re a top 10 team and then we finish on the bubble
If Carey stays and we either pick up a big body center on the transfer market or a late 2019 signee then top 10 could be plausible

If Carey stays and we either pick up a big body center on the transfer market or a late 2019 signee then top 10 could be plausible

I’d make us preseason #1, definite favorite to win the whole thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom