We dont have any NBA talent | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

We dont have any NBA talent

If Carey stays and we either pick up a big body center on the transfer market or a late 2019 signee then top 10 could be plausible
Ur saying this if battle returns right?

I hate duke, but even without zion they can still clearly turn it on a bit. Rj embarrassed team USA in fiba
This might sound crazy but I'm starting to think the knicks might be better off getting barrett.

Give it a rest on Barrett. He looked about 6-8 min last night. He’s a flat out baller. Reminds me a little of Lamar Odom

RJ Barrett is Tracy McGrady or Andruw Wiggins at the next level. It depends on how motor.

Zion Williamson is Larry Johnson at the next level.

Cam Reddish is Jimmy Butler at the next level.

Duke may have talent but they won’t win the NC. As they can’t shoot well enough from 3 IMO in a one and done scenario.

Can’t wait for him to return and all of us think we’re a top 10 team and then we finish on the bubble

Lots of talent in the ACC heading straight for the NBA draft. If Naz Little goes top 10 that is 5 of the top 10 being ACC guys with the 3 from Duke and Alexander-Walker.

UVA might lose guys early for the first time ever (see Nova last year.)

There are really only 3 teams we are looking up at. The league should ease up.

Way too early to be making any of those kind of predictions though. And tournament success for us likely works against us being good next year (putting us on the bubble.)

We’ve put several players in the pros over the past several years. Not every player sticks, we’re not landing a lottery pick annually and we never have.
You're wasting your time.
To paraphrase Animal House: "Nevermind, they're on a roll".

He is sitting on the bench
Who is this mystery man that can protect the ball, get others involved and shoot; and which bench is "the bench" that this mystery man is sitting on, because it sure isn't ours?

Regardless of which current SU players eventually get drafted none of our current players will ever last in the NBA.

Actually that's been true for years. Few of our players have had significant NBA careers.

Regardless of which current SU players eventually get drafted none of our current players will ever last in the NBA.
It’s a trade off. We all lamented our low-grade one and domes and said “if we could just get some kids to stay a few years, we’d be great.” We’ll, these kids have stayed and there’s been a ceiling on their success. I’m honestly still reconciling it all.

And, he seems to have a knack for finishing, Something this current squad seems to lack, alas.

I think 6 of SU's losses become wins if we had anyone that could finish like that.

Our main problem is Brissett hasn’t developed that CJ Fair/Kris Joseph driving ability.
Our forwards aren’t consistent offensively Hughes and Brissett.
That is why our offense isn’t consistent.

Imo Hughes and Brissett are each NBA talents. Unfortunately Brissett’s not developed the ability to drive. Hughes, I’ll wait and see further.

Imo Hughes and Brissett are each NBA talents. Unfortunately Brissett’s not developed the ability to drive. Hughes, I’ll wait and see further.

I disagree, especially re: Hughes.

But as you say, can't predict it right every time. Wait and see.

I don’t see it. There’s a long list of SU forwards who were good college players who didn’t make the pros(Joseph, Fair, Shumpert, etc) - or if they did it was a cup of coffee(Nichols, Southerland May have played a few games?). I don’t see Brissett or Hughes having anything about them stand out over those guys.

The ones who made it were either obvious, best player in college basketball level guys(Melo, Owens, Coleman, Wallace) or an athletic freak like Grant or both like Warrick and Wes.

He can drive. He can't finish and he can't shoot. Least efficient player ever here. Look at the stats.

Yup. Not a good passer either. He surprised me by making a great pass off a drive last game. May have been Chukwu’s dunk? I forget.

But he has an awfully long way to go, if he’s going to be a pro. It’s not impossible, but at this point looks unlikely IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom