We dont have any NBA talent | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

We dont have any NBA talent

Brissett has the ability and athleticism. His future rests in his development which has been slow to non-existent as of now.

He’s a double double threat, nightly, who just last year set our freshman free throw record. He’s since struggled embracing his strengths and attempting to score through contact. It’s crazy how non fluid, circus like, driving and finishing looks when you’re attempting to avoid contact. He’s not Gbinije/Dion/etc. those circus finishes wont fall even close to enough. He needs to ground and pound, hopefully he’s getting back to that.

RJ Barrett is Tracy McGrady or Andruw Wiggins at the next level. It depends on how motor.

Zion Williamson is Larry Johnson at the next level.

Cam Reddish is Jimmy Butler at the next level.

Duke may have talent but they won’t win the NC. As they can’t shoot well enough from 3 IMO in a one and done scenario.
for me the jury is still out on Reddish. Barrrett can play and competes at a very high level IMHO. Six games with overr 30 as a Frosh. Sign me up

Brissett has the ability and athleticism. His future rests in his development which has been slow to non-existent as of now.

He’s a double double threat, nightly, who just last year set our freshman free throw record. He’s since struggled embracing his strengths and attempting to score through contact. It’s crazy how non fluid, circus like, driving and finishing looks when you’re attempting to avoid contact. He’s not Gbinije/Dion/etc. those circus finishes wont fall even close to enough. He needs to ground and pound, hopefully he’s getting back to that.
his two misses at the stripe late Saturday were a killer.

Yup. Not a good passer either. He surprised me by making a great pass off a drive last game. May have been Chukwu’s dunk? I forget.

But he has an awfully long way to go, if he’s going to be a pro. It’s not impossible, but at this point looks unlikely IMO.
He had 4 assists. Two alley-oops to Chukwu, and one to Dolezaj. Also had 4 steals. And we know he clearly was fouled on one of his misses.

Still, if he could finish better . . .

his two misses at the stripe late Saturday were a killer.

Yup. Down 6 with 1:40 to go at the time.

If he makes them, we still have a legit shot.

Those misses pretty much ended the game.

Edit: also, the toolbag from Duke that I know was crowing on Twitter about “beating Syracuse at the Dome by double digits! Wow! This team is so special”...smh. This should’ve been a 4 point
loss or so. Make a friggin FT.

You play with who you can keep on the floor.
That counts only for a W/L record. If you're making actual assessments of players and teams, you kinda have to factor in who was actually playing.

for me the jury is still out on Reddish. Barrrett can play and competes at a very high level IMHO. Six games with overr 30 as a Frosh. Sign me up

I can see why Reddish is a major prospect. I could see him struggling early on as a pro, but emerging in a few years. He has the length and athleticism and defensive ability that they love and can hit the 3.

He’s gotta become a more consistent shooter and develop his overall offensive game.

Drafted high? I don’t see it. Possible second rounder if he can become a great(40% from 3) shooter.

Consider Andrew White was a lot better shooter with a weak handle.
I think Hughes is a more explosive athlete than White.

If I had an NBA team and could take anyone from this roster...I’d honestly probably take Dolezaj.

If NBA S&C can remove the tapeworm from his body, the guy has NBA skill for a modern 4/5.
Not nearly a good enough athlete for that spot in the NBA.

outside of Battle we have no one with a remote chance of sniffing the NBA - Brissett ain't getting picked if they go to 5 rounds and Hughes wouldn't get drafted before the 10th round - and while at times I think Battle is going to be a decent NBA player HOW THE HELL DOES HE LET HIMSELF JUST GET HIS ASS LOCKED DOWN

Yup. Not a good passer either. He surprised me by making a great pass off a drive last game. May have been Chukwu’s dunk? I forget.

But he has an awfully long way to go, if he’s going to be a pro. It’s not impossible, but at this point looks unlikely IMO.
Seriously can you actually see OB competing against NBA players?
Tyus might have a chance. Nobody else comes close.

If I had an NBA team and could take anyone from this roster...I’d honestly probably take Dolezaj.

If NBA S&C can remove the tapeworm from his body, the guy has NBA skill for a modern 4/5.
he's the most skilled player on the roster at the moment, but he couldn't defend his position at the next level & he doesn't shoot it well enough to cover up for that

he's the most skilled player on the roster at the moment, but he couldn't defend his position at the next level & he doesn't shoot it well enough to cover up for that
Marek will play in Europe. Wont get a cup of coffee in the NBA.

only will get worse - we can't get top 50 kids to come up for the duke game , let alone come to SU
it's over until changes are made
Highest recruit we have had in years - he sits him, he will leave - pathetic

only will get worse - we can't get top 50 kids to come up for the duke game , let alone come to SU
it's over until changes are made
Highest recruit we have had in years - he sits him, he will leave - pathetic
he was ranked 52 in the final rsci rankings (same as kaleb joseph in the 2014 class, fwiw)
compare that to 31 for tyus and 29 for malachi and the only conclusion is that you are either ignorant or lying

he was ranked 52 in the final rsci rankings (same as kaleb joseph in the 2014 class, fwiw)
compare that to 31 for tyus and 29 for malachi and the only conclusion is that you are either ignorant or lying
The old-timey comparison was "knave or fool".

Does he? I see a guy who was very developed physically as a freshman. I don't see a freak athlete. He has good size but what is his position at the next level?

If he can't play a physical game in college how will he play like that in the NBA?

My take is hes a very good player who is only a Sophomore and has 2 years after this to work on his game and refine his skills. I'm not putting a ceiling on the end product.

Marek will play in Europe. Wont get a cup of coffee in the NBA.

Release on his three ball is too low. Scouts don't like that. He gets it off quick though. If he can tweak it to release higher and shoot more and make them teams might be interested 2 years from now. Not sure if the zone helps him or hurts him defensively as an NBA prospect it might be covering up flaws or it might be holding back a very good 1 on 1 on ball defender. He has the right attitude on that end of the court and that is what got Mr Pump Fake Tyler Lydon drafted. Guess what intangible he has in common with Lydon that NBA teams like even if they won't admit it?

"If I had an NBA team and could take anyone from this roster...I’d honestly probably take Dolezaj."

you own a Northern Baltic Alliance team ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom