we go as gbinije goes | Syracusefan.com

we go as gbinije goes

orangehomer

All American
some games you can tell early he just isn't engaged or active. cooney and Christmas are what they are but we can't win with a 2 man show. he just isn't ready to play today on offense or defense.

We go as our defense goes and lack of a 4th contributor/threat to pick up slack

Full_Rebar said:
Lack of awareness with Mitoglu. He's making a killing in Gbinijie's corner.

He's guarding one and a half guys, the guy on the wing who is a three point threat and the guy on the baseline who's 9-10

He's guarding one and a half guys, the guy on the wing who is a three point threat and the guy on the baseline who's 9-10
well, I would have to say he didn't do a good job on the guy in the cornor.

We go as Rak, Cooney, and G go offensively. It'll be tough to get wins when 1 of those 3 has a bad game unless we really play well on D. Roberson is a monster on the boards, but unfortunately neither he nor any of the other guys are ready to pickup the slack on O if any of the main three are off

We go as Rak, Cooney, and G go offensively. It'll be tough to get wins when 1 of those 3 has a bad game unless we really play well on D. Roberson is a monster on the boards, but unfortunately neither he nor any of the other guys are ready to pickup the slack on O if any of the main three are off
we also haven't had the fluke game from one of our non stars. Patterson somehow hits 3 3's. Or Roberson goes off for 12 to 14 pts.

some games you can tell early he just isn't engaged or active. cooney and Christmas are what they are but we can't win with a 2 man show. he just isn't ready to play today on offense or defense.

Just 3 assists shy of a triple double and there has been just 9 of those in SU history.

Was this thread serious? I didn't get a chance to watch the game tonight...but the boxscore shows Mike G with an incredible stat line of:

- Our 3rd leading scorer with 17 points on 5-12 FG (42%), 3-5 from 3pt (60%!) and 4-6 from the line (67%...unfortunately, good for him this year)...

- Our leading rebounder (and game high rebounder) with 11 boards...

- Our leading assist-er (and game high assist-er) with 7 assists...

- 2 steals, 1 block, 2 turnovers, and 4 fouls.

Overall, 3 assists shy of a triple-double. That's pretty incredible to me. Again, can someone please explain if there is something I am missing by not having watched the game?

Was this thread serious? I didn't get a chance to watch the game tonight...but the boxscore shows Mike G with an incredible stat line of:

- Our 3rd leading scorer with 17 points on 5-12 FG (42%), 3-5 from 3pt (60%!) and 4-6 from the line (67%...unfortunately, good for him this year)...

Overall, 3 assists shy of a triple-double. That's pretty incredible to me. Again, can someone please explain if there is something I am missing by not having watched the game?

When we got down by the score of 50-41, I was saying something similar to the original post. Cooney and Christmas had a bunch of points, Joseph and Roberson had a couple, and Gbinije had 1 with a bunch of missed layups (and, as always, some impressive rebounds).

He was the difference; I said we wouldn't come back without him. He did it. Strong close to the game for him, some mistakes notwithstanding.

it kind of proved me right, because he stunk for the first 3o minutes or so and once he got engaged and aggressive, it was like a different team. even if he missed the layup to win it in regulation.

He played a lot better the last 15 minutes for sure...on both ends of the floor.

As JB would say, premature anything isn't good...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom