We have a coaching opening | Syracusefan.com

We have a coaching opening

Tough spot but good for him! Moving up the ladder.

Good luck to Z.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

It's a good move for Z. He was blocked at SU for as long as McNamara and Autrey are assistants here. A really nice guy. He will be missed. I hope he is assertive enough to be a good recruiter. He's very quiet and laid back.

Maybe this is BRNFRVCUSE or whatever his name was opportunity.

It's a good move for Z. He was blocked at SU for as long as McNamara and Autrey are assistants here. A really nice guy. He will be missed. I hope he is assertive enough to be a good recruiter. He's very quiet and laid back.

Agree completely about Z.

What's your take on Gerry as a recruiter, CTO? Not that he's eligible to recruit anyways most of the time because I believe it's just the 3 of Autry, Hop, and JB generally, but w/ USA basketball going on this summer I'm sure Gerry will be out (and possibly Z would have been too if allowed) due to JAB and Hop being w/ USA basketball a lot. Outside of being firey in game type situations I have always thought of Gerry as being kinda quiet and laid back also so I wondered how he would do out on the recruiting trail.

What's your take on Gerry as a recruiter, CTO? Not that he's eligible to recruit anyways most of the time because I believe it's just the 3 of Autry, Hop, and JB generally, but w/ USA basketball going on this summer I'm sure Gerry will be out (and possibly Z would have been too if allowed) due to JAB and Hop being w/ USA basketball a lot. Outside of being firey in game type situations I have always thought of Gerry as being kinda quiet and laid back also so I wondered how he would do out on the recruiting trail.

Quiet and laid back he is not. We either all saw a different GMac when he played or he made a transformation. He is very very well spoken and very out going. Not a Hop fireball but you'd be surprised.

Binghamton's not as bad a job as you think. Great facilities, winnable conference, terrific community support.

Only problem is the whole rebuilding mode from the Broadus debacle. In terms of a job, though, there are plenty of worse spots.

Quiet and laid back he is not. We either all saw a different GMac when he played or he made a transformation. He is very very well spoken and very out going. Not a Hop fireball but you'd be surprised.

Thanks! Assumed this was the case with the promotion turning permanent so quickly.

Gerry seems to have gone through a complete transformation. I suspect it's maturity and gaining confidence. I have seen him at practice. He's a very take-charge guy when interacting with the players. And they seem to really like him. I suspect he will be a good recruiter. He's very articulate, very approachable and very analytical. My guess is that the mothers out there will love him ... much as they have loved Hop.

Gerry seems to have gone through a complete transformation. I suspect it's maturity and gaining confidence. I have seen him at practice. He's a very take-charge guy when interacting with the players. And they seem to really like him. I suspect he will be a good recruiter. He's very articulate, very approachable and very analytical. My guess is that the mothers out there will love him ... much as they have loved Hop.
Plus, his performances in the BET and NCAAT will always be shown and relevant, and he will be recognized along with Syracuse in those big stages/moments.

Plus, his performances in the BET and NCAAT will always be shown and relevant, and he will be recognized along with Syracuse in those big stages/moments.
Except they will be shown less now we are going to the ACC...however we can hope the ACC someday ends up playing some tourneys in NYC.

I hope this opening interests Jason Hart.
How much influence does this position have? I was under the impression they couldn't coach or recruit?

How much influence does this position have? I was under the impression they couldn't coach or recruit?
That is correct. Z worked with players, and on team business, away from the court. It is a position where guys learn about coaching and about how programs work.

Personally, I would love them to bring Pearl Washington or Derrick Coleman into the fold (if either is interested). And when Adrian Autry leaves for a head coaching position, Allen Griffin should be brought back as well. Griffin may be a good one.

Personally, I would love them to bring Pearl Washington or Derrick Coleman into the fold (if either is interested). And when Adrian Autry leaves for a head coaching position, Allen Griffin should be brought back as well. Griffin may be a good one.
I don't think Pearl or Derrick is a real possibility (for different reasons). Derrick right now is a great ambassador for the program, and that is what he is good at. Pearl has had some medical issues, and he currently has a job that is a good match for his abilities. (Wow, that was a tough sentence to write).

I hope this opening interests Jason Hart.
Wasn't he just named asst. coach out west? Pepperdine, maybe? I would think it might be tough to leave an asst. coaching position for coord of player development. But who knows?

Is Etan Thomas retired from playing yet? Or is he too "subversive"?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom