We have a new goal.,,, | Syracusefan.com

We have a new goal.,,,

Will ESPN allow SU to outnumber the Georgetown fans at the Gameday show?

Take over an opposing team's ESPN game day environment. March 9 th game day visits Georgetown. You can bet your ass it's for the final SU-gtown big east game.

Ladies and Gentlemen, you have your assignment
I would like to optimistically think that we have already clinched the BE regular season title and that we are playing for a number seed in the NCAA.

i figured we would not host this year as they are saving up for a duke or unc visit to the dome

Yep. We gotta win that game at Georgetown or else be prepared for the inevitable "Syracuse is officially out of the BigEast" remark from Hoya faithful.

It's an absolute must win!!!

Game day at Gtown?

Oof.

Are they trying to set the record for smallest crowd?

They will make this ticket so hard to get to keep SU fans out that they'll probably end up with about 20 kids inside the arena.

And Jalen Rose is joining the group.

March 9th? That seems really late. I assume that's our last Big East regular season game?

March 9th? That seems really late. I assume that's our last Big East regular season game?

Yeah, late ending this year; Big East championship not until the 16th, Final Four on the 6th and 8th.

Don't love having a mid-week (or weekend before end of season) Senior Day, but it sounds like a great way to wrap up our Big East experience.

Take over an opposing team's ESPN game day environment. March 9 th game day visits Georgetown. You can bet your ass it's for the final SU-gtown big east game.

I'm wondering if Georgetown will try to block credit card holders with CNY zip codes as the Nationals did to Philly area fans for a Phils-Nats series in May.

We have our assignment, but will we have tickets?

BE accomodating ESPN in scheduling.

When do tix go on sale?
And do they offer group rates...like say a group of about 15,000?

Ok I've done it for football games...we need several card carrying Hoya Club members to buy a group of 100 tix and sell them to us. I'm in for 1 or 2 tix.

SU plays Georgetown home and home this season. You can have Gameday at the worst basketball environment in the conference or the best. Nice choice.

I am going down there for this one, even if I have to mug the Hoya mascot to get in.

SU plays Georgetown home and home this season. You can have Gameday at the worst basketball environment in the conference or the best. Nice choice.

I am going down there for this one, even if I have to mug the Hoya mascot to get in.
Well, that said, it's pretty obvious why they went with this game. It's the whole "Syracuse's last BE game versus their arch rivals" thing. At least, I assume this is our last BE regular season game, I haven't seen the schedule. From a marketing perspective it makes sense on the surface. I just hope they are prepared for a tepid crowd.

Pretty sure the BE wouldn't want ESPN to showcase a school that was leaving, thus the DC site. Plus, it's easier to travel from DC to Chapel Hill for the evening.

Yep. We gotta win that game at Georgetown or else be prepared for the inevitable "Syracuse is officially out of the BigEast" remark from Hoya faithful.

It's an absolute must win!!!
That is exactly what I thought upon learning of this. My adrenaline is flowing already!!