We just saw a man's current career end | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

We just saw a man's current career end

Ehhh. The line was fine yesterday. Devito held the ball wayyyy too long. He also missed a few wideeeee open guys down the field.

Fact of the matter is if you don’t have great talent you must pay attention to detail and have good clock management, special teams, avoid penalties, and avoid killer turnovers.

We were absolutely terrible in all 4 of those areas yesterday. Fundamentals have remained terrible under Dino.
He also threw passes into double coverage when other receivers were open.

We can’t recruit QBs. Shafer landing Dungey turned out to be a miracle. We’ve had below average spare parts aside from him. We thought Dino’s system would allow him to plug any ol’ QB in to produce an offense, but that was wrong. His system turned out to be a joke, it sucks. The only year it worked was when Dungey was being super human. Other than that at its best it yielded yards without points, at its worst its one of the lowest ranked in the entire game.
Offense needs a QB smart enough to know where to go with the ball ahead of time

I think the system works, I think they just fell in love with a special arm and it was too easy to make excuses for the rest of his problems, the arm was just too tempting

Last edited:
He learned that from Taj. Taj loves showing up his QB for making a bad pass then he usually follows that up with a crippling drop when a ball hits him in the hands.
The fact that Taj is our #1 is also a problem
I sit in the end zone and Taj put on a show after Shrader did not see him open on 3rd down. Taj threw his hands up, slapped his helmet, and put his hands over his eyes as he slowly walked off the field. Not one member of the coaching staff said a word to him.

I sit in the end zone and Taj put on a show after Shrader did not see him open on 3rd down. Taj threw his hands up, slapped his helmet, and put his hands over his eyes as he slowly walked off the field. Not one member of the coaching staff said a word to him.
I will be happy when he’s gone. Personally I would’ve booted him well before this.

Llike many other former players, I will not financially support Cuse Football until a change is made. 3 - 17 in the last 20 games would get anyone fired but not at SU. Would like to see the following get a chance to right the ship and they include:
1) Joe Moorhead
2) Bill O’Brien
3) Sean Lewis
4) Deon Sanders
5) Any hot shot young OC
Need to keep the entire defensive staff for the right coach can recruit and WIN at the Cuse. Dino is a good guy but his time is up.

Llike many other former players, I will not financially support Cuse Football until a change is made. 3 - 17 in the last 20 games would get anyone fired but not at SU. Would like to see the following get a chance to right the ship and they include:
1) Joe Moorhead
2) Bill O’Brien
3) Sean Lewis
4) Deon Sanders
5) Any hot shot young OC
Need to keep the entire defensive staff for the right coach can recruit and WIN at the Cuse. Dino is a good guy but his time is up.
I am just a diehard SU football fan but I notified gift planning to stop my monthly donation to the Orange Club. I cannot support Dino anymore.

Offense needs a QB smart enough to know where to go with the ball ahead of time

I think the system works, I think they just feel in love with a special arm and it was too easy to make excuses for the rest of his problems, the arm was just too tempting
The system is lousy. At its best we racked up a lot of yards, but were terribly inefficient and didn’t score enough. Only Dungey got us points. It’s year 6, I’ve seen enough to say that the system sucks.

And DeVito’s arm isn’t special. It’s just strong. Big difference.

1) Joe Moorhead
2) Bill O’Brien
3) Sean Lewis
4) Deon Sanders
5) Any hot shot young OC
I thought about Deon. Wasn't sure if he'd make the move with his son already enrolled.

Remember the chatter this week about how we were going to “open the playbook” against Rutgers. Those were good times.

Don’t be so pessimistic. We’re saving it for Clemson.

1) Joe Moorhead
2) Bill O’Brien
3) Sean Lewis
4) Deon Sanders
5) Any hot shot young OC
IMO only #1 and #2 are realistic. I think of the G5 HCs Chuck Martin deserves a look. His 1st two seasons were spent turning Miami around. Since then he is 24-11 in conference.

This is another example (along with the penalties) of the lack of discipline and accountability under Dino. No one ever seems to get benched for drops, not blocking, showing up teammates etc. We have about 10 WR's on the team, someone else should be able to come in and do something.

Yeah Sharod upstaging TD for the ball thrown behind him was something. Even the crappy announcers were saying he needed to catch it. I’m trying to understand why that dude is playing over the younger more talented kids
He dropped that ball because he was scared to get hit. No idea why he’s on the field.

The system is lousy. At its best we racked up a lot of yards, but were terribly inefficient and didn’t score enough. Only Dungey got us points. It’s year 6, I’ve seen enough to say that the system sucks.

And DeVito’s arm isn’t special. It’s just strong. Big difference.
Year six sounds like a lot but it's two qbs. I'm sure devito makes jaw dropping throws that aren't just arm strength. We've seen them, you know they've seen more

I dont believe that is true. If iowa St can be a top 10 team, then we can be a top 20 team with the right coach and offensive philosophy
I agree. Get a name coach in here that 4* kids will want to play for. Kids follow succesful coaches. kinda like that movie, Field of Dreams…..”build it and they will come”. Similar strategy. We already have the dome. We already have the practice facility. Oh……..but the cost. Don’t we rake in some 32 million$ annually from the ACC? No excuses.

Last edited:
I will be happy when he’s gone. Personally I would’ve booted him well before this.
Our coach responds to his repeated tantrums by taking him to ACC Media Day to represent the University. The lack of accountability and discipline is reflected in the team’s play and continual unforced penalties.

I am just a diehard SU football fan but I notified gift planning to stop my monthly donation to the Orange Club. I cannot support Dino anymore.

You can choose where your donation goes.

Taj doesn't know how to behave himself at all, he's always throwing temper tantrums on the field. My jaw almost hit the floor pregame when I saw him as a team captain. He's one of our better players but if the staff is afraid to discipline him then that is a major red flag to me. He's one of those guys who might have a chance to be drafted and his behavior will probably ensure he is an UDFA when the time comes IMO.

Reactions: FAL
Year six sounds like a lot but it's two qbs. I'm sure devito makes jaw dropping throws that aren't just arm strength. We've seen them, you know they've seen more
It’s more than 2 QBs though. Dungey was hurt all the time, and DeVito has missed a ton of time too. The system sucked last year in his absence because Dino can’t recruit QB worth a damn.