We just saw a man's current career end | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

We just saw a man's current career end

And it’s not fast it’s sloooooow
It’s a mess. It’s clear Dino doesn’t have any idea what he wants to do on O, and it’s the third season of that.

But hey, all we need is an NFL-caliber OL, and 4 or 5 top flight receiving threats who can get separation against any coverage, and then the O will really be humming, right?

I went back and watched the presser to hear any commentary on the “punter” switch. Most on here will say Dinos career hinges on his “punt” on 4th and 10, but in reality his career should’ve been ended here when he tried to execute a different style punt and bringing some guy in that has never played before to execute it. It’s a beyond absurd decision that in all my time playing football have I ever heard or seen. You don’t experiment with punting out of your own end zone. Idiots

If this team wins more than 3 games I'll be surprised.
There is some talent on defense. But this mistake fest was atrocious and totally frustrating.
Cuse fans are beating themselves up over turnovers, and RU fans are having nightmares about the O line being non existent, as they head into big ten play

RU scored 61 points against Temple and I walked out of the game saying the offense was horrible... no sustained drives, just short yardage scores after turnovers. At least Syracuse stood tall on defense after a turnover or a mistake on the field...

Remember the chatter this week about how we were going to “open the playbook” against Rutgers. Those were good times.
Did we even get 50 offensive plays?

We? I don't think the players quit.
Not the defense, that’s for sure. The offense displayed a level of infighting clear as day on the field yesterday; Game 2 and coming off a win no less… they have given up on Devito.

Cuse fans are beating themselves up over turnovers, and RU fans are having nightmares about the O line being non existent, as they head into big ten play

RU scored 61 points against Temple and I walked out of the game saying the offense was horrible... no sustained drives, just short yardage scores after turnovers. At least Syracuse stood tall on defense after a turnover or a mistake on the field...
Temple scored 14 against Rutgers.

Temple scored 14 against Rutgers.
Cuse played a much more competitive game than Temple

Preseason some thought that Temple would be harder to beat and in no way was that right

Not the defense, that’s for sure. The offense displayed a level of infighting clear as day on the field yesterday; Game 2 and coming off a win no less… they have given up on Devito.
Yeah Sharod upstaging TD for the ball thrown behind him was something. Even the crappy announcers were saying he needed to catch it. I’m trying to understand why that dude is playing over the younger more talented kids

Yeah Sharod upstaging TD for the ball thrown behind him was something. Even the crappy announcers were saying he needed to catch it. I’m trying to understand why that dude is playing over the younger more talented kids
Honestly before he was named starter I wasn't even sure if he was still on the roster.

I went back and watched the presser to hear any commentary on the “punter” switch. Most on here will say Dinos career hinges on his “punt” on 4th and 10, but in reality his career should’ve been ended here when he tried to execute a different style punt and bringing some guy in that has never played before to execute it. It’s a beyond absurd decision that in all my time playing football have I ever heard or seen. You don’t experiment with punting out of your own end zone. Idiots
His career should have ended last year vs Pitt and we’d have options like Leipold still on the table, who would fit well here vs Kansas

Yep that was embarrassing on Sharod’s end. Shame, I’m sure he would have loved flaunting that would be catch on instagram despite a humiliating loss. Just like our other O players.

There’s no sense of pride. We legitimately have two different teams between the D and O. I do not think Dino runs a tight ship or has the lockerroom/team in check

Yep that was embarrassing on Sharod’s end. Shame, I’m sure he would have loved flaunting that would be catch on instagram despite a humiliating loss. Just like our other O players.

There’s no sense of pride. We legitimately have two different teams between the D and O. I do not think Dino runs a tight ship or has the lockerroom/team in check
I think it’s because he has no leader on O. TD clearly has created a schism on O.

I think it’s because he has no leader on O. TD clearly has created a schism on O.
Watching Mikel Jones control the D and the crowd was beautiful. That’s why I’d be fine with booting Dino today and polishing the keys for White tomorrow. No discipline, pride or culture on O. Kind of inexplicable considering the vets on O.

Watching Mikel Jones control the D and the crowd was beautiful. That’s why I’d be fine with booting Dino today and polishing the keys for White tomorrow. No discipline, pride or culture on O. Kind of inexplicable considering the vets on O.
Agreed. I’m in the Sean Lewis or White camp. Give us a known quantity. Remember when we wanted a name like Scott Frost?

Agreed. I’m in the Sean Lewis or White camp. Give us a known quantity. Remember when we wanted a name like Scott Frost?
Yeah im past the need to make a splash phase. We need a foundation built, a proven identity, and continuity. I completely agree. Im seriously bummed we may have missed out on Leipold but maybe we could grab him from Kansas if he gets them to moderate respectability this year.

I’m not sure how likely it is we could get Lewis

He learned that from Taj. Taj loves showing up his QB for making a bad pass then he usually follows that up with a crippling drop when a ball hits him in the hands.
The fact that Taj is our #1 is also a problem

I am an eternal optimist. I have a feeling this thread won’t age well. Frustration, yeah. Mistakes, oh yeah. Devito, Hell no. I think things will shape up. I have spoken.

Look at quality programs on different levels and they have a commonality in speed, team play and a clear plan for both sides of the ball: Oregon, South Dakota State, and Costal Carolina. Yes there are other examples. I use those 3 since I recently saw their games!

There’s no push w a rush offense. There’s no pulling, nothing. Sure
They were ok in passing downs. But this is vanilla stuff.

when Syracuse football was good the line could push teams around w our multiple offense. People like to mock the freeze option but boy when that was on it was unstoppable.
we were innovative with the freeze option. It was copied all over and called the spread offense but they were all variations of the freeze

Kansas recently got blasted by Costal Carolina who put up 42 points on them; perhaps another savior might be looked at.