We just saw a man's current career end | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

We just saw a man's current career end

Well you see, down 2 scores with 1 minute left they were focused on check downs and short passes.

Yeah, I mean, what the hell. It was like going for a 2 point conversion when you're down by 3.

It feels impossible for us to improve enough over the course of this season to return to a bowl.

Babers is done. The decision to punt sealed it for me.

I had really high hopes. I don't know what happened, but he's not the guy we hired anymore.

I'm ready for a change.
1. Year after year, Dino's teams have actually gotten WORSE from week 1 to week 2. Everyone else gets a lot better. Every year. And we become significantly worse.

2. The illegal formations and other self-inflicted penalties are even more consistent. To be fair, this was a tradition that started before Dino's arrival.

3. The offense has been unbelievably easy to predict, no matter our personnel. I yearn for the play-calling of George DeLeone.

Belief without evidence? How about belief without a job? Dino is a great ambassador but just not Head Coach material at a D1 school in the northeast. I believe he is very close to a "Little Engine that Could" press conference. Perhaps by early November?

It’s bad when we want just five wins it’s really a disgrace and btw how do you punt a ball 8 yards? I think Garrett deserves to start next week and see what he has

I don't feel like Dino did Schrader any favors, putting him out there at his own 9 yard line, and then again deep in his own territory when he did get his chance in the 2nd quarter.

There isn’t a coach alive who can fix this program.

Dino is stubborn...he was stubborn before he made changes to his coaching staff and he's doing the same thing with Devito...
For sure. Dino is living proof of the diagnosis bias ( Dino recruited and secured a commitment from a 4 star QB who qualified as a finalist in the Elite 11 competition) and the confirmation bias (that same quarterback looks great in a controlled practice environment).

1631398708398.gif

1. Year after year, Dino's teams have actually gotten WORSE from week 1 to week 2. Everyone else gets a lot better. Every year. And we become significantly worse.

2. The illegal formations and other self-inflicted penalties are even more consistent. To be fair, this was a tradition that started before Dino's arrival.

3. The offense has been unbelievably easy to predict, no matter our personnel. I yearn for the play-calling of George DeLeone.

Belief without evidence? How about belief without a job? Dino is a great ambassador but just not Head Coach material at a D1 school in the northeast. I believe he is very close to a "Little Engine that Could" press conference. Perhaps by early November?
Dino’s inability to use (or even attempt to use) the middle of the field is mystifying. And yes, a TE is certainly part of that, but not everything.

I really wanted him to succeed. I wanted him to be the guy. But it’s clear at this point it won’t happen here.

I’m not sure we can compete in the ACC by hiring MAC or AAC coaches. To recruit to Syracuse, I think we need a big name. But I don’t know if we can pay that guy. So I’m starting to wonder, after 20 years of this, if this is just what we are.
The we can’t pay him crap is a crock. This university is spending money all over the place. 2million more for a coach and 1 more for the coaches budget doesn’t make a difference. Having an empty stadium for the rest of the year hurts more then a few extra million towards a budget.

Here is why punting is just absolutely insane. If everything goes well and you get the ball back, you are exactly where you were with less time to score twice. It makes no sense. If you trust your d to get it back trust them to stop them if you don’t get the fourth down conversation.