We knew this was a tough stretch | Syracusefan.com

We knew this was a tough stretch

SUGIANT

2nd String
As much as I’d like them to have results like the first 6 weeks, it wasn’t going to happen. The ND offensive line dominated the SU defensive line and really laid bare a weak spot. They have a lot of heart, but that doesn’t equal the size differential. I thought Tucker ran well today, but receivers dropped A lot of balls. ND played ur right by running the ball up the gut until SU could stop it, they never did.

on to Pitt, another tough game, but not as tough as ND or Clemson. Let this one go…

Sounds pretty reasonable to me. We've come back to earth and there's nothing wrong with that. A fast start that included some good fortune had us on cloud 9. Had we been told preaeason we'd be 6-2 with losses to Clemson and Notre Dame, we all would've signed up for that. Now let's fix some things and finish strong. This is still set up to be a really good year with reason to believe we can build on it next year and be better. This reminds me a little of 1990 leading into 1991 or 1991 leading into 1992.

Last edited:
As much as I’d like them to have results like the first 6 weeks, it wasn’t going to happen. The ND offensive line dominated the SU defensive line and really laid bare a weak spot. They have a lot of heart, but that doesn’t equal the size differential. I thought Tucker ran well today, but receivers dropped A lot of balls. ND played ur right by running the ball up the gut until SU could stop it, they never did.

on to Pitt, another tough game, but not as tough as ND or Clemson. Let this one go…
ND is not good, we play like today and we will have similar result. I have no question

ND is not good, we play like today and we will have similar result. I have no question
Sounds like any team that can reasonably hold up in the trenches or play with a lead can sink them. Very one dimensional.

Wake looks very beatable today, and they won't over power our defense physically.

BC just lost to UConn.

Pitt on the road will be tough but they aren't world beaters.

FSU is not going to be pretty.

8-4 should be the goal still. Loved what I saw from CDRW today. A week with the 1's will do wonders for their timing. He's as athletic as Shrader, throws a better ball, and most importantly, is healthy.

ND is good on the road and against better competition, for whatever reason. Teams who can bully with their OL/running game are a problem. Pitt and FSU both run the ball well, that will be an issue.

I hear ya man. But here’s the thing, if you designed a team to beat us, it would be ND. Add the fact that we played bad, and this is the ugly result.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom