We looked good | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

We looked good

No reason to downplay his accomplishments after taking over a single digit team to defend this garbage we saw tonight. Is he the best no but the absurd comment wasn't worth the reply.
lol Do I need to clear what posts I respond to with you?

You guys are bad at math distance

Two feet behind line are not 30'

They are makeable shots

They are makeable when they're open. Not when they're defended and the shooter is rushed. I don't think they had more than a few open 3 point looks all night.

Props to Tony Bennett and their team. Those guys D up every year. Nothing but respect for his teams.

You will shoot 23% every time you take the collection of horrible shots we took tonight. Just re-watched all our offensive possessions. We took NINE shots tonight where the shooter had his feet set, was balanced, and squared to the basket. NINE.

Do we think that anyone in the Melo Center a) has made this observation and b) will offer instruction to the players to improve upon this?

Serious question.

I agree orangenauburn. We need our bigs to be effective on the boards. Sid needs to grab more than 2 rebounds a game for us to be in games though. Its early in the season though so I am not going to overreact to our first game of the year against one of the best defenses in the country.

Just didn't hit shots or board

We missed a lot of open looks

My biggest complaint is lack of effort on boards

We settled for too many threes, but we shot as bad as you could

Not worried

You won't shoot 23% every game

Boards are bigger concern
I like Joe Girard. Finally we have a proper point guard. He is a freshman but plays like a junior already.

I like Joe Girard. Finally we have a proper point guard. He is a freshman but plays like a junior already.

Come on you don't really believe that do you?

Can't go as far as to say we looked "good" but going in my three biggest concerns were defense with all the new parts, turnovers, and rebounding. Two out of three turned out to be very encouraging. Bad matchup for a first game with a young team and I respect JB's assertion that this UVa team may end up being BETTER defensively than last year.

Not ready to concede anything quite yet. Let's see how this team develops.

Do we think that anyone in the Melo Center a) has made this observation and b) will offer instruction to the players to improve upon this?

Serious question.

Serious answer. No, I don’t think so. When the coach who orchestrated that monstrosity stands in front of the media and says we got open looks and we just need to make shots, it shows he no longer knows how to define a good quality shot. This is a problem.

Serious answer. No, I don’t think so. When the coach who orchestrated that monstrosity stands in front of the media and says we got open looks and we just need to make shots, it shows he no longer knows how to define a good quality shot. This is a problem.

i only saw the post game presser, but he didn’t put it that way. He said we got “some” good shots but we didn’t move the ball well enough and didn’t use screens and picks. He mentioned the lack of ball movement a few times. Maybe I missed it but I don’t remember him saying we got open looks and just need to make shots.

You will shoot 23% every time you take the collection of horrible shots we took tonight. Just re-watched all our offensive possessions. We took NINE shots tonight where the shooter had his feet set, was balanced, and squared to the basket. NINE.
thumb_nine-times-nine-times-gifsforum-com-gif-ferris-buellers-day-off-52101320.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom