We need six wins this year | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

We need six wins this year

It’s quite simple.
We used to have a clown show as a HC and coaching staff.
Thus no patience or trust.
This HC isn’t a clown show and is cleaning up a mess.
Thus I have patience and trust.
I believe in Dino and thus W/L record needs to improve but we had such a talent problem I am patient.

Scott Shafer’s hiring set the program back 5 years. Dino is cleaning that up and the schedule isn’t going to be as insane nonconference wise.

It’s quite simple.
We used to have a clown show as a HC and coaching staff.
Thus no patience or trust.
This HC isn’t a clown show and is cleaning up a mess.
Thus I have patience and trust.
I believe in Dino and thus W/L record needs to improve but we had such a talent problem I am patient.

Scott Shafer’s hiring set the program back 5 years. Dino is cleaning that up and the schedule isn’t going to be as insane nonconference wise.

I agree SS wasnt HC material , but be careful with the assistants. I haven't seen a position coach/non coordinator come close to Daoust in terms of player development and in game production. Tim Lester WAS and IS an offensive mind and talent as he will run a big program someday. Clark Lea working with the backers? And Rob Moore with the receivers? Isnt close that the SS were better just working with lesser talent. Then again, maybe this is unfair bc we don't get any info on Dino assistants. Zero info Thus, they are strictly judged on performance . Performance with better talent. And , if we do that all but Lester did a better job with their position players .

I agree SS wasnt HC material , but be careful with the assistants. I haven't seen a position coach/non coordinator come close to Daoust in terms of player development and in game production. Tim Lester WAS and IS an offensive mind and talent as he will run a big program someday. Clark Lea working with the backers? And Rob Moore with the receivers? Isnt close that the SS were better just working with lesser talent. Then again, maybe this is unfair bc we don't get any info on Dino assistants. Zero info Thus, they are strictly judged on performance . Performance with better talent. And , if we do that all but Lester did a better job with their position players .

How else would you judge them besides performance?

How else would you judge them besides performance?

Um, recruiting and that subjectively when you get to know a coach in interviews and say, heck yea, i would want to play for that guy or heck yea I want my son in his hands for the next 4 years . Sure, if we are judging on performance, esp on the D, SS had better assistants.

Rob Moore never coached for Shafer.
He was Marrone’s Wr coach and went with him to Buffalo.

Tim Lester wasn’t the original OC. When he took over in the 2nd year he wasn’t good. He was okay in year 3 but not anything more than average.

The DC was Chuck Bullough. Bullough was awful as the DC. Clark Lea was okay but again Shafer had a MAC coaching staff in a P5 league and recruited like we were a MAC school.

Shafer’s tenure set us back 5 years. The last 2 years not a single Shafer recruit has even been invited to the NFL combine. Maine has sent players the last 2 years.
Dino is cleanly it up.

Rob Moore never coached for Shafer.
He was Marrone’s Wr coach and went with him to Buffalo.

Tim Lester wasn’t the original OC. When he took over in the 2nd year he wasn’t good. He was okay in year 3 but not anything more than average.

The DC was Chuck Bullough. Bullough was awful as the DC. Clark Lea was okay but again Shafer had a MAC coaching staff in a P5 league and recruited like we were a MAC school.

Shafer’s tenure set us back 5 years. The last 2 years not a single Shafer recruit has even been invited to the NFL combine. Maine has sent players the last 2 years.
Dino is cleanly it up.

Bullough was your insertion . Again , havent seen better coaches than Daoust and Lea as position guys strictly.

Bullough was your insertion . Again , havent seen better coaches than Daoust and Lea as position guys strictly.
I am done with you as your statement isn’t true.
Those guys didn’t do anything more than okay at Syracuse.

Babers guys have upped the talent.
Alton Robinson is better than any DL brought in by Lea or Daoust.

Lol, of course you are "done with me" bc i am crediting the SS staff AND you ARE so closed minded and super pro DINO that you can't see my point.

You have no argument. Yes , Dino has brought in better talent, but you can't say that his staff has coached anyone up better! AGAIN, look WHAT Daoust ET AL DID WITH what they had to work with:)

You have no argument. Yes , Dino has brought in better talent, but you can't say that his staff has coached anyone up better! AGAIN, look WHAT Daoust ET AL DID WITH what they had to work with:)
Yeah I got no argument Rob Moore was Shafer’s WR coach right?

They were not good coaches at Syracuse. Babers is cleaning up Shafer’s mess.

We beat BC normally so I put them in the W column. Smae with the rest that I listed.

We're 3 - 3 against BC since 2010, so I'm not positive that we beat them normally. They also give us issues where we typically are struggling so not sure why BC would go in the win column.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom