We need some good news... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

We need some good news...

Image result for good news meme

Good news, I think we bottomed out against BC.
Revamped Oline looked much better winning 2 out of last 3.
# 25 gives us something we haven’t had speed wise IMO
Hope in the fact we will probably be going with new Defensive strategy (I hope) with new coordinator.
The Crane is doing its thing.
Good days ahead

oh why? The general consensus around the program is, if we could get the right guy that dino wanted, we would probably be bringing in a Co-OC

however, not sure that plan is still on the table

Your theory doesn’t make a lot of sense to me because we still need a LB coach. You could shuffle duties to have (presumably stannard l) to be the DC AND coach LBs while the DT coach would also assume DE responsibilities but that seems like you’re spreading a bad defense pretty thin.

Assuming no offensive coaches would be fired to make room, moving one over to coach defense doesn’t make sense either - since they are O coaches. I dont know if moving Lustig or Ferri over to coach LBs or DEs really helps anything.

Notre dame 2019 season = Syracuse 2018 season. Does that count?

Your theory doesn’t make a lot of sense to me because we still need a LB coach. You could shuffle duties to have (presumably stannard l) to be the DC AND coach LBs while the DT coach would also assume DE responsibilities but that seems like you’re spreading a bad defense pretty thin.

Assuming no offensive coaches would be fired to make room, moving one over to coach defense doesn’t make sense either - since they are O coaches. I dont know if moving Lustig or Ferri over to coach LBs or DEs really helps anything.

both OC and DC were, up until Dino’s guy got hired, to have them be Co-OC and a new Co-DC.

Ohh. Now I’m even more intrigued. I already feel like I’m going to have a meltdown with the “DC” hire.

it’s all good, because that original plan isn’t happening.

I wouldn’t be shocked to see us also hire a new co-oc with the new co-dc. But like everything, it’s always fluid and subject to change very quickly

Some good news? Sure

The dome is getting a new roof with new lighting and sound next season

$25 million was just donated to the football program

Trill Williams stole the ball away from Wake and Cuse won the last game of the season in dramatic fashion

The 2020 recruiting class features Alford, Ja'vontae, Mahar and Kinsler. Also Chris Bleich from Florida is coming along with other big bodies. And probably more are on the way

A new defensive coordinator will be announced soon to erase the debacle of the BC game.

It was just Christmas! And a Happy New Year is on the way!

it’s all good, because that original plan isn’t happening.

I wouldn’t be shocked to see us also hire a new co-oc with the new co-dc. But like everything, it’s always fluid and subject to change very quickly

Well we can’t hire two coaches unless another coach is let go. So who else is getting fired?

Well we can’t hire two coaches unless another coach is let go. So who else is getting fired?

you can easily move positions around and call someone an “analyst”

have you not seen the other schools do this all through college football

We only have one staff opening. You seem to be missing that point.

Hiring guys to be analysts is fine but they’re not CO-offensive coordinators and they can’t recruit off campus.

Two entirely different things.

We only have one staff opening. You seem to be missing that point.

Hiring guys to be analysts is fine but they’re not CO-offensive coordinators and they can’t recruit off campus.

Two entirely different things.

I don’t think you are totally understanding either. We are allowed 9 position coaches, everyone would get moved around possibly to an analyst position or let go.

This was only happening IF we got a person that Dino felt was a solid fit as I said before...this didn’t happen so as I also said, this plan has folded.

you can’t just call a guy an analyst, unless the guy doesn’t mind a pay cut, not being allowed on the field and not being allowed to recruit. We’d have to cut someone loose to have room.

Some good news? Sure

Trill Williams stole the ball away from Wake and Cuse won the last game of the season in dramatic fashion

The 2020 recruiting class features Alford, Ja'vontae, Mahar and Kinsler. Also Chris Bleich from Florida is coming along with other big bodies. And probably more are on the way

A new defensive coordinator will be announced soon to erase the debacle of the BC game.

And I saw and wished on a shooting star this morning.

Some good news? Sure

Sure, if you want to remove emotion from the claim and present facts...
(Sarcasm font off)

You can add the following:
HCDB has won with less talent

SU has developed the new center, a kid who, as a freshman, took on the job because it was a needed position

The skill players have improved immensely under HCDB

Having forgotten just how far SU fell before HCDB, the rebuild is in full swing. No team chalks up SU as an automatic win.

you can’t just call a guy an analyst, unless the guy doesn’t mind a pay cut, not being allowed on the field and not being allowed to recruit. We’d have to cut someone loose to have room.

I would assume there are ways to make it work. In a situation like this were they are moving people around to bring in a co-oc.

The coach doesn’t necessarily get a pay cut. They are still on the sidelines for all of the games and at practices. Yes, they would not be able to recruit but there are a few members on our staff that aren’t necessarily the top recruiters.

Once again, it all doesn’t matter because Dino’s guy was hired at Arkansas. Dino was only going to do this if he got the guy he wanted. So we won’t know what exactly the ultimate plan was.

the question is, does Dino have any other people in mind besides Briles

I am also def not saying we wouldn’t have let anyone go because that also would have been a possibility.

I would assume there are ways to make it work. In a situation like this were they are moving people around to bring in a co-oc.

The coach doesn’t necessarily get a pay cut. They are still on the sidelines for all of the games and at practices. Yes, they would not be able to recruit but there are a few members on our staff that aren’t necessarily the top recruiters.

Once again, it all doesn’t matter because Dino’s guy was hired at Arkansas. Dino was only going to do this if he got the guy he wanted. So we won’t know what exactly the ultimate plan was.

the question is, does Dino have any other people in mind besides Briles

Is this fact or opinion?