We need some good news... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

We need some good news...

This is opinion. Also, you would be a fool to think that Dino doesn’t currently call the shots when it comes to the offensive game plan, personnel, play calling etc. He essentially was already the co-OC of this team. On what planet would a third OC join this group??

I like coaching talent as much as the next guy but how about we find a coach or two instead that can actually sign a recruit over a peer?

say what you want, guess we will never know.

but I will say I’m from a small town called Owego where everyone knows everyone

ha, Owego. Spent a lot of time there for business reasons. And yes, everyone does know everyone.

The Strawberry Festival is huge !

Does this mean you are saying it is a fact? I'm not trying to call you out and you don't need to name sources, but is this just your opinion or do you have an actual fact-based reason to believe that Dino was prepared to hire Kendall Briles? Either is fine. You're entitled to your opinion, but you've been posting as if this was a fact.

Does this mean you are saying it is a fact? I'm not trying to call you out and you don't need to name sources, but is this just your opinion or do you have an actual fact-based reason to believe that Dino was prepared to hire Kendall Briles? Either is fine. You're entitled to your opinion, but you've been posting as if this was a fact.

Dino was prepared to hire Briles. It is a fact. Not an opinion.

we at the very least were going after him hard. Not sure we had an actual chance of getting him.

Good news? Two more years of Iffy, Cisco and Trill.

despite injury, coverage, tackling issues; this core group has accomplished more in two years than many db’s do in a college career.

i expect a new attitude defense next season.

Good news, I think we bottomed out against BC.
Revamped Oline looked much better winning 2 out of last 3.
# 25 gives us something we haven’t had speed wise IMO
Hope in the fact we will probably be going with new Defensive strategy (I hope) with new coordinator.
The Crane is doing its thing.
Good days ahead
The only problem is Lynch has no idea how to run the offense to get the ball in Jordan's hands. Right now he is the 3rd running back and won't get more the 5 or 6 offensive plays a game.

So it sounds like JR heard from a source that there was some level of pursuit of Briles in an OC capacity be it Co or not. Does that mean that Dino believes he needs another presence on offense or was it just a one off opportunity given the person and his familiarity with the offense in place? I am hoping the former.

So it sounds like JR heard from a source that there was some level of pursuit of Briles in an OC capacity be it Co or not. Does that mean that Dino believes he needs another presence on offense or was it just a one off opportunity given the person and his familiarity with the offense in place? I am hoping the former.
I'm betting the latter ...

Don't need more staff need D Tackles/Middle Guard /LBackers and backups at each position

835DF861-44BF-4205-9713-C862BFF42BAD.jpeg

I don’t think money is the reason. A well regarded/connected poster previously indicated that resources are being made available to Dino. It will be interesting to see how he utilized those resources to add to the staff. These will be make or break decisions for Dino here at Syracuse is my thinking. I can’t wait to see what he does, I would expect things to be finalized/made public here soon. Interesting that Navy is still playing. Perhaps that is why we have had to wait?

I was able to sneak a ton of toys out the door, unnoticed by my possessive, hoarding (and of course, wonderful) 5 year old. All sent off to Goodwill, and am yet to hear a word about it.

If you don’t consider that good news then I hate you.

I was able to sneak a ton of toys out the door, unnoticed by my possessive, hoarding (and of course, wonderful) 5 year old. All sent off to Goodwill, and am yet to hear a word about it.

LOL.. I‘be been there.

My dog and I will be doing that same annual dance later this week.

I don’t think money is the reason. A well regarded/connected poster previously indicated that resources are being made available to Dino. It will be interesting to see how he utilized those resources to add to the staff. These will be make or break decisions for Dino here at Syracuse is my thinking. I can’t wait to see what he does, I would expect things to be finalized/made public here soon. Interesting that Navy is still playing. Perhaps that is why we have had to wait?

Arkansas is paying Briles 1 million per year for whatever that info is worth. I'm not sure Syracuse is in the tier that is going to fork over that kind of money for a coordinator, especially when you hired and pay Dino to be the offensive genius.

Arkansas is paying Briles 1 million per year for whatever that info is worth. I'm not sure Syracuse is in the tier that is going to fork over that kind of money for a coordinator, especially when you hired and pay Dino to be the offensive genius.
Interesting. Thats some good money. I hear what your saying about Dino being the genius but would add two items to frame into that comment. Many schools bring in consulting or other expertise to better their offense and defense from Bama to whoever. Seems like a common practice.
Second even though Dino is a really experienced guy, these are slightly new waters for him. It’s ok to bring in seasoned or different expertise to help navigate challenges he maybe he has not navigated previously before. Especially when the answers might not be coming from the current OC or the current OC doesn’t have the experience.(Not saying that is or isn’t the case here with Lynch). No different than a company having smart good workers but bringing in experience/expertise where maybe gaps are identified. I know you know this, just thinking out loud.

Did some googling in the non-P5 arena. These guys seems interesting.

This guy was at Ole Miss (originally from NJ) Phil Longo - Football Coach - Ole Miss Athletics

Did some googling in the non-P5 arena. These guys seems interesting.

This guy was at Ole Miss (originally from NJ) Phil Longo - Football Coach - Ole Miss Athletics

I don’t think it likely Dino would hire an OC with no hands on experience running the Syracuse/Baylor offense. Maybe if it were a co-OC but wow, that would be a surprising move. Can’t see him abandoning his system for someone else’s.

The only problem is Lynch has no idea how to run the offense to get the ball in Jordan's hands. Right now he is the 3rd running back and won't get more the 5 or 6 offensive plays a game.
We haven’t even seen him play outside of 4 games yet. Don’t talk about absolutes until you see him for more then that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom