we need southerland back or the season is a wrap | Syracusefan.com

we need southerland back or the season is a wrap

orangehomer

All American
sorry to be negative but that's the way it is. we now have 7 players and 2 of them are cooney and keita :(.

And we will win 20+ with or without Dirty and DC2 and be in the tournament. We will get at least DC2 back, and possibly Dirty back, before the tourney.

We beat top ranked Louisville, at Louisville, without Dirty and basically without DC2.

Yes, this season is a lost cause.

Look, I am Dirty's biggest fan, and I agree that with him in the lineup, Syracuse is a serious national title contender . . . but I also think that, long term, Grant is probably a better prospect, so that the ability to force feed him minutes in Big East action could go a long way towards obviating the loss of Southerland by the time the NCAAT rolls around.

I have to keep repeating this: while currently the most productive players on the team are upperclassmen, the most talented players (MCW, Roc, Grant) are underclassmen, and all of them should be better in 2 months than they are now.

If the goal is to get ranked #1 sometime in the middle of the season, things look a little bleak right now; but if the goal is to be the last team standing in April, then there is still plenty left in the arsenal to make that happen.

And we will win 20+ with or without Dirty and DC2 and be in the tournament. We will get at least DC2 back, and possibly Dirty back, before the tourney.

We beat top ranked Louisville, at Louisville, without Dirty and basically without DC2.

Yes, this season is a lost cause.
flip side is that we stole games against l'ville and cinci, and dumped one against nova. the schedule doesn't get any easier. what seed do you think we might be after a month of this lineup?

flip side is that we stole games against l'ville and cinci, and dumped one against nova. the schedule doesn't get any easier. what seed do you think we might be after a month of this lineup?
We play 8 games in February. At worst we will go 4-4. That means we would still be 22-6 heading into March. We will also possibly get Dirty back sometime in that span. Side note: we will not lose 4 games this month.

Again, get a grip.

How & the hell long does it take to complete an investigation anyway?
Even if he's innocent he's being punished for every game he misses.

I hear that the NCAA has put Walter Sobchak on the case of the questionable homework

"Is this your homework, Dirty? You are entering a world of pain, son. Is this your homework, Dirty?"

I hear that the NCAA has put Walter Sobchak on the case of the questionable homework

"Is this your homework, Dirty? You are entering a world of pain, son. Is this your homework, Dirty?"
This is what happens when you use a tutor in the tests! You see this Dirty? This is what happens when you use a tutor in the tests!

There's so much parity in the Big East and nationally, I wouldn't be surprised to see SU drop to maybe a fourth seed in the dance. But that doesn't mean they can't surprise in March. They may be better off in that role. Never liked SU as a favorite.

i am totally fine with 7 deep. but are you fine when 2 of the 7 are cooney and keita? that is question.
Honest question: are you old enough to remember the team primarily being referenced? The 95-96 team? Because while that team had a better #1 player, this team BURIES that team 2-7. So yes, I'm fine with Cooney and Keita being our 6 and 7, especially since, again, DC2 should be back for the tourney, and Dirty could be as well.

Edit: I say that 2-7 statement even with Lazarus Sims being my favorite basketball player of all time, just so you know I'm not bullshitting.

Bright side- Raks gonna get huge minutes and his development will speed up (it had better!). Cooney is also likely to see more time (though I don't like the guard thingy) and his development will speed up. Jeremi's time doesn't change with this but he'll keep on keepin'on and getting better and better. Team has enough to get by Pitt. Lastly, as another poster stated, JB is used to the 7 man rotation- if anyone can divvy up minutes correctly, he can.

Bright side- Raks gonna get huge minutes and his development will speed up (it had better!). Cooney is also likely to see more time (though I don't like the guard thingy) and his development will speed up. Jeremi's time doesn't change with this but he'll keep on keepin'on and getting better and better. Team has enough to get by Pitt. Lastly, as another poster stated, JB is used to the 7 man rotation- if anyone can divvy up minutes correctly, he can.
I agree but the most important thing is we get Southerland back and all is well.

There's so much parity in the Big East and nationally, I wouldn't be surprised to see SU drop to maybe a fourth seed in the dance. But that doesn't mean they can't surprise in March. They may be better off in that role. Never liked SU as a favorite.
I actually loved them as a favorite until they lost Onuaku and Fab.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom