We need to face facts | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

We need to face facts

. Throwing Rex in on 4th down was concerning... Seemed like a completely emotional decision that would be made if the game thread was collectively coaching the game. .

I’m not sure little kids playing NCAA football throw Rex to try to surprise the other team

Even when we were consistently good, it was kindve a bandwagon fanbase from week to week.

There’s never been enough dyed in the wool loyal Orange football fans. It is what it is. It’s not really in the culture and never has been despite the programs history of success.
Yes, but we're capable of making the Dome a tough place to play with good crowds. Maybe not to the rafters every game, but good crowds nonetheless.

As of right now, I don't blame anyone for not going to these games. I'm a die hard and even I struggle to block out a few hours on Saturday to watch this sad sack of a program try to punch its way out of a paper bag.

I have hope in our system and recruiting but am thoroughly disgusted today.

Yes, but we're capable of making the Dome a tough place to play with good crowds. Maybe not to the rafters every game, but good crowds nonetheless.

As of right now, I don't blame anyone for not going to these games. I'm a die hard and even I struggle to block out a few hours on Saturday to watch this sad sack of a program try to punch its way out of a paper bag.

I have hope in our system and recruiting but am thoroughly disgusted today.

The Dome is a tough place to play because of physics. It has a low roof, so when people cheer it gets really loud.

We have some incredible fans. Just not a ton of them.

Just wondering out loud here. Curious to see.
I'm wondering if the majority of the people who are hopeful that Dino is the man to turn this around, are over the age of 36, and if the majority of the ones who have given up on Dino, or think we are not improving are under 36. I'm wondering if the ones who grew up in the era of instant gratification, just can't stomach the fact that a college football team, almost without exception, requires 3-4 years to turn around, while the older fans, 36 and over, have more patience.
I'm not saying this is the case, but I'm wondering if there is any truth to it. I know that myself (40), and my closest friends at work, who are also over 35, feel very hopeful, while the guys I work with in their 20's want Dino fired, because he isn't winning at least 8 games, and scoring 40 + a game in year 2.
Well I'm definitely over 36, ahem, and I think Babers is the man to turn this program around. I see it in who is being recruited and that in most games we are competitive.

I’m continually fascinated that some folks try to blame the fans. We just gave up 60 points to wake forest. It has nothing to do with the fans.

Who is blaming the fans? I’m just pointing things out.

The other guy was blaming the coach for trying to get the fans excited for the second half.

Who is blaming the fans? I’m just pointing things out.

The other guy was blaming the coach for trying to get the fans excited for the second half.
No I didn't.

I said it's a bad look he did that and then proceeded to get curbstomped all half.

No disrespect intended, but lol. Backwards? You have to be kidding.

Just like most of us, he’s frustrated. We’re definitely not there yet, but the fact we’re even in games has me confident. Do we need to start winning these close games? Absolutely. Our D is better, but still is well below average. I was quick to say that both Robinson & Shaffer has to go, because there was absolutely NO light at the end of the tunnel. With Babers, that’s not the case. He deserves all of 4 years!!!

No I didn't.

I said it's a bad look he did that and then proceeded to get curbstomped all half.

I don’t see what one has to do with the other though.

We sucked in the second half, so yeah it’s a bad look that the team played that way. Trying to get the fans to stay and be into the game and saying we need them is a bad look? It’s not like he guaranteed a win. He just knew we were in a battle and wanted the fans to support the team and help. So what?

It's a bad look to do that and then proceed to play the worst half of football I've ever seen. Clearly he wants fan participation and more attendance... well, he also has to hold up his end of the bargain.
Things are so bad I’m agreeing with longislandcuse. Cats and dogs, etc...

Because the fan base is what it is and it isn’t terrible. To call out the fans and then get ran off the field is a bad look. Can you not see that?
Did you see it? He wasn't 'calling out' the fans. He told them to stick around. Sheesh. How is that calling out the fans?

Football games are won in the trenches and both our lines lost their respective battles today.

It happens. Worst game from the D all year.[/QUOTE
D played like they did vs. Pitt last year.

They beat wake didn’t they?

LSU was supposed to be bad to. Another beauty I read here.

Wow! Really! They beat Wake so they're good? FSU was in a complete free fall when we played them last week and we blew a legit opportunity to get our first W against them since the 60's. Wake coming into this game had lost 4 out of 5. They racked up 40 points in the second half and our D looked completely clueless (as well as in that 1Q when they scored 21 points at ease). Our coaches deserved to be blamed for a horrible game plan defensively. It's like they never saw/prepared for WF's read offense. A total embarrassment. It reminded me (defensively) a few years back when we played GT and lost 55-0 against their wishbone O.

Did you see it? He wasn't 'calling out' the fans. He told them to stick around. Sheesh. How is that calling out the fans?
I didn’t see it, I was at the gane

There are no baby steps, we are moving backwards.

Clearly we are not.
We were playing terrific ball going into half time.
We were within a score late AWAY against Miami and Florida State, teams that have beaten us by 50 points.
I don't know what happened to the defense in the second half, but there were a couple bad interceptions and things snowballed. It happens.
But this team is SO MUCH BETTER than it was earlier this year, or last year, or at any time under Shafer.

I’m 33 and completely behind Babers. This boards’s a train wreck lately. Both football and basketball. Get a grip people. You aren’t smarter than the coaches.

We had over 600 yds of offense - I don't think our OL lost their battle.

Football games are won in the trenches and both our lines lost their respective battles today.

It happens. Worst game from the D all year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom