We need to lower our expectations. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

We need to lower our expectations.

Thank you. The BJ/Roberson class has turned into a really bad group. BJ made a couple nice plays today but overall he looks in over his head right now. I was told Roberson was going to be a better Grant by this point and when he's actually on the court he looks like he should be playing for Sisters of the blind. We can't hit on every recruit but it looks like we took a leap backwards with that class

They haven't turned into a really bad group.

They are like the vast majority of players who are getting their first extended playing time.

They need time to develop.

A player like Ennis is the exception, not the rule.

Now, maybe they never become the players that the coaching staff anticipated they would become but it is way too early to make any pronouncements on whether they are a disappointing class or not.

Nah, let's just call them a really bad group. It really makes the posts stand out that way

Efffff that. Bring on Louisville! Our guards need a challenge!!!!!
If they wan a suitable challenge they should implement a 3-point shooting contest every practice.
The winner gets to avoid watching tape of their shooting in the previous game.

CuseHulk said:
I admit. I didn't think we would lose to ST. Johns. Had going 10-3 in non conference. I still think we end up going 9-4. Then conference play 9-9 realistic (we will lose to somebody we shouldn't, we will also beat somebody we shouldn't) This team has flaws, and coupled with inexperience and lack of development is a problem. Cue, I have been a fan since 1900 and i have seen a lot of basketball. Have some faith, you of all people have written this team off from the get go.

I purposely didn't post in the annual "predict the season record" thread for a reason. I've felt from the get go this was a borderline NCAA team at best. We are a middle if the road acc team with a schedule prepared for an upper tier acc team. Not a good recipe for success.

Pg was my biggest concern entering the season and the shooting has been worse than I thought possible.

I admire your faith, but you might to save that first line of your post above. You'll get plenty of chances to re-use it, you'll just have to substitute a different team name.

Zona, Kansas and Ville seem to be doing pretty well.
Kansas has rebounded well from losing Wiggins and Embiid but let's see how they do this season before we say they handled it. Zona and especially Ville haven't lost what we've lost early to the draft the past 3 years, I'm saying if they did, they probably wouldn't be able to sustain it either.

That being said, our recruiting majorly messed up on the sophomore class.

I purposely didn't post in the annual "predict the season record" thread for a reason. I've felt from the get go this was a borderline NCAA team at best. We are a middle if the road acc team with a schedule prepared for an upper tier acc team. Not a good recipe for success.

Pg was my biggest concern entering the season and the shooting has been worse than I thought possible.

I admire your faith, but you might to save that first line of your post above. You'll get plenty of chances to re-use it, you'll just have to substitute a different team name.

Being a fan is about having faith.

I am going to be interested in your reaction. When we beat somebody you and others didn't expect us to beat.

I trust the hall of fame head coach, and their is talent on this team and if we can get some shots to fall. The defense will be good enough to keep us in most games.

Bayside44 said:
Our starting PG is on the D-League shuttle from Fresno? to Phoenix. When kids leave before they're ready to "follow their dreams" this is what you get.
Fresno > philly

Completely agree.
So much depended on one guy...Kaleb Joseph.
He'll improve...but it is going to take time.
If the outside shooting remains this poor...(and we keep jacking up so many 3's) I hate to say that we may face the prospect of Jim Boeheim's first losing season.

Second to last in all of Division 1...that's really something that needs to sink in a for a bit. 8 games in, and we are one spot away from being the absolute WORST shooting team (threes) in the entire country. And we're not brimming with athletic run and gun type players. I guess someone has to be the worst - never thought it would be us though.

I admit. I didn't think we would lose to ST. Johns. Had going 10-3 in non conference. I still think we end up going 9-4. Then conference play 9-9 realistic (we will lose to somebody we shouldn't, we will also beat somebody we shouldn't)

This team has flaws, and coupled with inexperience and lack of development is a problem.

Cue, I have been a fan since 1900 and i have seen a lot of basketball. Have some faith, you of all people have written this team off from the get go.

But do you have Ernie Davis' autograph?

kirbivore said:
But do you have Ernie Davis' autograph?

Pfffffft. Who wants an Ernie Davis one when you can have a Dannh Shayes one.

Kansas has been unbelieveable at reloading. They lose as much as SU and have won the B12 seven or so times in a row. Last season's team with Wiggins and Embiid, had lost the top 6 players from the season before and their went 25-10 and were considered a contender!

Kansas has rebounded well from losing Wiggins and Embiid but let's see how they do this season before we say they handled it. Zona and especially Ville haven't lost what we've lost early to the draft the past 3 years, I'm saying if they did, they probably wouldn't be able to sustain it either.

That being said, our recruiting majorly messed up on the sophomore class.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom