We need to stop... | Syracusefan.com

We need to stop...

SyracuseAl

Walk On
the trash talking with Rutgers fans. We are clearly the inferior team. Other than the 2 times we beat Shady and caught him asleep this team has done nothing against them in a decade. Watching the game today, they have a better offense, defense, ST and coaching staff than we do. They have clearly outrecruited us in a short period of time and continue to do so despite the fact that we are going to a superior conference. Sad day in our history. Even the most optimistic fan (who I consider myself to be) is dissapointed.

the trash talking with Rutgers fans. We are clearly the inferior team. Other than the 2 times we beat Shady and caught him asleep this team has done nothing against them in a decade. Watching the game today, they have a better offense, defense, ST and coaching staff than we do. They have clearly outrecruited us in a short period of time and continue to do so despite the fact that we are going to a superior conference. Sad day in our history. Even the most optimistic fan (who I consider myself to be) is dissapointed.

Offense - Better? No. Less Mistakes? Yes.
Defense - Better? No.
ST - Better? Yes, but we are awful.
Coaching Staff - Better? They won, but the jury's still out on Flood.

We gave them 2 wins in the last 2 years because we can't get out of our own way. It had little to do with Rutgers being the superior team, other than they were present on the opposite side of the field on those particular Saturday afternoons when the team decided to take bong hits before the game started.

We will gladly step aside so that rutgers can play Howard more often. Have fun rutgirls,

Offense - Better? No. Less Mistakes? Yes. No their offense showed that they can pick it up and make the plays if needed. They are mostly a low risk offense team. Their QB sows a lot of poise atleast today. Their offense will be a force the next 2 years.
ST - Better? Yes, but we are awful.
Coaching Staff - Better? They won, but the jury's still out on Flood. Agree with that. Flood still has not proven a lot. These are not his players and belong to Shady. He is though more disciplined than Shady.

Good teams don't beat themselves. That's what's different about SU and RZutgers.

Watching this game was painful, I feel like I just gave birth! Unfortunately, Nassib has turned into a turnover machine. Please - we don't need a QB with a rocket for an arm we just need a good game manager that can move the chains and get rid of the football to the right colored jersey's. It's not all on Nassib ( see blocked field goal and Rene "fumble"), but you can't have the offensive leader of the team continue to give away points every week. Without the turnovers, SU wins easily, but I say that every week.

This is how sad things have gotten.. they are no longer excited to get bowl eligible. We would be estatic if we became bowl eligible. The tables have definitely turned.

Good luck. The ACC is an easier conference.
Too bad next year it won't be even close to being as good as the ACC. Boise is overrated. The rest of the newbies are awful.

GFY

You can't look at Rutgers as they are right now. In a short time, they will lose their recruiting strength, & be another crappy team like they were just a few years ago.

Do you think Rutgers wouldn't trade a crappy season this year for an invite to the ACC?

THEY would drop the Big East like a hot rock if they were told they would have a losing season in 2012.

We can stop trash talking with RU fans because we're going to the ACC and they're stuck in a sinking ship. No need to even mention them in football ever again.

As for today... pretty even talent wise on O and D. They're wayyyy better on ST (coaching and attitude).

Deuces Rutgers.

Watching this game was painful, I feel like I just gave birth! Unfortunately, Nassib has turned into a turnover machine. Please - we don't need a QB with a rocket for an arm we just need a good game manager that can move the chains and get rid of the football to the right colored jersey's. It's not all on Nassib ( see blocked field goal and Rene "fumble"), but you can't have the offensive leader of the team continue to give away points every week. Without the turnovers, SU wins easily, but I say that every week.

Yeah, I don't know about winning easily, but we get the win. RU really only had one sustained drive, the 97 yard (2nd possession) one. Obviously, the block FG was the game changer...10 point swing right there.

This team is 2-4 because they deserve to be. Good teams find ways to win, especially, when the game pressure is on. This team does the complete opposite. You can excuse it or make it an exception if it happens once or on rare occasion, but for SU, it's the rule, not the exception. With that said, I don't know what that means for Marrone and his future at SU...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom