We need wild cards in the tourney | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

We need wild cards in the tourney

Some smaller conferences have changed the format a little to try to give the higher seeds more of an advantage and make the regular season mean more. Like the Atlantic Sun changed to a format this year where each game was on the floor of the higher seed and they played on Tuesday, Thursday and then the championship on Sunday. Other conferences have let the top seed host the conference tournament. I kind of like doing something like those ideas to make the regular season mean more and give the higher seeds an additional advantage.

I believe the America east is changing to something like this next year as well.

That's really interesting. So if the regular season champ goes out early in the conf. tourney, and a sub .500 team won it, they would swap it out and give the sub .500 team the NIT bid.

I still think some conferences will do away with the conference tourneys especially if they are money losers.

Most of these smaller conferences have been playing their postseason tourneys as far back as I can remember, so if they were losing major dollars you'd think those would have been canceled by now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom