We overachieved | Syracusefan.com

We overachieved

Cuse House

All American
We should be thankful we won as many games as we did. The guys played hard until the end, there should be no finger pointing, this team just was not THAT good tbh. We have the potential to be a great team next year if the right pieces fall into place and we develop a few shooters but lets not take away from what these guys did this year. Not many teams win as many games as we did with non-existent offense. Also, thanks to CJ and Baye, those two were apart of a lot of victories. Love the Cuse!

Agree. I thought we overachieved a good part of the year. In fact, I was amazed that we were 25-0. I think the last month really showed about where we actually were from a talent and effectiveness standpoint. I think we all got caught up on the record and the high ranking and believing we were actually better than we truly were. I was really confused in the last four games which were like "Jeckyl and Hyde". FSU - very good, NC State - not so good, WMU - very good, Dayton - back down to not so good. It got to the point wondering which team was going to show up.

As a footnote, I don't like to see the Ennis bashing right now. I would agree that the last two plays could have been handled better. Imagine the pressure the poor kid was under considering he was really the only one making plays late in the game and figured he had to keep doing that.

Agreed. This was supposed to be a rebuilding year.

ehhh...We were preseason #8.

We all know preseason rankings mean nothing, look at Kentucky the past two years. The preseason rankings are speculation and nothing more, they have no true indication on how good a team will be. Don’t get me wrong, we should have beaten Dayton without a doubt but that does not mean this team was as good as their record.

I have to disagree, take a look at some of the top seeds rosters, are they that much better than ours?

I have to disagree, take a look at some of the top seeds rosters, are they that much better than ours?

Athletic wise or talent wise? Heck no. From a basketball standpoint I would have to say yeah. When the main objective of basketball is putting the ball in the basket and we have no one who could do it consistently... I think that means we are not a top team. I understand what you are saying though because I have had those thoughts also but when you think about it, they have shooters and well we just don’t.

Athletic wise or talent wise? Heck no. From a basketball standpoint I would have to say yeah. When the main objective of basketball is putting the ball in the basket and we have no one who could do it consistently... I think that means we are not a top team. I understand what you are saying though because I have had those thoughts also but when you think about it, they have shooters and well we just don’t.

We probably aren't a championship team, but we also shouldn't be a team that Loses to Bc and Gtech, and gets bounced in the 2nd round of the tournament by an 11 seed.

We lost to Dayton. We didn't overachieve in the end.

We overachieved for several months and it was incredible. But Boston College and Georgia Tech should not be beating us in the Dome and Dayton should not be beating us unless they have a fluky game where they play out of their minds. That didn't happen.

We overachieved for several months and it was incredible. But Boston College and Georgia Tech should not be beating us in the Dome and Dayton should not be beating us unless they have a fluky game where they play out of their minds. That didn't happen.

Could not agree more.

The team got worse over the course of the year not better. How many other teams accomplished that?

Agreed. And this team should have made the SS at the very least.

Lets not sugarcoat it. It was an underachievement to finish the way we did. Call it as you may, but we were 25-0, a #1 seed lock, and the bottom fell out. Am i still proud of this team? Always. But something happened and we forgot how to shoot. Thats it. Only one game was a loss to a team that was clearly better and that was UVA at their place, after Grant went out. Personally, I would have been ok losing in the sweet 16 or farther. Tonight, to an 11 seed who was a bubble team is not sitting well with me.

The best part of this is that most of the people whining the loudest are the ones who thought we sucked anyway. #irony

Lets not sugarcoat it. It was an underachievement to finish the way we did. Call it as you may, but we were 25-0, a #1 seed lock, and the bottom fell out. Am i still proud of this team? Always. But something happened and we forgot how to shoot. Thats it. Only one game was a loss to a team that was clearly better and that was UVA at their place, after Grant went out. Personally, I would have been ok losing in the sweet 16 or farther. Tonight, to an 11 seed who was a bubble team is not sitting well with me.

And that bubble team 11 seed didnt even play all that well. I saw a decent team who played an average game...and it was enough to beat us. Not good.

I never thought we sucked at any point but I always had a feeling in the back of my mind that there was a possibility the wheels could fall off. It was just the way we started playing after Duke that made me feel that way.

We should be thankful we won as many games as we did. The guys played hard until the end, there should be no finger pointing, this team just was not THAT good tbh. We have the potential to be a great team next year if the right pieces fall into place and we develop a few shooters but lets not take away from what these guys did this year. Not many teams win as many games as we did with non-existent offense. Also, thanks to CJ and Baye, those two were apart of a lot of victories. Love the Cuse!
Agree that we had a much greater year than initially expected. Unfortunately, the offense never jelled. We had several bursts of greatness in the early goings but as we approached 25-0 we started to show weaknesses, primarily in the offense. The ACC schedule being back end loaded did not help, it only greased the skids. In the end, we actually underachieved with losses to BC, Georgia Tech, NC ST and Dayton. Good bye to this years seniors - CJ and Baye, you could not ask for better examples for Syracuse University.

See you all next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom