We really need Dino to turn this around | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

We really need Dino to turn this around

He hasn't turned Michigan around. O for his tenure against osu. He's 3-3 against sparty and let's face it sparty hasn't been great the past 6 years. He is supposed to be a QB guru he can't find a QB to save his life. Although McNamara looks decent
I find thoughts like this to be strange and the Michigan fanbase has similar thoughts as you do. In the 7 years prior to Harbaugh, they won more than 8 games 1 single time. He has won 10, 10, 8, 10 & 9 in his 5 seasons. Wouldn't an objective person look at that and think that he did actually turn the program around and put them back where they used to be under Carr, which is finish with between 8-10 wins per year and generally ranked between 8-15. Seems to me that is exactly what he's done. His main problem is that he was around while Urban built Ohio State into a powerhouse that is churning out NFL players at a rate never before seen in the Big 10. Only teams they lose to are usually whoever is 1 or 2 in the playoff. Michigan is a tough job, pretty similar to Tennessee. Fanbase thinks it's the 90s again and their expectations are out of whack with reality. Michigan doesn't have the talent in state that Ohio does and their admissions are way tougher as well. Hard to keep up. With all that said, no excuse for not smashing Sparty.

I find thoughts like this to be strange and the Michigan fanbase has similar thoughts as you do. In the 7 years prior to Harbaugh, they won more than 8 games 1 single time. He has won 10, 10, 8, 10 & 9 in his 5 seasons. Wouldn't an objective person look at that and think that he did actually turn the program around and put them back where they used to be under Carr, which is finish with between 8-10 wins per year and generally ranked between 8-15. Seems to me that is exactly what he's done. His main problem is that he was around while Urban built Ohio State into a powerhouse that is churning out NFL players at a rate never before seen in the Big 10. Only teams they lose to are usually whoever is 1 or 2 in the playoff. Michigan is a tough job, pretty similar to Tennessee. Fanbase thinks it's the 90s again and their expectations are out of whack with reality. Michigan doesn't have the talent in state that Ohio does and their admissions are way tougher as well. Hard to keep up. With all that said, no excuse for not smashing Sparty.

Taking tOSU out of the equation he has only one 2nd place finish in the B1G East and has lost his last four Bowl games.

Well I happen to also be a Michigan fan, Michigan should be able to recruit everywhere, when they were good in the 90's they were recruiting Ohio very well. Harbaugh hasn't even been competitive against them with the exception of 2016. Michigan is still a great job.

Taking tOSU out of the equation he has only one 2nd place finish in the B1G East and has lost his last four Bowl games.
Do any bowl games matter if they aren't playoff games? I don't think the players really care. Unless it's a crap school making it out of the blue or Syracuse somehow winning 10 games and getting a quality bowl game. Don't think teams that are aiming for the playoffs are particularly inspired to play in a meaningless game.

Do any bowl games matter if they aren't playoff games? I don't think the players really care. Unless it's a crap school making it out of the blue or Syracuse somehow winning 10 games and getting a quality bowl game. Don't think teams that are aiming for the playoffs are particularly inspired to play in a meaningless game.

They do to the fans and boosters and that is what gets you goodwill.

Well I happen to also be a Michigan fan, Michigan should be able to recruit everywhere, when they were good in the 90's they were recruiting Ohio very well. Harbaugh hasn't even been competitive against them with the exception of 2016. Michigan is still a great job.
I happen to be as well. Imagine then that you are pretty excited and hopeful about JJ McCarthy and most of this recruiting class coming in.

It may be a great job, but is Matt Campbell really coming in and beating Ohio State? I doubt it. I doubt anyone is in the next few years. NCAA allowing them to have Fields last year for no real reason was a killer. That and Shea never developing and just holding the team back while the defense was elite. Now the D is a mess and still looking for a QB. IMO, I'd rather stay the course and hire a different DC and hope that McCarthy is the QB that gets things going. I don't think there is a better coach out there that is going to come in and miraculously MMGA. Give me the guy who has won everywhere, grew up in AA and played for the school. This year was always going to be a disaster having to replace 4 OL that are in the NFL, top 3 WR, most of the secondary, and breaking in a QB with 0 starts. I'm not a gambler and still have memories of Rich Rod and Hoke and how bad things can get.

I happen to be as well. Imagine then that you are pretty excited and hopeful about JJ McCarthy and most of this recruiting class coming in.

It may be a great job, but is Matt Campbell really coming in and beating Ohio State? I doubt it. I doubt anyone is in the next few years. NCAA allowing them to have Fields last year for no real reason was a killer. That and Shea never developing and just holding the team back while the defense was elite. Now the D is a mess and still looking for a QB. IMO, I'd rather stay the course and hire a different DC and hope that McCarthy is the QB that gets things going. I don't think there is a better coach out there that is going to come in and miraculously MMGA. Give me the guy who has won everywhere, grew up in AA and played for the school. This year was always going to be a disaster having to replace 4 OL that are in the NFL, top 3 WR, most of the secondary, and breaking in a QB with 0 starts. I'm not a gambler and still have memories of Rich Rod and Hoke and how bad things can get.
I am although I don't follow Michigan recruiting quite as much as I do for Us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom