we should go full air raid | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

we should go full air raid

I mean, if we're being honest, our offense hasn't deteriorated because our talent has, its deteriorated because the system is garbage and has been exposed. There's a reason why nobody else runs what we run. Going fast isn't an offense strategy, nor is running more plays. Those are actual byproducts of efficient, offensive success, predicated upon having an actual cogent system.
One could argue change in QB and WR quality have an impact

One could argue change in QB and WR quality have an impact

One could, but they'd be wrong. ;) How do you get open when the defense knows your plays (or at least how to defend them) as well as you? There's a reason our best offense occurs when the QBs starts freelancing.

One could, but they'd be wrong. ;) How do you get open when the defense knows your plays (or at least how to defend them) as well as you? There's a reason our best offense occurs when the QBs starts freelancing.
So you're saying not having a playbook makes it hard to be successful on offense

With the transfer portal, it should be easier to recruit QB's than ever, especially if you have an air raid offense.
Yes. Just get transfers that weren't switched to other positions because they can't throw. They almost got the Shrader move right. We would be in really bad shape without him

What Utah is doing might work here. They are more runny heavy, have a QB who can run, use the TE a lot, and play good D.

What Utah is doing might work here. They are more runny heavy, have a QB who can run, use the TE a lot, and play good D.
That play good D part at the end is really Whittingham's anchor. He does a particularly great job developing the defensive line.

Utah on offense is in good shape now, but it's been a rough road to get there. They churned OCs and starting QBs for years. Heck, this year they brought in a hot shot transfer QB that flamed out. Their starter now, Rising, was a transfer from Texas a few seasons back.

That play good D part at the end is really Whittingham's anchor. He does a particularly great job developing the defensive line.

Utah on offense is in good shape now, but it's been a rough road to get there. They churned OCs and starting QBs for years. Heck, this year they brought in a hot shot transfer QB that flamed out. Their starter now, Rising, was a transfer from Texas a few seasons back.
It is a winning formula for them that I think we can replicate. I would love to be Okie State here but can’t see that happening.

I
It is a winning formula for them that I think we can replicate. I would love to be Okie State here but can’t see that happening.
It works in part because they've spent decades cultivating a pipeline of talent to the Pacific islands that predates his arrival in 2004.

…… we aren’t an air raid school, didn’t work out for usc, ain’t working for us. I’d like to see a scheme like coastal or wake that’s unique enough to scheme our guys to a win . Until we start stringing some winning seasons or hire a recruiting guru we ain’t going anywhere from this pedestal. You want a quick fix ? Hit the portal hard and it seems everyone’s abandoned combing the juco ranks .

I wanted babers over all the other candidates and it became a joke about leach but I still prefer the old fashioned air raid.

we are 119th in passer rating
last year 119th
63rd in 2019 (big asterisk about any passer rating with devito taking terrible sacks instead of an incompletion that would hurt his passer rating)
77th in 18
104th in 17
50th in 16

it continues to be so stupid that the only real program with a dome can't find anyone to throw in it

kent state was 2nd last year
19th the year before that

what does roy wittke think about all this?
We ran our passing QB out of town

Hough as a Csonka-like fullback, Tucker as a Little-like halfback, someone like Lutz as a Couglin-like runner/receiver and a quarterback who can throw the ball. Jess sayin'

bf2b48e9e5654b3fcf5ba29320cb47ed-original.jpg
Scissors !!

We ran our passing QB out of town
by giving him a million terrible starts before gasp playing someone else?

okeedoke

i'd refer to you his consistently terrible stats but i don't expect you to care

…… we aren’t an air raid school, didn’t work out for usc, ain’t working for us. I’d like to see a scheme like coastal or wake that’s unique enough to scheme our guys to a win . Until we start stringing some winning seasons or hire a recruiting guru we ain’t going anywhere from this pedestal. You want a quick fix ? Hit the portal hard and it seems everyone’s abandoned combing the juco ranks .
so much handwaving

i especially love the combination of oh no we can't do that, let's pick a scheme that scheme's wins against teams who have schemes that don't scheme wins

i have stopped bothering with watching games, you can just go to the schemeometer and see who has the schemiest of the schemies.

Whether it's the air raid or something else, SU has gotta be able to pass the ball to win consistently.

We have a Heisman caliber RB and can't make a bowl because of the QB play

so much handwaving

i especially love the combination of oh no we can't do that, let's pick a scheme that scheme's wins against teams who have schemes that don't scheme wins

i have stopped bothering with watching games, you can just go to the schemeometer and see who has the schemiest of the schemies.

That’s alotta bravado for a comment on why we should go of all things full air raid lmao … the literal point of this entire thread is about scheme .. ya dumb dumb