We talkin' DECIBELS man, DECIBELS! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

We talkin' DECIBELS man, DECIBELS!

Could you imagine the mainstream media and all the factory school fan bases like Ohio state, Penn state and all of the sec reactions. There brains would short circuit. They would prolly pass new laws to prevent it from ever happening again lol.
Id sacrifice my ears for a natty
Shows where my brain is... I thought you were willing to trade your ears for a natty... Natty Boh. Your trade makes much more sense!!

600967.jpg

I’ll trade the WR for 3or 4 false starts .

I brought one in for Purdue. Had a reading of 116 sometime during the 3rd quarter. Sort of forgot about it during the 4th when it was louder.

If anyone buys one to bring it in, just throw it in your wife’s clear bag and you won’t have an issue bringing it in.
i downloaded a decibel reading app on my phone. Barely remember to use it and, of course, have to miss this game when I would remember use it for certain. Not sure how accurate it is but during the Purdue game got a 115 reading up in nosebleeds.

I’m assuming a Db reader has to be certified or something in order to make an entry valid for record purposes. It’s worth looking into.
That may be correct. For $20 they are guaranteed to be within 1.5 db. I doubt any schools claiming a # in the top 10, were certified. Bragging rights still remain.

The previous indoor guiness record of 126db was "claimed" by Sacremento. The 130.4? Guiness was there(I wrongly claimed 132 previously). Not saying we can beat that, but do you think 50,000 fans in the Dome is louder than 16000 fans in Allen field house? LOL. I sure do.

Guiness also said its terribly difficult to accuratey measure over 126. if we somehow measured over 130? (Sideline reporter said 140?) Close enough.

Same thing Southern teams used to say about pre AC dome heat. "It's hot here, won't effect us" followed by first half cramping of said teams players
Clemson fans after 19, on Tigernet. "Loudest place they've ever been." I measured 119db for team entrance. Since when is that the loudest a football game gets? NEVER? For that stinker, it was.

Apple Watch is fairly accurate as a sound meter.
Often, over 100db a phones mic can't handle it. They just clip. Some do "claim" to go to 130db, but thats a suspect claim, imo. An SPL meter will have a wider diaphragm mic, to more accurately measure the FORCE put on it. About $20.

Here are some accuracy graphs. Better than nothing, for sure. Grab it on a db (SPL) meter and its MUCH harder to refute. The ones that claim accuracy within 1.5db? Are WAY more accurate than that. Its a safety device, and having some lee way protects the manufacturer.

Figure-1-.png

from this it seems they are off by 1-8 dbs which is about all we are trying to see.. But are any of these sounds really loud for any sustained time? Nightclub music?

If i turn on my phone and see 120, I guess we know its pretty loud whether its 115 or 125..

Sure we could all do the prime thing and send them back.. Make the analytic guys wonder what the sudden rush on Sound meters was.

I'm afraid Mink used an app for this one. ON an actual meter, GUARANTEED to be within 1.5db, I measured 119 before the game even started. Many apps don't work over 100.

Either way be LOUD! (And hopefully a few people bring a capable meter)

Be LOUD!!!! We have a huge homefield advantage!

Call it hyperbole, but it was well-known how loud the dome got. Here in 1998 about five seconds after this clip starts, the announcer says "and about 150 decibels to deal with."

If SU plays well this weekend, the roof might just blow up.

loudest game ever at dome was tennesse imho

It would be cool to have a decibel meter on the scoreboard.
Yep... what you measure, is what you get.

Also, it doesn't matter if it's accurate - just so a graphic and make it up. Either way, the crowd (and drunkards in attendance) will get even more fired up.

Seriously though, spend the $20-30 on good decibel-reducing hifi earplugs. It's worth it.

Yep... what you measure, is what you get.

Also, it doesn't matter if it's accurate - just so a graphic and make it up. Either way, the crowd (and drunkards in attendance) will get even more fired up.
Other than an app(cant measure this high with any accuracy) , a $20 meter is damn close. (Within 1.5) If I was running the scoreboard? I'd use conference commando's widely accepted dB rankings. I've measured the 7th loudest ever recorded, in a stinker of a game.

Posting up a 6th, 5th, 4th loudest EVER recorded on the scoreboard? YES PLEASE. Challenge the fans to beat the next loudest. Because we CAN.

forget ear plugs

Make sure that you have your ticket loaded on your phone wallet today because it’s going to be an absolute HOT MESS tomorrow with service
Yup. Apple wallet, big bottle of water, and entering through the gate listed on the digital ticket are all absolute musts.

I tried finding that sideline reporter measuring 140db... Need the uncondensed game, i'm afraid. (Or i need to be more patient.)

Thats a Guiness World record. And not by a little. The current "record" is 8 times quieter. I have no doubt we can hit the 130's. The question is if the University will squander the opportunity, and fail to realize that fans and recruits would LOVE to know that we're the loudest stadium you will ever freakin' step in- or play in.

Should we be able the break the Guiness record for indoor? What an UTTER WASTE of an opportunity to say you are the BEST in the WORLD. Minus the $20 they'd save for a meter.

What recruit in their right mind, would want to come to Cuse knowing that THEIR effort could result in some of the loudest sounds EVER recorded on earth. No jacked up, testetone ridden beast would ever want THAT kind of power. Not a single one.

I get it. $20 is A LOT. Having someone forced to look at a meter's MAX reading from time to time- and then relay to a scoreboard operator? Its a Herculean task.
What recruit wouldn't want to have permanent hearing damage by age 22?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom