We were trending towards crap ball | Syracusefan.com

We were trending towards crap ball

swish7

All Conference
Before Fab went missing. And by crap ball, I mean the high expectations we created for ourselves this tear.

We started the season beating everybody by 20. Then we started getting up by 20 early only to "only" win by 8 or 10.

Even with fab we were starting to look mediocre. IF he comes back, there is no guarantee we will return to form.

Honestly, we should get better as the season progresses, not worse. Sure we only lost one, but come on. WVU is a bad team. And they seemed to own us everywhere but the score.

I will say that I was impressed with kjo, bt, and fair today. With the exception being bt's boneheaded TO.

WVU isnt bad and the rest of the teams are improving. This team wasnt the second coming. IF Fab comes back they have a chance to compete with anyone for a NC and that is ALL that matters.

Get to the Dance. Get a high seed. Play the games

No we weren't. In the three games right before we lost fab, we won by 13, 13 , and 8. That is not crap ball. We are 10 pts better than anyone in the league.

WVU isnt bad and the rest of the teams are improving. This team wasnt the second coming. IF Fab comes back they have a chance to compete with anyone for a NC and that is ALL that matters.

Get to the Dance. Get a high seed. Play the games

Wvu is bad. They got blown out in the game prior.

Give me a break. They are not bad. They played a bad game. Just like we did at ND. WVU has been one of the most solid BE teams all year, especially out of conference.

the realization you have not come to is that the vast majority of college ball is mediocre. we just need to be a little bit better than that.

the realization you have not come to is that the vast majority of college ball is mediocre. we just need to be a little bit better than that.

This.
Is anyone else watching college basketball? Theres no "super-team" out there & at one time or another, EVERYONE has looked like crap. The key is to be trending upwards when the post-season starts.
I'd rather be playing badly & still winning in January- with still enough time to steady the ship by March.
Folks need to relax- we have a TOUGH sled coming & some losses will be had. Whats the mystery? :noidea:

Before Fab went missing. And by crap ball, I mean the high expectations we created for ourselves this tear.

We started the season beating everybody by 20. Then we started getting up by 20 early only to "only" win by 8 or 10.

Even with fab we were starting to look mediocre. IF he comes back, there is no guarantee we will return to form.

Honestly, we should get better as the season progresses, not worse. Sure we only lost one, but come on. WVU is a bad team. And they seemed to own us everywhere but the score.

I will say that I was impressed with kjo, bt, and fair today. With the exception being bt's boneheaded TO.

Were you really expecting Syracuse to blow teams out by 20 through the entire Big East schedule? If so, I would say that your expectations are way out of whack and borderline delusional. Every Big East win is a good win.

Nah, this is not a bad team. They have a top 10 player in Jones and I would not be surprised if they made the sweet 16. This was a good win, especially without Fab.

No we weren't. In the three games right before we lost fab, we won by 13, 13 , and 8. That is not crap ball. We are 10 pts better than anyone in the league.

It was actually 13, 23, and 8. And they were against teams ranked, respectively, 16th, 13th, and 15th in the Big East at the moment.

Look at the banner up above...there are going to be close games. What separates the "crap"teams from the championship teams are wins. Wins my friends are what we are collecting. It may not always be pretty but we are winning.

I want to second that, and multiply it when talking about the Big East compared to the Big East of recent memory. I don't think (m)any of us have much of an idea how we'd do against any top notch teams, being we haven't played any.

We were rolling with Melo clicking on all cylinders all over the floor and everyone was getting better.

Now we have major chemistry issues we are trying to fix instead of trying to get our 7th 8th 9th and 10th men better.
Now we run all our offense through are guards and KJo.

Triche and KJo had half our points combined today. 31.

With Melo we were scoring in the mid 70's we have been in the 60's since. We were headed for the high 70's and maybe even the early 80's come march. Melo needs to get back ASAP so we can try to get back there.

Huge difference. Melo needs to hustle it up and the university needs to help him do o. Our groth will be quicker when melo gets back and it is going to take a game or two just to get used to him we are wasting precious growing minutes.

I think the word is inconsistent more than "bad". They can play badly or they can play well. It's a disease running rampant in the Big East this year.

With Melo we were scoring in the mid 70's we have been in the 60's since. We were headed for the high 70's and maybe even the early 80's come march. Melo needs to get back ASAP so we can try to get back there.
There's no denying we're having some recent issues shooting and rebounding, but IMO the low scores the last few games are just as much a reflection of opposing teams milking the shot clock to intentionally keep the score low.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom