We will beat Pitt. | Syracusefan.com

We will beat Pitt.

Favorite Seinfeld Character

• Total voters
They are a great offensive rebounding team, which isn't a good thing with our thin front line. If we defensive rebound, we win. If we don't, we'll have walkons playing at the end of the game.

Pitt not a good free throw shooting team, and CJ will be a mtachup problem. Go cuse

This is going to be a VERY difficult game emotionally. We are very thin now. Walk-ons will have to actually contribute. This is getting to the point that a serious slide is possible. If we win this game at the Pete, we are still a pretty damn good team. I think if we win this game, it will be Triche.

This is going to be a VERY difficult game emotionally. We are very thin now. Walk-ons will have to actually contribute. This is getting to the point that a serious slide is possible. If we win this game at the Pete, we are still a pretty damn good team. I think if we win this game, it will be Triche.
If the walk ons have to contribute than we are in for a long day,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's an upset if we win Saturday according to vegas

They are a great offensive rebounding team, which isn't a good thing with our thin front line. If we defensive rebound, we win. If we don't, we'll have walkons playing at the end of the game.

Pretty much agree. Definitely a winnable game, if we execute. If we allow them to play volleyball on the offensive boards, or if we allow some clown on their team to go wild from three--which seems to happen often--we'll struggle.

Interior defense is going to be key--can't let them carve up the zone with slick inside passing, which is where they've torched us in the past, either.

Let's Go Orange!!!

Are you predicting that they will get the opportunity? IMO - JB won't play one of these walk-ons unless we foul out three guys.

Do all the walk-ons travel, or will we just select the top couple to come along?

Hey great thread, no doubt. But have you noticed it's the Georges by a landslide? 5-0 and counting.
Now, only if Little Jerry Seinfeld was an option.
The_little_jerry.jpg

Are you predicting that they will get the opportunity? IMO - JB won't play one of these walk-ons unless we foul out three guys.

Do all the walk-ons travel, or will we just select the top couple to come along?
agreed. Percentage chance any walk-on sees the floor, anyone? I say 10%.

Pitt not a good free throw shooting team, and CJ will be a mtachup problem. Go cuse
Nightmares of the game they fell behind 17-0, but came back to tie it only to eventually lose. If they start like they did at Villanova, it could be a repeat. But I think they will be fine, handle the little overrated PG with the long zone and boil it down to the rebounds. I think we miss DaJuan for this game more than any other this year.

Nightmares of the game they fell behind 17-0, but came back to tie it only to eventually lose.

It was actually 19-0 and then we scored 17 straight. That game was bizarre.

It's an upset if we win Saturday according to vegas

I was hoping we would be slight favorite. When the home unranked team is favored over a ranked team it usually spells doom for the ranked team. Butler and Missouri recently.

I was hoping we would be slight favorite. When the home unranked team is favored over a ranked team it usually spells doom for the ranked team. Butler and Missouri recently.

I would assume that when a less informed bettor looks at the game, they see Syracuse already playing without its 6th man who is also a top scoring option. Then they see it losing its starting center to a knee injury and assume that we are very depleted. While they would be right in that our depth has taken a huge hit, we have played a couple of games without James now and it is a crapshoot as to whether DCII would get more than 3 minutes in the game anyway. I would think that this is not a game that I would bet on, if I were a gambler.

What's the line? Pomeroy has -4 for Pitt; I'd expect it to be a little higher because we don't have James. maybe 5 or 5.5?

Edit: I'm pretty sure Pitt was going to be favored even if we were at full strength. Pitt is a team the computers like, and Vegas usually matches up pretty well with systems like Pomeroy.

I predict Burr will be a referee,, and Raf and Baye will be in foul trouble within the first 10 minutes, with at least 3 phantom calls by Burr.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom