We win when we play horrible | Syracusefan.com

We win when we play horrible

Rocco

Watching you.
That is what is so amazing about this team. Our D has the ability to completely take over a game. Ennis and Cooney combined for 9 steals at the top of that zone.

JB's got himself another good one. We give teams fits towards the end of games.

JERAMI-GRANT.gif

That is what is so amazing about this team. Our D has the ability to completely take over a game. Ennis and Cooney combined for 9 steals at the top of that zone.

JB's got himself another good one. We give teams fits towards the end of games.
I wouldn't say we played horrible

Our offense was bad in the 1st half except for a few fast break dunks. Ennis looked lost and CJ was swallowed.

AZOrange said:

We did not play horrible. Struggled on offense but it wasnt horrible. Scored in other ways. Turnovers into buckets and offensive rebounds. Just find a way to win and we did

Okay, here's a question...one that I genuinely don't have an answer for...is this game the anomaly or is it the Villanova game? It seems like we've had more games like this one recently than the Nova game where we were firing on all cylinders. Maybe what we got tonight is closer to our offensive baseline and Nova was closer to what we're like on exceptional occasions? (Maui we can toss out altogether; we really haven't been that good offensively since).

No complaints. We're winning. But offensively, there are some problems.

Ya know, we may have offensive problems all the way to the championship game!

We did not play horrible. Struggled on offense but it wasnt horrible. Scored in other ways. Turnovers into buckets and offensive rebounds. Just find a way to win and we did

I consider our 1st half offense as horrible from Syracuse standards. Besides the fast-break dunks, we didn't do too much and looked lost and lazy. Our defense got us back in the game in the 2nd half. Held them without a FG for 10 minutes in the later 2nd half and that allowed us to get back in transition and in our comfort zone.

I dont think we played totally horrible, Lets say we were mediocore. Your going to get challenged at some point in a game, when a team hits an unsustainable amount of 3's for a good chunk of the game. They eventually had to miss - but to be fair, part of the issue was we were not challenging some of those shots enough.

Reminds me of the UConn game last year, when they hit at a high rate but we were giving up way too many good looks.

Okay, here's a question...one that I genuinely don't have an answer for...is this game the anomaly or is it the Villanova game? It seems like we've had more games like this one recently than the Nova game where we were firing on all cylinders. Maybe what we got tonight is closer to our offensive baseline and Nova was closer to what we're like on exceptional occasions? (Maui we can toss out altogether; we really haven't been that good offensively since).

I can't find a pattern with this team. I can't compare it to any recent teams. And little they do makes sense in relation to other games and outcomes.

Agree that the offense has been stagnant, but the defense has seemed to improve. We also seem to make a play when we need to. We faced some adversity tonight and responded well. Honestly not sure whether this will help us or whether we are playing with fire. Regardless, I thought we'd be a borderline top 15 team (blue blood problems), and I love this team for being just a little bit different than the typical Cuse team.

This is where I stand.

Nice to be winning, but this team has played a lot of mediocre basketball in two weeks. We've got a high ceiling, but it would be good to start seeing some problems cleaned up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom