Weather: be very thankful | Syracusefan.com

Weather: be very thankful

Zippy1808

2nd String
Buzz from the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill area is that a few inches of snow is threatening tomorrow's UNC-Duke game. As we all know by now, a few inches down there is like 35 inches in Syracuse.

Word is they will play the game, fans not withstanding, if the teams and officials are there (and Duke is traveling all of 8 miles). Still, there may be thousands of empty seats (and wasted expensive tickets)

Anyway, I'm personally thankful that weather never once threatened our game with Duke. Not for people already in CNY - we know it would have taken A LOT - but for people like myself who traveled for a far distance. It would have been really lousy if many thousand people would have had to stay away because of snow/closed roads/or worse.

I know this is a trivial matter at its core, but I'm still thankful that our game went off without a weather hitch.

Buzz from the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill area is that a few inches of snow is threatening tomorrow's UNC-Duke game. As we all know by now, a few inches down there is like 35 inches in Syracuse.

A lot of people in North Carolina are blaming the snow and cold weather on Syracuse joining the ACC.

Let's be accurate. Syracuse handles 35 inches much better than the south handles a few inches.

59 degrees in my garage, -30 outside. My truck was not a happy camper when I pulled her out
Holy jeebus bro, that's an 89 degree swing! You really are a trooper.

Word is they will play the game, fans not withstanding, if the teams and officials are there (and Duke is traveling all of 8 miles). Still, there may be thousands of empty seats (and wasted expensive tickets)

Pussies.

Let's be accurate. Syracuse handles 35 inches much better than the south handles a few inches.

TWSS.jpg

It's going to be brutal these next few days down south. Atl will probably be shut down until the weekend.

Yup. I live in Atlanta now, and all of the schools (and many businesses) are closed today even though it's just been raining all day. The issue is that the forecast has been calling for freezing rain/sleet/snow, which looks like it will now hit late tonight and early tomorrow morning. The city is going to do everything they can to prevent the debacle we had a couple of weeks ago when the last winter storm hit and the city looked like the apocalypse had arrived. I haven't seen any announcements about tomorrow yet, but I'm sure the city will be shut down again. Possibly even Thursday too if the temps don't get above freezing by Thursday morning.

Yup. I live in Atlanta now, and all of the schools (and many businesses) are closed today even though it's just been raining all day. The issue is that the forecast has been calling for freezing rain/sleet/snow, which looks like it will now hit late tonight and early tomorrow morning. The city is going to do everything they can to prevent the debacle we had a couple of weeks ago when the last winter storm hit and the city looked like the apocalypse had arrived. I haven't seen any announcements about tomorrow yet, but I'm sure the city will be shut down again. Possibly even Thursday too if the temps don't get above freezing by Thursday morning.
It stopped snowing now, as was forecasted, but we already got a couple inches today up in North GA and tomorrow is supposed to be crazy so well see. I'd rather get 6-10 inches of snow than an inch of ice.

It stopped snowing now, as was forecasted, but we already got a couple inches today up in North GA and tomorrow is supposed to be crazy so well see. I'd rather get 6-10 inches of snow than an inch of ice.
Tomorrow WILL be crazy for ATL and esp. north/northeast GA. Indeed, snow is much better than ice. You'll be on the national news for sure.

No kidding. I'm hoping we don't lose power due to the ice, especially since we've got a huge game tomorrow!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom