Wednesday Articles | Syracusefan.com

Wednesday Articles

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
11691259-large.jpeg

Jeremiah Kobena was a full go in all phases of practice today

Syracuse football team's subtle shift up front helps defensive line take charge in trenches

Syracuse takes on USF at Raymond James Stadium this Saturday

Bulls face challenge of veteran quarterback

USF Bulls notes: Team eager to play before home crowd

Syracuse football game at South Florida will be carried live on Time-Warner

Syracuse Orange at South Florida Bulls: Preview, prediction, TV info

25 Years Ago Today: Syracuse football crushes Colgate

Syracuse finds balanced attack at critical time

11749358-large.jpeg

Adonis Ameen-Moore exits lineup with a lower-body injury

A former vice chancellor instrumental in helping build the Carrier Dome passed away

Rating Syracuse's chances of making a bowl

FYI

Nolan Weidner will have a Q & A today at Noon

Recruiting

IMG_7158-web.jpg

Syracuse Football offers scholarship to West Genesee's Naesean Howard

Former Players

Panthers claim LB Hogue

SafetySteve Gregory feeling “good” but still not sure if he'll be ready come ...

London game brings back memories for Steve Gregory

SU Alum

Al Davis Would Have Coached At Penn State If The Weather Weren't ...

Big East News

images

Famous Idaho Potato Bowl in talks with Big East, Mountain West and ...

Football Travels To Louisville For 52nd Battle For Keg Of Nails

Jurich, Aresco relish Big East football challenges

Rutgers knows Mid-American Conference teams are no pushovers

ESPN grabs U of L-Cincinnati

UCF can compete for C-USA title now, but what about Big East title ...

Big East Heisman Watch: Week 9

Ped State

Sandusky transferred to state prison system

Victim calls Sandusky 'monster' in book revealing

Review: Jerry Sandusky Victim 1's book dives into politics of ...

Police Blotter

bilde

Michigan RB Toussaint sentenced in DUI case

Around The Nation

Who's Hot & Who's Not for Week 9

NCAA appeal should make UCF bowl eligible

Pop Warner

Pop Warner suspends coaches, officials following 5-concussion game in Mass

Blogs

USF Football First Look: USF Bulls vs. Syracuse Orange

Want To Be A Sports Reporter For The Post-Standard? Now's Your ...

Allen and Edwards Dominate on the Ground in an Undefeated Week ...

Syracuse vs. USF: TV, Times, Odds & More

Jeremiah Kobena “Appears To Be A Lock” This Weekend

Taking A Look At The Syracuse-South Florida Series

Syracuse vs. USF: Oh Skip, It Could Have Been Us Wanting To Fire .

Would it ever be feasible for SU to have a bowl game at the Dome? Just trying to think of ways to add some cash to the football kitty and if it could ever become profitable hey, a hundred thousand bucks or more is always a good thing and it would be nice for the area merchants as well.

Would it ever be feasible for SU to have a bowl game at the Dome? Just trying to think of ways to add some cash to the football kitty and if it could ever become profitable hey, a hundred thousand bucks or more is always a good thing and it would be nice for the area merchants as well.
This has been brought up before garnering mostly negative reaction.

The bottom line being most people want to travel to warm weather climates to watch bowl games.

The Toronto Bowl didn't last long.

The Pin Stripe Bowl broke the mold again, but there are so many more things to do in NYC than Syracuse.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to see a bowl game in Syracuse but how many natives would go watch two Mac level type teams for which they would have no rooting interest, play?

True and all good points but but this is why a fast train to NYC/Niagara Falls would be nice as well, be part of a voucher with the area merchants setting up some shops on the train to nyc/NFalls/Adirondacks and thus being ny's college team.

Toronto is so spread out (I know I'm suggesting travel regarding SU as well) plus the stupid passport rules. Beautiful city but not like Montreal (Canada wise) or NYC.

True and all good points but but this is why a fast train to NYC/Niagara Falls would be nice as well, be part of a voucher with the area merchants setting up some shops on the train to nyc/NFalls/Adirondacks and thus being ny's college team.

Toronto is so spread out (I know I'm suggesting travel regarding SU as well) plus the stupid passport rules. Beautiful city but not like Montreal (Canada wise) or NYC.
Don't forget we have the Turning Stone who could partner with SU and offer things for travelers to do besides losing their shirts.

Don't forget we have the Turning Stone who could partner with SU and offer things for travelers to do besides losing their shirts.

Losing your shirt in Syracuse in December is not one the best ideas you've ever had. ;)

I just think there really is potential to do this, heck we have a dome use our asset to its fullest.

Having a bowl game at the Dome might prevent the basketball team from playing there for nearly a week. I assume bowls require use of the stadium for a few days leading up to the game. And there would have to be a new field installed. Might be difficult.

Having a bowl game at the Dome might prevent the basketball team from playing there for nearly a week. I assume bowls require use of the stadium for a few days leading up to the game. And there would have to be a new field installed. Might be difficult.

This is why god gave us MSG! Good points and I was wondering how this would effect the basketball teams. Make it part of the Dome Bowl package.

We need to work on getting the Pinstripe Bowl for the ACC. At best the Carrier Dome Bowl would be an ACC#10 versus a MAC #4...for ACC teams it would be a punishment.

SU football gets 20k
the return of Melo got 8k.

a bowl in the Dome would get 2k...maybe.

This has been brought up before garnering mostly negative reaction.

The bottom line being most people want to travel to warm weather climates to watch bowl games.

The Toronto Bowl didn't last long.

The Pin Stripe Bowl broke the mold again, but there are so many more things to do in NYC than Syracuse.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to see a bowl game in Syracuse but how many natives would go watch two Mac level type teams for which they would have no rooting interest, play?

Not to pile on, but I agree--sounds like a smaller version of the Cherry Bowl.