Wednesday Articles | Syracusefan.com

Wednesday Articles

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
431323.jpg

Orange Insider - Wake Forest at Syracuse: SU has to do better at home in the Dome

Wake Forest-Syracuse Preview

Syracuse vs. Wake Forest Preview

Time Warner to air Syracuse University football opener against ...

Syracuse University officials expect Dome crowd to top 40000 for football opener

Syracuse football fans: Join Nolan Weidner for an online Q&A at 12 ...

Antwon+Bailey+Syracuse+v+Cincinnati+CLe00TgUIuKl.jpg

Syracuse University football tailback Antwon Bailey's days as a changeup are over

Coaching 'em up: Syracuse

Alex Kinal comes from land Down Under to punt at Wake Forest

Air ball a good thing for Deacons

Upbeat Grobe Points to the Positives

Wake Forest head coach Jim Grobe previews Syracuse vs Wake Forest

images
images

Battle of Mr. Nice Guys includes Wake Forest coach Grobe

Deacons show good signs of comeback

FB | Searching for success: Former SU assistant Russ struggles ...

Former Syracuse University defensive coordinator Russ rolling up sleeves at Wake Forest

Wake Forest Site

generate.php

SU Fans: Important Parking Detail for Opener vs. Wake

SU offers parking details for home opener

Advice for Syracuse University football opener: Arrive early and heed parking warnings

Orange Open 2011 Against Wake Forest

San Jose St & SU are tied

Syracuse football links: Top recruit Jarron Jones gives verbal ...

Videos

Orange seeking Dome-field advantage

Floyd Litte on the hiring of Doug Marrone

Alex Kinal punting

ML on SU's 3 keys to bowling.

Demon Deacons Eager for Dome Debut

Gambling Sites

Syracuse vs. Wake Forest Odds and Free Picks

College Football Handicapping: Wake Forest Demon Deacons at ...

Future OOC Opponent

USC season at a glance

Future Orangeman?

bilde

That's Tashon Whitehurst on the left he pledged to SU in early July but is checking out other schools namely, NC St, Marshall and Iowa State. I think our staff starting tomorrow needs to re-recruit him. That's JMO.

Here is a report on his first game:

Whitehurst sets the tone

Linebacker Tashon Whitehurst (Gainesville, Fla./Gainesville) set the tone for a dominating effort by his team against Dr. Phillips (Orlando, Fla.) last week.

The 6-2, 185-pound linebacker was part of an effort that held Boise State commit Nick Patti to 9-of-32 passing.

"We did a good job, as a team, on them," Whitehurst said. "They didn't get much at all against us."

This week the test gets harder when Whitehurst will face Yulee and their 6-3, 230-pound running back Derrick Henry. The rising junior has already committed to Georgia.

"I've seen him before, he's big and he's a great player," Whitehurst said. "But that's football in Florida. Every week it's going to be someone good and you just have to figure out a way to stop them."

Whitehurst committed to Syracuse nearly two months ago but the linebacker said he will take visits to the other schools that have offered him.

"I'm going to be taking officials to NC State, Marshall and Iowa State," Whitehurst added. "I haven't set all the dates yet but those schools recruited [me] pretty hard so I want to check them out."

Whitehurst said he'll also take an official visit to Syracuse for a game and possibly again after the season.
ESPN

Tashon on You Tube

Former Players

sfb_090421_fo_middleton.jpg

The Dukes are still searching for a legitimate pass rusher. Defensive ends D.J. Bryant and Lamar Middleton led James Madison with 2.5 sacks each last season, which helps to explain the team’s No. 85 national ranking in sacks (1.36 per game).
Scout

Flash Back: Lamar Middleton quits SU football

Syracuse University legends Joe Ehrmann, Roy Simmons Jr. at Syracuse Stage tonight

Around The Big East

Big East: Five big games

Big East in nonconference play

Pittsburgh not looking past Buffalo in season opener

Hurricane Irene leads UConn to postpone game

Eric LeGrand could work as guest football analyst on SNY

Around The Nation

john-tumilson-hawkeye.jpg

Navy SEAL's dog may play role in Iowa tribute

NCAA suspends 8 Miami players

Miami can still be a contender

Tell us: Did you think the Miami punishment was fair?

Sporting News AA Team

It's still the same game to Robbie Frey

Source: Broken bones for LSU brawl victims

Ohio St. QB Bauserman gets starting nod

Ohio St. plans widespread compliance program

High School

Fort Ham gridders look to 'New Bam'

Blogs

Syracuse Football: Get To Know Your Orange Man - #92 Riley Dixon

Syracuse Football: Get To Know Your Orange Man - #94 Daniel ...

Syracuse Football: Get To Know Your Orange Man - #97 Macauley Hill

POLL: The Quest For Beef, Belk Or Pinstripe?

Syracuse vs. Wake Forest: Where Are We Watching?

Syracuse Vs. Wake Forest: New Starters Ready To Make Their Mark

College Football: Power Ranking the Big East Conference

Syracuse Football: Get To Know Your Orange Man - #70 Jesse Wolf-Gould

Syracuse vs. Wake Forest: A Home Win Would Be Nice

Syracuse vs. Wake Forest: AttendanceWatch 2011

Around Town

Alec Baldwin to help mom at NY State Fair booth today

About the Hill kid, all of this is second hand info, but his father goes to my church and I was told that he was getting snaps at LB and not WR. Was told he was a preferred walk on. Surprised, looking at his stats and not sure if even played LB in HS, but just thought I would share.

About the Hill kid, all of this is second hand info, but his father goes to my church and I was told that he was getting snaps at LB and not WR. Was told he was a preferred walk on. Surprised, looking at his stats and not sure if even played LB in HS, but just thought I would share.

He's listed at receiver on SUA, although we all know that that site can be less than reliable.

Certainly not going to say it sounds "strange" given the fact that walk-ons will play wherever a warm body is needed... but in that highlight reel he made some tough catches, executed the fade and worked the sidelines very well, and even flashed some straight-line speed a couple times. All while never playing HS football before his senior year????!!! We are deep in young receivers, but I am sure going to be watching this guy.

Certainly not going to say it sounds "strange" given the fact that walk-ons will play wherever a warm body is needed... but in that highlight reel he made some tough catches, executed the fade and worked the sidelines very well, and even flashed some straight-line speed a couple times. All while never playing HS football before his senior year????!!! We are deep in young receivers, but I am sure going to be watching this guy.

The fact that he only played one year of organized ball and caught 14 TDs is really intriguing. It seems like this crop of walk-ons (Hill, Wolf-Gould, Burke especially) have a ton of potential to be real players.

Im not a fan of committed players talkin to other schools

Me neither, but we are talking about a the new age in recruiting teenagers. The word committed obviously doesn't mean what it used to. I can understand a kid changing his mind, but actively looking around all year is hardly the definition of committed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom