3 - Freeman
4 - Brown
5 - Portal

6 - Bell
7 - Westry
8 - McLeod
9 - Moore
10 - Cuffe

Would love to have another forward that can be a Kris Joseph type, but I think they're hoping Bell can develop his game a little bit more. Hope he can.
That is why I said awhile back that Bell is going to be the one who will decide if he starts or sits. It boils down to how much effort he is willing to put into improving the things the coaches have told him he needs to do.

He is a good enough athlete to make that jump. I just don't know if the desire and commitment is strong enough to make it happen.

That is why I said awhile back that Bell is going to be the one who will decide if he starts or sits. It boils down to how much effort he is willing to put into improving the things the coaches have told him he needs to do.

He is a good enough athlete to make that jump. I just don't know if the desire and commitment is strong enough to make it happen.
He needs to decide if he wants a shot at the NBA or not and be honest with himself. If he really wants it, that kid doesn't come out of the gym all summer. With his connections, he should be able to find games against pros that will kick his ass all summer.

My latest is there will likely be three more departures.

Hima Carey and Judah.

I believe everyone else will be back.

We’re looking in the portal for a PG and a big.
Red must be very high on our incoming freshman and Chances health if that's what he's looking for in the portal. But, on the other hand, not easy to get contributors when you're selling them on nothing more than being a backup. Appreciate the insight.

So if we are losing Hima, Q, Taylor and 2 others and bringing in Freeman, Moore and 2 portals...that leaves one open spot, right? I don't think that Red would leave an open spot on the roster.

Still think Freeman would come off the bench.
100 percent. He’s gonna play a lot but he’s still just a freshman. Bell will start if he’s returning. But there’s plenty of minutes to go around.

Last edited:
So if we are losing Hima, Q, Taylor and 2 others and bringing in Freeman, Moore and 2 portals...that leaves one open spot, right? I don't think that Red would leave an open spot on the roster.
That last open roster spot could be hard to fill. Might be a guy who really wants to be here for 1 year w no guarantees or a late recruiting add from high school, maybe a late decommit or a project. Or just leave it for a walk on to have the scholly and you have it back for the next recruiting cycle.

I hope that Carey is cleared to play and ends up in a good spot.
So Carey still can't play? Is it still concussion issues or did Carey have another injury after his concussion?

If Carey hasn't been cleared to play, it wouldn't make sense for him to enter the portal yet since no school would offer him a scholarship not knowing when or if he could play.

If Freeman comes off the bench, maybe we keep him for two years? I know, we can only look one year at a time, but it is a good thought.

Just need 1 Guard / 1 Forward / 1 Center that can ball. And we need them to be beefy. Then fill in the rest of the gaps.

Autry won’t have it as terrible as other teams out there. I’m looking at ACC teams right now trying to replace entire rosters in the portal or with guys that barely played behind the 5th year Covid kids.

Does anybody have any insight on Chance? I hope all is well for him health-wise. I was told he was special with a high basketball IQ

Does anybody have any insight on Chance? I hope all is well for him health-wise. I was told he was special with a high basketball IQ
As has every player that’s even worn a jersey here.

As we near the end of day 3 of the insanity known as the transfer portal, speculation in the Orange Nation runs rampant. Who will leave, who will stay, will we be looking for a new assistant coach? Millions of SU fans wait for the answers. So stay tuned for our next episode of "As The Otto Turns."

devo said bell and mintz are also gone

if they havent decided yet, im guessing maybe they havent declared yet to see what kinda NIL might pop up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom