Week 1: ACC Games for Sept 2-6 | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Week 1: ACC Games for Sept 2-6

I know it’s only week one but the more ACC teams I have watched this week and their performances makes me like our team even more. Obviously very early but reminiscent of our 10 win season. When we were a good team but pretty much everyone else in the ACC was down. Not saying that’s the case this year but we seem to be better than most people were thinking and quite a few of these other ACC teams might not be as good as originally thought. I like it. Obviously week one and lots of time to improve for every team but I’ll take our team right now with the performance I saw on Saturday

I know it’s only week one but the more ACC teams I have watched this week and their performances makes me like our team even more. Obviously very early but reminiscent of our 10 win season. When we were a good team but pretty much everyone else in the ACC was down. Not saying that’s the case this year but we seem to be better than most people were thinking and quite a few of these other ACC teams might not be as good as originally thought. I like it. Obviously week one and lots of time to improve for every team but I’ll take our team right now with the performance I saw on Saturday
I just want to see ACC referees are fair and square and don't try to help southern schools win when they have down years.

Our schedule is still our schedule. Miami, Clemson and North Carolina immediately disappointing does nothing for us. Louisville definitely moves into the winnable column - I’ll give you that.

We get Virginia Tech, the team that beat UNC.

NC State opened up looking like they might have one of those random good years.

FSU is looking to be finding their footing with Norvell, and may be a really good team if they figure out that QB situation.

I'm gonna wait and see on VT, their defense played great but it's easy to keep up for a game against a top 10 team week 1. FSU and Clemson I didn't expect to beat this year

We did what we needed to do in week 1, boy am I excited to see what we do in week 2. Onwards & upwards.

Just your morning reminder that the law of transitive property does not apply to football. roulette, four consecutive blacks doesn’t mean red’s more likely to hit.

Each game is its own unique set of values.

But this ain’t roulette - everyone else sucks woooooohhh

ACC has lost 13 straight non conference games against P5 opponents (per David Hale).

4 chances this weekend. At least 1 of these, probably 2 have to hit, right?

Our game
Illinois @ UVA
Pitt @ Tennessee
NC State @ Mississippi State

He didn't butcher is. John McKay said the same thing and got the same complaint.

Asked about his team's execution, McKay said I'm in favor of it.

Kelly: "I'm in favor of execution, maybe our entire team needs to be executed after tonight"

It was butchered.

I'm not offended because Brian Kelly killed a kid. I'm offended because I don't like unfunny people trying to be funny (unless it's me).

Asked about his team's execution, McKay said I'm in favor of it.

Kelly: "I'm in favor of execution, maybe our entire team needs to be executed after tonight"

It was butchered.

I'm not offended because Brian Kelly killed a kid. I'm offended because I don't like unfunny people trying to be funny (unless it's me).

The comments look the same to me.

McKay was a perpetually grouchy guy and that played well when he was winning national championships at USC, 9where he said he wasted to beat Stanford by 1,000 points), but not when he was coaching an 0-14 NFL team.

Aside from the joke that hardly anyone watching recognized, you just finished the game of the weekend - and instead of giving credit to FSU and talking about the game, you act like your team let FSU hang around with your poor execution… excuse me, but last I checked, FSU started the wrong QB and turned the ball over 3x, but yea… if only your flawless QB-led team just executed better….

ND is the most loathsome team on this planet.

If Notre Dame loses in regular season it's probably coming in this 3 game stretch. vs. Cincinnati, @VA Tech, vs. USC. Before this weekend I would have included vs UNC.

I think some the Atlantic quickly got a lot better along with us.

We might really 'need' that 4-0 start.

I don't think Clemson will struggle again until the playoffs. Ohio St and UGA making them look average doesn't mean they can't out talent everyone else.

Last edited:
Our schedule is still our schedule. Miami, Clemson and North Carolina immediately disappointing does nothing for us. Louisville definitely moves into the winnable column - I’ll give you that.

We get Virginia Tech, the team that beat UNC.

NC State opened up looking like they might have one of those random good years.

FSU is looking to be finding their footing with Norvell, and may be a really good team if they figure out that QB situation.

If we are having a good season I don't mind our run in and final 3 games after the bye. @Nc St/@Ville/Pitt are games I give us a chance in regardless of the spread and even if Pitt and NC St having big years. Ville could be completely collapsed and close to an auto W too like right at the end with Petrino. We were favored by like 28 in 2018.

Its a shame Clemson's loss wasn't a league game. Even if its not us I'd like to see someone else come out of the Atlantic now they embarrassed the conference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom