Week 1 point spreads are out | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Week 1 point spreads are out

It is pretty crazy. 2018 was our high point and their low point in the Dino era. And we stomped them, but even at that they had 23 points, over 200 yards rushing and passing.

The other 5 games against Dino, they've averaged 49 points and 595 yards. Although against White, it's been about 35 points and 400 yards. So there's that.

3 point spread seems low to me. I don't think we're going to see the carnage we've seen when we play down there, but still, they have better personnel. And while I'm excited about the new offensive coaches, this stuff usually is a work in progress, not fully baked in by game 1.

Agreed, I think to may in the fanbase are putting to much on this game and are likely to be extremely disappointed in the outcome. Dino's track records in these game as you noted is not great and despite the offensive coaching staff overhaul its still him making crucial late and in game decisions which again have a bad track record. I am hoping for a win but anyone expecting a win isn't being honest with themselves.

Agreed, I think to may in the fanbase are putting to much on this game and are likely to be extremely disappointed in the outcome. Dino's track records in these game as you noted is not great and despite the offensive coaching staff overhaul its still him making crucial late and in game decisions which again have a bad track record. I am hoping for a win but anyone expecting a win isn't being honest with themselves.
It makes me laugh because I honestly hope the game is close enough so Dino has to make some late-game decisions, track record or not. Not many Louisville games have even been competitive past halftime.

It makes me laugh because I honestly hope the game is close enough so Dino has to make some late-game decisions, track record or not. Not many Louisville games have even been competitive past halftime.

Yeah, this. 144% this.

The only exception allowed is -
IF we're romping them like we did in the Petrino coffin nail game, then it's OK to have it be not competitive past halftime.

I gave up a long time ago on being fair and analytical concerning the Orange. It kind of takes the fun out of getting amped up for a part of the year I love. Am I setting myself up for a disappointment, absolutely, but I’ll enjoy the build up. Orange 37 Cards 30.

Cards are loaded. We will need to play a great game to win this one

First game of the year, weird stuff can happen. We almost beat a very good UNC team Covid year.

No film is def a thing and affects both teams

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom