Week 4 ACC/FBS Games for Sept 22-24 | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Week 4 ACC/FBS Games for Sept 22-24

Our attendance is obviously bad but, unlike Rutty & Wake, we didn’t announce a sellout.
Is our attendance really that bad tho? I mean look at ucla and Miami there stadiums absolutely empty during games . As I watch more games I’m realizing it’s really not something totally unique to our program. What I do know is if we do build a consistent winning culture here again the place will be rocking like we want it to be.

Is our attendance really that bad tho? I mean look at ucla and Miami there stadiums absolutely empty during games . As I watch more games I’m realizing it’s really not something totally unique to our program. What I do know is if we do build a consistent winning culture here again the place will be rocking like we want it to be.
I think the difference in the Miami and UCLA situations is that they have built in competition as to why not to attend. Up here we don't have those obstacles (sun,vsans, metro in a pro city)

Because nobody cares and because unbeaten Rutgers is on their way to their first loss, Iowa just scored an offensive touchdown to lead 24-3.

Iowa's defense is leading Rutgers 14-3
Iowa's offense is leading Rutgers 10-3

It's a good thing Shady is a defensive genius, otherwise Iowa would be killing the Scarlet Knights.
I bet the over on that. Had a feeling Iowa would break out.

I bet the over on that. Had a feeling Iowa would break out.
But do you get to collect twice as both Iowa's offense and defense beat Rutgers?

More importantly, shouldn't Rutgers record have to reflect the fact that they lost to both Iowa's offense and defense in the same game? You can't get much more Rutgers than that. At least until next week when they play tOSU.

I think the difference in the Miami and UCLA situations is that they have built in competition as to why not to attend. Up here we don't have those obstacles (sun,vsans, metro in a pro city)

Yeah, Syracuse is a one horse town.

Syracuse has many distractions to compete with CFB!

1. Leaves, they won't rake themselves, you know
2. Apple picking. We all like apples and appple pie, especially at Thanksgiving and Christmas, apples won't pick themselves, you know.
3. Kids activities. Mostly kind of neat miniature funky copies of ourselves but they require lots of attention and chauffer duties. Kids can't chauffer themselves, you know.
4. Leaves, they won't rake themselves, you know.

See lots of competition and obstacles.

Also, some of us live too far away.

We’ve reached that magical time of year when Rutty begins conference play. The question isn’t “will they lose?” or even “will they get blown out?”...it’s simply “will they score a TD?” in any game against the upper half of the B1G.

I’ve said this since the start. B10 added Rutgers just so they could give the rest of the conference a fake P5 win every year if Rutgers is on their schedule. Kind of smart, bring a team in that guarantees everyone an additional P5 win.

I’ve said this since the start. B10 added Rutgers just so they could give the rest of the conference a fake P5 win every year if Rutgers is on their schedule. Kind of smart, bring a team in that guarantees everyone an additional P5 win.

Northwestern football was improving and Rutty came in and filled the vacancy perfectly.

SUNJ football : B1G
::
Fake classes : UNC

Everybody loves an easy A!

There’s been many articles the last few years (+) about declining attendance all over CFB, even the SEC. The fact we get decent crowds with how bad we’ve been for a long time, our attendance is pretty good IMO.

Kansas State loses to Tulane last week at home, this week is up by 2 touchdowns vs Oklahoma on the road.

Snoop Dogg Idk GIF by NBC
College football is comedic sometimes. 3rd and 16 and Martinez runs it like 60 yards for almost a TD. How dumb can defenses be?

weekend notes:

Lewis can coach
Good for Shaf
Jimbo can't coach
Big is overrated
Shitano takes another dump
Wouldn't trade our kicker for any other
NDSUs dynasty is better than Alabama's
Clemson and Wake are going to be tough outs
I bet Michigan State is glad they only have a 90 million buyout

weekend notes:

Lewis can coach
Good for Shaf
Jimbo can't coach
Big is overrated
Shitano takes another dump
Wouldn't trade our kicker for any other
NDSUs dynasty is better than Alabama's
Clemson and Wake are going to be tough outs
I bet Michigan State is glad they only have a 90 million buyout
Winning. Is. All. That. Matters. Still 4-0 baby.

Nobody remembers our close losses last year.

And so true on our kicker.

I think an argument can be made that immediate transfers is helping create more parity. Better guys are playing for other schools when in past years they would have been stuck or sat for a year. Now some guys will transfer from bad schools to the top ones but i think more guys just want to play. Seems like it’s helping create more parity in the 10-75 range of schools. The top 5 will stay the same.

One big reason for weak attendance for Miami and UCLA is that they play in stadiums that, with traffic, can be up to an hour away from their respective campuses. UCLA has a very large student body but not many of them are interested in making that journey to Pasadena.

Not sure we should be ridiculing other fan bases about poor attendance.
I think the point was a few of our fans were saying oh wow even Rutgers and Kansas can sell out but Syracuse fans want everything free or won't sell out. Well Rutgers didn't have close to a full stadium. Not sure Kansas did either. Sounds like Wake didn't either. Point is don't act like Syracuse is the only place not selling out.

I think the point was a few of our fans were saying oh wow even Rutgers and Kansas can sell out but Syracuse fans want everything free or won't sell out. Well Rutgers didn't have close to a full stadium. Not sure Kansas did either. Sounds like Wake didn't either. Point is don't act like Syracuse is the only place not selling out.
Never said SU was the only place not selling out. I will say I've never understood this board's strange obsession with Rutgers. Who cares what they're up to? But yeah it's true that there are plenty of places that don't sell out. College football is a religion in much of the south and midwest. Elsewhere fan interest is a bit spotty.

Last edited:
What's kind of funny is that if ND was in the ACC they would have had a good shot at a Major bowl with 3 losses. Finish in first or second (in a 1 division conference) and there's the shot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom