Week 5: ACC Games for Sept 30-Oct 2 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Week 5: ACC Games for Sept 30-Oct 2

Hoo’s hold on 30-28, Miami clanks a short FG off left goal post as time expires.

Just your average 3 hour 45 minute CFB game these days.

Hoo’s hold on 30-28, Miami clanks a short FG off left goal post as time expires.

I really thought Miami would pull it out.

No one down there cares that D'Eriq King wasn't playing

Diaz is a dead man walking

so basically if SU had built a new stadium at the fair grounds or other place not on campus and kids couldnt walk to the game.
Both NC State's and Wake's stadiums aren't directly on campus, but they're nowhere near a half hour away. The Orange Bowl wasn't close to Da U either. I think their problem is fall off in the number of people not currently connected to the University.

I really thought Miami would pull it out.

No one down there cares that D'Eriq King wasn't playing

Diaz is a dead man walking
Mendenhall should be the dead man walking. He started playing the pree-vent defense in the second half which doesn't pree-vent anything. Almost bit him in the a$$ as the Miami freshman kicker got the yips.

On the Dusty and Danny show on ESPNU radio this morning they were wondering aloud how attractive the Miami job really is.

They cited the lack of gameday atmosphere and its impact on recruiting. Focusing on how the stadium is 45 minutes from campus which hurts student attendance.

Also that Miami has always been pretty tight with the purse strings, so it's unlikely they'd ever go into a bidding war for a big name coach. I can't recall if they threw a ton of money at Golden or Richt. Golden was on his way up the ranks, but Richt was on his way down. Coker, Shannon, Diaz were all coordinator promotions.

Mendenhall should be the dead man walking. He started playing the pree-vent defense in the second half which doesn't pree-vent anything. Almost bit him in the a$$ as the Miami freshman kicker got the yips.
The defense was more and more gassed as the 2nd half went on and it seemed like a player was coming out after every play (cramps?) at the end. We've had problems with our defensive backfield for 2 years now. UNC hasn't punted against us for those 2 years and Wake didn't punt last week until the game was "over" because both of them could get passes for the 1st down when they needed it at any point in the game. The interception leading to an 18-yard TD "drive" didn't help matters any.

On the Dusty and Danny show on ESPNU radio this morning they were wondering aloud how attractive the Miami job really is.

They cited the lack of gameday atmosphere and its impact on recruiting. Focusing on how the stadium is 45 minutes from campus which hurts student attendance.

Also that Miami has always been pretty tight with the purse strings, so it's unlikely they'd ever go into a bidding war for a big name coach. I can't recall if they threw a ton of money at Golden or Richt. Golden was on his way up the ranks, but Richt was on his way down. Coker, Shannon, Diaz were all coordinator promotions.
Their board blames their last two presidents (Foote (a Hoo) and Shalala) because they raised academic standards and declared war on the "Da U" image. :rolleyes: They've all but given up on having an on-campus stadium because the City of Coral Gables won't give them the permits and will haul them into court to stop them if necessary.

Their board blames their last two presidents (Foote (a Hoo) and Shalala) because they raised academic standards and declared war on the "Da U" image. :rolleyes: They've all but given up on having an on-campus stadium because the City of Coral Gables won't give them the permits and will haul them into court to stop them if necessary.
Actually if you look at Shalala, and Cantor at syracuse, both programs tanked with them in charge. And it wasn't better academics that Cantor brought to Syracuse.

Every season, so many people completely overrate FSU and Miami. At some point, some of these clowns need to look at what keeps happening on the field, and forget about things that happened decades ago.

Every season, so many people completely overrate FSU and Miami. At some point, some of these clowns need to look at what keeps happening on the field, and forget about things that happened decades ago.
Preach

Same for a handful of other programs

They have been ranked only 5x in the last 17 seasons. Only once were they in the Top 16 and 0.0 times in the Top 10. Can't be that attractive anymore.

Just doin' our part. ;)

Preach

Same for a handful of other programs
Now. Now. Now. It is my understanding UNC and VPI have both gone undefeated for the past 10 years and are no longer considered sleeping giants. :rolleyes:

so basically if SU had built a new stadium at the fair grounds or other place not on campus and kids couldnt walk to the game.
Yea but the fairgrounds is still not a half hour drive, though I agree your stadium should be on campus it is a much better game day experience

Last edited:
Recruits come to BC! (And be ignored.) Not a single article on the BC vs Clemson game in the Boston Globe sports section today. Mens & women's college hockey sure! No BC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom