Women's Lacrosse - Week 5 Polls (3/13/17): Media #6 / Coaches #5 | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse Week 5 Polls (3/13/17): Media #6 / Coaches #5

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Cascade Women's Division I Media Poll: Colorado Enters Top Five, Louisville Enters Top 20

No. 1 Maryland (6-0) headlines this week’s Media Poll. The Terps downed Boston College, 21-13, before running past then-No. 4 Syracuse, 17-7, in week five to improve to 6-0.

No. 2 North Carolina trails; the Tar Heels are followed by No. 3 Florida. No. 4 Colorado continues its upward trend, entering the top five for the first time in program history after downing then-No. 5 Penn State, 16-11, on Sunday. The Buffs are now 7-0.

No. 5 USC rounds out the top five.

No. 7 Princeton enters the top ten for the first time this season. The Tigers handily defeated then-No. 9 Notre Dame, 14-8, on Saturday, to improve to 5-0.

No. 1 Maryland, No. 4 Colorado and No. 7 Princeton remain the lone undefeated teams in the country.

No. 15 Louisville makes the jump into the top 20 after downing then-No. 15 Duke, 11-8, on Saturday. The Cards are the only new team to enter the Media Poll this week, as James Madison falls out of the top 20 ranks.

For a full look at week five’s Media Poll click here.

C6zgLLwW0AE3qgK.jpg

Division I Coaches Poll for March 13, 2017

Undefeated Maryland (6-0) claimed the top spot in the Division I IWLCA Coaches Poll for the third week in a row, collecting all 20 first place votes. North Carolina, Florida, Southern California, and Syracuse stayed put in rounding out the top five, but last week’s results shook up the order for the rest of the top ten. Princeton (5-0) and Colorado (7-0), the only other undefeated teams in Division I, jumped up to the sixth and seventh spots in the poll, while Stony Brook (#8), Penn State (#9), and Notre Dame (#10) all slipped in the rankings after suffering losses last week. After receiving votes in last week’s poll, both Elon (#19) and Louisville (#20) jumped into the top twenty, knocking out Johns Hopkins and James Madison.

This week’s “games to watch” include match-ups between #5 Syracuse and #3 Florida, and #19 Elon at #2 North Carolina on Tuesday; #10 Notre Dame visits #15 Towson on Wednesday; Penn (#12) hosts Duke (#16) on Saturday; and Johns Hopkins (RV) pays a visit to Maryland (#1), and Northwestern (#13) travels to #2 North Carolina on Sunday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom