Week 8 ACC/FBS Games for Oct 15-19 | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Week 8 ACC/FBS Games for Oct 15-19

GA Tech already giving up, not going for it on 4th and 2 from the ND 48. Playing scared won't win you this game

GA Tech already giving up, not going for it on 4th and 2 from the ND 48. Playing scared won't win you this game
And 2 plays later ND is already back to where they would have been if they failed on 4th down. So many moron coaches out there. Thankfully Fran isn't one of them!

UCLA-Rutgers is a long and bitter rivalry. Or potentially, in the minds of the TV executives that keep reshuffling the conferences.
UCLA leads this historic, long and bitter rivalry at 1-0. TV execs need a brain or the PAC teams bargained hard for games in Piscataway.

IMG_1530.jpeg
IMG_1531.jpeg

something very interesting in Rutty-UCLA game. UCLA called a fair catch on onsides kick ground ball. I never knew the receiving team could do this. I wonder why receiving teams don’t call a fair catch on every onsides kick. Does this mean the player signaling for the fair catch can't get blown up by the kicking team? And does it mean the fair catch signaler is the only one who can receive the ball? Any rules experts or coaches out there who can shed some light on this rule? Does our team know this rule exists? It seems every team should be utilizing the fair catch on an onsides.

something very interesting in Rutty-UCLA game. UCLA called a fair catch on onsides kick ground ball. I never knew the receiving team could do this. I wonder why receiving teams don’t call a fair catch on every onsides kick. Does this mean the player signaling for the fair catch can't get blown up by the kicking team? And does it mean the fair catch signaler is the only one who can receive the ball? Any rules experts or coaches out there who can shed some light on this rule? Does our team know this rule exists? It seems every team should be utilizing the fair catch on an onsides.
Im not sure I see how calling for a fair catch would be helpful. The player still has to secure the ball, and if they bobble it the defender can still grab it.

This rule came into play in the ECU-Army game. ECU went for an onsides kick and Army grabbed it and took it to the 15. But it was called back because the return man called for a fair catch.

HOW IN GOD’S NAME IS MICHIGAN #24 AT 4-2?!! JESUS, MARY AND JOSEPH!
How in hell did they not bring in a transfer QB? I know Harbaugh bailing late didn’t help things for them, but they are freaking Michigan. Kurtis Rourke wouldn’t have gone there if they pushed for him?

Couple of good losses today for Cuse. Might move up in the others receiving votes category during the bye week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom