Week 8 ACC/FBS Games for Oct 15-19 | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Week 8 ACC/FBS Games for Oct 15-19

Are we pulling for Miami or Louisville today? Which would be better for us in terms of climbing ACC standings?

It seems if Miami loses that helps us with an undefeated team getting a conf loss but if L'ville loses that hands them their second ACC loss. Thoughts?
I think we want Miami, but I believe I hate Miami more than Louisville, so that’s hard to say. I am still surprised by the total lack of respect we are getting from all this media. The narrative is if Miami wins they’re in the ACC Championship with a manageable remaining schedule. Even says they have like an 85% chance of beating us, more likely than GTech, who WE beat. Meanwhile, Pitt is being mentioned as giant killers because they beat Miami once, and Clemson once both like 5 seasons ago or more. We need to beat Pitt!

I think we want Miami, but I believe I hate Miami more than Louisville, so that’s hard to say. I am still surprised by the total lack of respect we are getting from all this media. The narrative is if Miami wins they’re in the ACC Championship with a manageable remaining schedule. Even says they have like an 85% chance of beating us, more likely than GTech, who WE beat. Meanwhile, Pitt is being mentioned as giant killers because they beat Miami once, and Clemson once both like 5 seasons ago or more. We need to beat Pitt!

Yep this broadcast went through their remaining schedule and was talking about how Miami needed style points because it's so weak and they're obviously going to win out.

Are we pulling for Miami or Louisville today? Which would be better for us in terms of climbing ACC standings?

It seems if Miami loses that helps us with an undefeated team getting a conf loss but if L'ville loses that hands them their second ACC loss. Thoughts?
I want us to beat an undefeated Miami.

Miami has a great offense, but their defense is suspect. I think we’ll be able to score on them. Hope we can stop them just enough.

Last edited:
Truth is we haven’t beaten anyone yet and lost to a bad Stanford team. Beat Pitt and the narrative changes.

We don’t play Lville, so we can’t control their destiny. Would rather see them get knocked out with a second ACC loss. Then, with Orange gods on our side, we run the table and beat undefeated Miami in the Dome and the roof pops off.

Unlikely, of course, but one game at a time. For now I’d be satisfied with a win over Narduzzi and Pitt, so we can shut down all that Pitt talk while also securing bowl eligibility. Pitt is the biggest game we’ve played in a long time.

Truth is we haven’t beaten anyone yet and lost to a bad Stanford team. Beat Pitt and the narrative changes.

We don’t play Lville, so we can’t control their destiny. Would rather see them get knocked out with a second ACC loss. Then, with Orange gods on our side, we run the table and beat undefeated Miami in the Dome and the roof pops off.

Unlikely, of course, but one game at a time. For now I’d be satisfied with a win over Narduzzi and Pitt, so we can shut down all that Pitt talk while also securing bowl eligibility. Pitt is the biggest game we’ve played in a long time.
I hear you, but we have beaten two teams that were top 25 at the time. GT is assumed a tougher game for Miami, and we beat them.

Why is what you describe so unlikely!? Positive vibes! We CAN DO IT!

Nebraska. Is there a program that has disintegrated like them? Moved into the B1G and lost their Texas recruiting. Must be additional reasons but man.

Nebraska. Is there a program that has disintegrated like them? Moved into the B1G and lost their Texas recruiting. Must be additional reasons but man.
Whites D was torched today

FSU is giving UNL a run for their money. Norvell has been extended. Let's hope he fails to find a QB and their play continues for a few years.

And Oklahoma is down 9-32 to South Carolina. Once upon a time Nebraska-Oklahoma decided national championships.

I always thought Nebraska was the most vulnerable powerhouse because they are in an underpopulated state and not near any of the big recruiting areas: Penn-Ohio, Florida and the deep south, Texas and California. Why should they be any better than Kansas or Iowa?

Miami is good, but they lack something. It might be toughness. Something is just not quite right with them. They don’t lack for talent. They have more top 300 players on their roster than anyone in ACC.
I think it’s the same thing I see with our team

Complacency kicks in the second they think the game is in hand

They are new to winning, like we are

Edit: I think Fran will fix this for us, maybe even this year but I have no such confidence in Cristobal

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom