Week 8 ACC/FBS Games for Oct 17-21 | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Week 8 ACC/FBS Games for Oct 17-21

That's not a fair catch though or an invalid one. They straight up stole a win from them. I have no problem with fans tossing stuff on the field. The Big needs to issue an apology at minimum and Iowa should protest.
The Iowa player was waving his arm in an unusual horizontal motion while running toward the ball, and you could see the Minnesota players letting up a bit not quite sure if it was a fair catch. It's impossible to expect the Gophers to be able to decipher what the returner's actual intent was at full speed in real-time.

This is a both/and situation. Iowa fans have been fuming about Brian Ferentz being retained since the end of last season. And the fair catch call was correct, but if it happened to Syracuse I’d be upset about it also.
I honestly think I might rather just be a bad football program than have to deal with the frustration Iowa fans live with every season. If their offense was even just COMPETENT they win the West every single season instead the coaches son does less than nothing every season on that side of the ball.

And officiating steals a game from Houston. It's getting worse across the sport.
And somehow the NFL is still worse. They both make freaking college basketball refs look competent. Ruins too many great games.

Last edited:
I know it will be controversial but I think the refs got that call right in the Iowa game. For safety purposes anything that looks anything like a fair catch has to be a fair catch or someone could get decapitated.

But should it be something that "looks anything like a fair catch?" That sure didn't.

4th and inches and Dana passes. What ha ever happened to the QB sneak? Nobody seems to use it anymore.
Questionable call but he didn't want to chance it against that D line given what happened on the previous play.

I laughed when they said that Ohio State was Penn State's "Daddy", having now beaten them 7 times in a row. We once lost to Penn State 16 times in a row. They were our Great Grandfather. Good to see them finding out what it was like for us.

I really wanted Tennessee to pull it off at Alabama. Unfortunately, 'Bama ripped it off and stomped on it in the second half.

Last edited:
Pretty sure the B12 refs weren’t instructed to favor the team bailing from the conference.

Why the hell Houston threw from the freakin’ gun on 4th and inches is baffling. Coaches are so dumb.
Especially their coach

I honestly think I might rather just be a bad football program than have to deal with the frustration Iowa fans live with every season. If their offense was even just COMPETENT they win the West every single season instead the coaches son does less than nothing every season on that side of the ball.

Well…they’ll probably be in luck next season once the PAC schools join and divisions will be gone. Their opportunity to make the Big championship game will be gone, and they’ll be fortunate to have a nine win season in the future. Most of the time they’ll just be trying to squeak out a six win bowl season.

I think that’s part of why they were so upset coming into this season - they had a great defense, a competent offense could give them a shot to make and (optimistically) win the championship…and their window of opportunity for that will slam shut for good at the end of this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom