Week 8 ACC/FBS Games for Oct 17-21 | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Week 8 ACC/FBS Games for Oct 17-21

Virginia looks better than UNC tonight. This is odd. And I have a very large amount of money riding on UNC to win the conference title. Not looking like they will now.
It's a rivalry game, the oldest in the south.

Tough to relate each other but Duke playing their hearts out with an injured QB at FSU at night and a terrible UVA going toe to toe at UNC in printetime makes our performance or lack there of, with assigned quote like they were unbeatable, makes me really mad with Dino. You can tell the way he carried himself all week going into FSu that he didn't seem to think we had a chance. But now we’ve seen BC and Duke go head to head with them. I think FSU is over rated mainly because Jordan Travis is the most over rated player in the country. These results just don't make me feel good.

How about BC putting up 38 in a big win vs GT and 29 vs FSU. Their QB is going to give us fits running the ball. He went for 130 and 2 TD’s again today.

Pitt blew a lead vs WF. Both teams are really bad. Call me crazy but BC may be our toughest game left. Good thing them and Pitt are at home…..oh wait.

Tough to relate each other but Duke playing their hearts out with an injured QB at FSU at night and a terrible UVA going toe to toe at UNC in printetime makes our performance or lack there of, with assigned quote like they were unbeatable, makes me really mad with Dino. You can tell the way he carried himself all week going into FSu that he didn't seem to think we had a chance. But now we’ve seen BC and Duke go head to head with them. I think FSU is over rated mainly because Jordan Travis is the most over rated player in the country. These results just don't make me feel good.
Dino is a quitter and has been soft since he got his contract extension.

You articulate my thoughts perfectly. I am irrationally irritated watching Duke and Virginia hang with teams that just curb stomped us on national television…

How about BC putting up 38 in a big win vs GT and 29 vs FSU. Their QB is going to give us fits running the ball. He went for 130 and 2 TD’s again today.

Pitt blew a lead vs WF. Both teams are really bad. Call me crazy but BC may be our toughest game left. Good thing them and Pitt are at home…..oh wait.
BC is finding their rhythm

Why they started the season with that other QB is a mystery

I’m pretty impressed with Duke. They play hard, play physical and they compete. They likely will wear down against all the athletes FSU has but they came to play.
They didn't against Notre Dame.

UVA UNC tied going into 4th ain’t a good look for Dino and his band of merry man.

In 2017, Syracuse beat Clemson. Then Clemson boatraced Miami in the ACC championship game and won 38-3. Occasionally teams catch lightning in a bottle, and weird results happen - football is a fairly high variance game.

How Virginia does against UNC has absolutely no bearing on how “Dino and his band of merry men” look - the only people who think that already have a negative opinion of Dino and are just reaching for anything they can use to justify that opinion. The negative opinion is already set in stone.

It sucks that we had our three hardest games back to back this year; the completely expected results of that has taken a severe mental toll on a lot of the folks on this board.

In my opinion Dino’s coaching career is on the line Thursday night. If we lose to VT then I honestly don’t see Cuse football making a bowl game.
Agree 100%. In 2018 we pulled out the UNC game when a loss could have sent us off the rails. We finished the season great from there, minus the ND game. This could be a similar thing, win and get things straight. Or it could be 2016, 2017, 2021, 2022 and we lose just about every game starting with Tech.

Dino is hitting GRob territory for me as I want “hope” again. I have lost hope. I hope he proves me wrong the last 5 games.
I really do too because we spent 8 years on him. I really thought stability would count for something but he refuses to try and improve on things that have been plaguing us since year 1. I can't even begin to think about another rebuild but the way the team no showed vs UNC and FSU and the way Babers acted the week before the game only to play not to get blown out gives me the feeling he is checked out .

I think what we are seeing or going to see is that we are a mentally weak team and that stems from the top.

Add to that a poor OL, and inconsistent at best WR / QB play, and you have the making of a mediocre at best team (6-7 win ceiling)
Dead on. That’s what angers me. Mentally weak and throwing in the towel both start at the top.

I really do too because we spent 8 years on him. I really thought stability would count for something but he refuses to try and improve on things that have been plaguing us since year 1. I can't even begin to think about another rebuild but the way the team no showed vs UNC and FSU and the way Babers acted the week before the game only to play not to get blown out gives me the feeling he is checked out .
Quiting on your team should have gotten him a warning. I said before after that he needs to win 8 regular season and the bowl game to make up for that.
If the coach doesn't believe you can win, how can the players?

Agree 100%. In 2018 we pulled out the UNC game when a loss could have sent us off the rails. We finished the season great from there, minus the ND game. This could be a similar thing, win and get things straight. Or it could be 2016, 2017, 2021, 2022 and we lose just about every game starting with Tech.
I still can't believe we got hosed on the southern cooking when Hackett iced the game but got the pha ton man down the field penalty to keel Clemson alive and then the backup QB converting 4th and 13. Only us would follow that up with the Pitt kicker making 3 55 yard FG’s to beat us. That season was 2 plays from being super special and winning the ACC Atlantic playing to go to the Orange bowl.

I'm fantasizing that we are Virginia against UNC and we are Duke against FSU and what we'd be feeling right now if our games went that way.

ACC refs

1697937757306.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom