Week 8 ACC/FBS Games for Oct 17-21 | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Week 8 ACC/FBS Games for Oct 17-21

I really do too because we spent 8 years on him. I really thought stability would count for something but he refuses to try and improve on things that have been plaguing us since year 1. I can't even begin to think about another rebuild but the way the team no showed vs UNC and FSU and the way Babers acted the week before the game only to play not to get blown out gives me the feeling he is checked out .
Another rebuild? What is there to rebuild? 8 years and we have nothing

Uva winning at unc, but its unfair to expect cuse to keep it close

Kanye West Laughing GIF

In 2017, Syracuse beat Clemson. Then Clemson boatraced Miami in the ACC championship game and won 38-3. Occasionally teams catch lightning in a bottle, and weird results happen - football is a fairly high variance game.

How Virginia does against UNC has absolutely no bearing on how “Dino and his band of merry men” look - the only people who think that already have a negative opinion of Dino and are just reaching for anything they can use to justify that opinion. The negative opinion is already set in stone.

It sucks that we had our three hardest games back to back this year; the completely expected results of that has taken a severe mental toll on a lot of the folks on this board.

When's the last time we caught lightning in a bottle?

I still can't believe we got hosed on the southern cooking when Hackett iced the game but got the pha ton man down the field penalty to keel Clemson alive and then the backup QB converting 4th and 13. Only us would follow that up with the Pitt kicker making 3 55 yard FG’s to beat us. That season was 2 plays from being super special and winning the ACC Atlantic playing to go to the Orange bowl.
And to make things worse we would have gotten the Orange Bowl anyway but it was a playoff site

I really do too because we spent 8 years on him. I really thought stability would count for something but he refuses to try and improve on things that have been plaguing us since year 1. I can't even begin to think about another rebuild but the way the team no showed vs UNC and FSU and the way Babers acted the week before the game only to play not to get blown out gives me the feeling he is checked out .
Rebuilds aren’t what they used to be. With the portal and NIL one can rebuild a program relatively quickly.

And let’s be real, if Dino can’t get to 7-5 against this creamy soft schedule, then what are we afraid of in moving on?

Quiting on your team should have gotten him a warning. I said before after that he needs to win 8 regular season and the bowl game to make up for that.
If the coach doesn't believe you can win, how can the players?
Yup. It's weird because it's not like Dino hasn't been close. In 2021 we finished 5-7 but lost 3 games in the middle of the season by 3 points to Clemson, FSU, and a good WF. Those are 2 huge wins on the resume and close to an 8-5 season followed up by 6-0 start with 7-0 within grasp at Clemson only to lose because of a late hit extending their drive. Those are reasons for hope but then we lose out? How? Same with this year. Looked great and then no showed 3 straight games. Inconsistency kills us

In 2017, Syracuse beat Clemson. Then Clemson boatraced Miami in the ACC championship game and won 38-3. Occasionally teams catch lightning in a bottle, and weird results happen - football is a fairly high variance game.

How Virginia does against UNC has absolutely no bearing on how “Dino and his band of merry men” look - the only people who think that already have a negative opinion of Dino and are just reaching for anything they can use to justify that opinion. The negative opinion is already set in stone.

It sucks that we had our three hardest games back to back this year; the completely expected results of that has taken a severe mental toll on a lot of the folks on this board.
It does show that it was possible to be vaguely competitive in those games. And we most assuredly weren’t.

ultimately it doesn’t really matter. It’s all about the last 5 games.

Uva winning at unc, but its unfair to expect cuse to keep it close

Kanye West Laughing GIF

Tru dat! Such BS and so nauseating from the typical usual suspects.

And, it’s not like UNC is blowing it themselves, multiple turnovers, etc. UVA is up 14 minutes plus in time if possession.

No doubt those folks won’t give any credit to UVA & their staff, etc. Just more of the usual malarkey excuses, like UNC took them lightly, etc.

Edit: actually UVA is blowing it as they were about to score another TD to go up 11 and fumbled thru the end zone, touchback Carolina ball. That’s the second turnover by UVA deep into UNC’s red zone too.

Last edited:
Wow. Virginia fumbled at the 2-yardline through the endzone for a touchback. TD would've put them up by 11 with 4:50 to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom