Week 9 ACC/FBS Games for Oct 27-29 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Week 9 ACC/FBS Games for Oct 27-29

Well those 2 bad Shredder picks prevented us from winning big. No other excuse because NC State looks like poo

VT has about 240 yards and 21 points in the 3rd quarter.

They owe me a you’re welcome.

People on this board actually argued that they were “more dangerous” with Leary not playing. Not even remotely close to reality.
NC State imploded in the 3rd Quarter.

I am glad we played NC State when we did. Morris is a much better QB than Chambers right now. He has talent.

1st half had 1 FG and 176 total yards.

2nd half had 6 touchdowns and 473 total yards.

Too bad most views had probably already blown their brains out.

I am glad we played NC State when we did. Morris is a much better QB than Chambers right now. He has talent.
He’s looser with the ball - think our secondary would have had 4 picks vs him. He’s going to be a player to watch though.

People on this board actually argued that they were “more dangerous” with Leary not playing. Not even remotely close to reality.
That's an oversimplification of the point I had made, but ok.

As long as we make the Mayo Bowl I’ll be happy
Right now, I'd say the winner of your game with Wake is on track for the Cheez-It Bowl in Orlando and the loser will get Duke's Mayo. I don't think the Coastal Champ will have a good enough record to be appealing to those Bowl committees.

Right now, I'd say the winner of your game with Wake is on track for the Cheez-It Bowl in Orlando and the loser will get Duke's Mayo. I don't think the Coastal Champ will have a good enough record to be appealing to those Bowl committees.
I was kind of joking

I think North Carolina could, but we shall see. We need to get winning again starting this weekend too. Oh, hope the Hoos crush Miami this weekend, that would get them right back to bowl possibilities

I didn't see the game but looking at the box score VA Tech's HC seat must be getting warm. How do you blow a 21-3 lead with 19 mins left in the game?

I also think Doeren went for 2 points too early. There was a ton of time left. At that point you are thinking that you have at least 2 normal possessions to make up 4 points. Personally, in most cases, I would wait until under 10 mins left to go for 2.

I didn't see the game but looking at the box score VA Tech's HC seat must be getting warm. How do you blow a 21-3 lead with 19 mins left in the game?

I also think Doeren went for 2 points too early. There was a ton of time left. At that point you are thinking that you have at least 2 normal possessions to make up 4 points. Personally, in most cases, I would wait until under 10 mins left to go for 2.
It was a weird game. The first half was a puntfest. The only points were scored as the first half ended on a field goal by NC State. Then, in the second half, VTech discovered that NC State can't defend long passes, so they started heaving the ball deep and took the big lead. Then NC State discovered the same thing about VTech and caught up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom