Week 9 ACC/FBS Games for Oct 27-29 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Week 9 ACC/FBS Games for Oct 27-29

Right now, I'd say the winner of your game with Wake is on track for the Cheez-It Bowl in Orlando and the loser will get Duke's Mayo. I don't think the Coastal Champ will have a good enough record to be appealing to those Bowl committees.

Orange bowl?

Unless Hoo thinks Clemson won't make the CFP
That was my take as if Clemson makes the CFP, then the winner between Wake and SU gets the Orange Bowl. If Clemson wins out, then I think they get in the CFP. Otherwise, we are playing for the Chez-it bowl.

That was my take as if Clemson makes the CFP, then the winner between Wake and SU gets the Orange Bowl. If Clemson wins out, then I think they get in the CFP. Otherwise, we are playing for the Chez-it bowl.
What if we beat Motre Dame by 28 points and Clemson loses to Notre Dame? Then there will be discussion that ACC referees gave the SU win to Clemson.

Orange bowl?
There are lots of scenarios where neither SU or Wake get to the Orange.

One is if Clemson does not make the playoff. This is a real possibility. Clemson does not look like a top 5 team. Their offense is not elite.

Even if they do, UNC could run the table in the regular season and possibly pass Wake and Syracuse. Especially if they beat Clemson in the ACC championship game. Maybe even if they do not.

But that looks unlikely.

I think UNC, Wake and Syracuse all lose 2 more games in the regular season. And UNC loses another to Clemson.

What happens then?

If Clemson makes the playoffs, I am thinking these 3 schools are playing for 3 Florida bowls. The one that is highest ranked gets the Orange, the second best gets the Gator and the 3rd best gets the Cheez-It.

I am thinking SU is close to being locked in to one of these bowls. If Clemson does not make the playoffs, that could go away. The 3rd school of this group would have to go elsewhere. Probably the Holiday Bowl?Either there or the Sun Bowl. Though if it is UNC. I guess the Mayo Bowl might really want them and that could happen.

Regarding other games, did anyone see what happened last night? VT was leading NC State 21-3 late in the 3rd quarter. NC State was awful offensively with the little option QB from Charleston Southern. They went back to their frosh QB MJ Morris and this time, he was very good. NC State’s offense caught fire and they ended up winning 22-21.

I find this interesting and relevant since NC State still has to play Wake (next week) and UNC (last week of the season). They could possibly win one or both. And UL could possibly win against Wake tomorrow.

NC State has no chance to get to the Orange but they will play a big role in determining who ends up the 2nd best team in the ACC this year. Keep an eye on Morris. He looks like he might be a player.

What if we beat Motre Dame by 28 points and Clemson loses to Notre Dame? Then there will be discussion that ACC referees gave the SU win to Clemson.
No there won't

I took VT moneyline but couldn't watch the 2nd half was at a concert. Sounds like they did whatever they could to make sure they lost.

I think sutomcat covered it very well. It wouldn't surprise me if the committee put Clemson as #5 and cuts them out of the playoff.

That’s why I asked, was wondering if you assumed Clemson was orange bowl.

FgLIYBWXwAQAII6

TVD isn’t playing I would assume, he looked like Leary after he got hurt

Which explains the picks for UVA.

The Ewe cannot possibly lose often enough or badly enough.

And yet they’ll still be wildly overrated the following season.

Bielema should parlay this year from Illinois into bigger things.

His DC is gonna get an offer and leave.

He loses his SR QB and SR backup.

He loses Chase Brown.

He loses an NFL LT.

And still will have incredible talent there.

Does Kirk Ferentz can his son? Or does he do the Bronco and retire instead of fire his kid?

Hafley is toast at BC.

Mora is working miracles with a young UConn team. He may be gone to greener pastures sooner than later.

Rutgers is Rutgers again.

Penn State - talented but done in by coaching. Does going 9-3 / 10-2 every year with losses to Michigan and Ohio State enough for that crazy fan base? Or do they act irrational and put heat on Franklin?

Pitt is a huge question mark. They clearly have talent but are a level down with Slovis, and what do they do when Slovis is gone? Does Narduzzi have another ace up his sleeve?

Does Northwestern stick with Fitzgerald now that they're investing in a new stadium?

What do Nebraska and Wisconsin decide?

Is Lance Leupold still, the hot ticket?

Is Satterfield going to save his butt with a win v Wake today

What happens to Virginia, Virginia Tech, Miami, and Georgia Tech when they cannot beat up on each other? Do they become perpetual spinning wheel of pick a coach, any coach, chasing past glory?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom