Week 9 Depth Chart / Injury Update for FSU | Syracusefan.com

Week 9 Depth Chart / Injury Update for FSU

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

DepthFSU.png

Brent Axe
No big shakeups on the offensive line on the depth chart. Still could see some shakeups there for sure per Dino’s “no job is safe” statement on Friday.

Stephen Bailey
Syracuse’s depth chart for Florida State: QB Tommy DeVito listed as the starter Double ‘or’ at nickelback with Trill Williams hurt

Never understood our use of Trill and Cordy. Cordy has shown the ability to stop the run as a SS. You would think that would make him more likely to play over the slot. On top of that he is too short to be a CB. Trill didn’t seem to be the playmaker he can be. IMO it would have made more sense to rotate him with Iffy and Fredrick like we did when we had Anderson, Lyn, and Reddish.

I honestly wish we didn’t put these out. They aren’t even worth the storage space they use. Saying it’s time for shakeups and don’t change a single thing bit and Or

Yeah, I would guess a broken fibula. Hopefully they pinned it immediately. After surgery, in my case, it was 7 weeks of non-weight bearing, then rehab. I'd say a medical redshirt.

Williams played as a true frosh -- never redshirted, so he can use that year [assuming he wants to] without having to apply for any special circumstances.

Yeah, I would guess a broken fibula. Hopefully they pinned it immediately. After surgery, in my case, it was 7 weeks of non-weight bearing, then rehab. I'd say a medical redshirt.

He wouldn't have been in a walking boot with a fib fracture. He'd be in a cast.

I'm thinking foot / ankle injury.

He wouldn't have been in a walking boot with a fib fracture. He'd be in a cast.

I'm thinking foot / ankle injury.

Probably high ankle sprain - those are a bear (bad pun intended) to come back from.

It doesn't even sound like he'll be ready to play in the up to 4 games he could this season, and still keep the RS.
So - guess it depends if he wants to come back for another year, and be The Man on the DL, or take his degree and move on.

Never understood our use of Trill and Cordy. Cordy has shown the ability to stop the run as a SS. You would think that would make him more likely to play over the slot. On top of that he is too short to be a CB. Trill didn’t seem to be the playmaker he can be. IMO it would have made more sense to rotate him with Iffy and Fredrick like we did when we had Anderson, Lyn, and Reddish.
Id argue Trill’s the best playmaker on our defense and should play CB if iffy’s hurt and nickel otherwise

I honestly wish we didn’t put these out. They aren’t even worth the storage space they use. Saying it’s time for shakeups and don’t change a single thing bit and Or
Nothing new

Today was Monday. We didn’t even practice today. Nothing on there has anything to do with practice and maybe shaking things up. Not sure why they do them so early in the week. Should be Thursday’s.

Today was Monday. We didn’t even practice today. Nothing on there has anything to do with practice and maybe shaking things up. Not sure why they do them so early in the week. Should be Thursday’s.
so they can release one and say they did it

Nickel allows him to utilize his size in coverage and run defense.
I agree, but he’s also are third best coverage guy after CF and Meli. I don’t even think the other corners are close

Any updates on the DeVito injury? Was it his shoulder? Haven't seen any updates (possible I overlooked them).

Any updates on the DeVito injury? Was it his shoulder? Haven't seen any updates (possible I overlooked them).

Unless his dad starts posting again, I doubt you'll hear anything. Dino is as tight lipped on injuries as humanly possible.

DeVito could have had his right arm amputated on the field in an emergency procedure and for the following week he'd say we have to wait and see what the doctors say.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom