Wegman's Continues March to Atlanta | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Wegman's Continues March to Atlanta

They used to sponsor that event, but haven't since 2014. I believe they sponsor a Symetra tour event.

Guess i missed that, looked it up and you’re right.

I know they still have the event, so just assumed it was still Wegmans

I always think Wegmans is overrated. I don't like their bakery much and their selection of certain things pales in comparison to even Walmart. Then I go to PC, or Tops, or Food Lion, or ...and fall in love with my wegmans all over again. Bakery still needs work though. PC bakery is 100x better.
Agree totally about bakery at Wegmans, just not that good.

Publix is pretty engrained in FL. I mean they are good (not great) but they are not a destination grocery store in my mind. I do like their deli platters for my road tip tailgates.

Overall, Publix pricing is very high. You have to shop the BOGO's.
C'mon down Danny. I've never been a big fan of publix, it's our best option for now. wegmans is on our list of places to visit every time we travel north.

Not sure Wegman's can take over Harris Teeter. They are pretty strong in the Charlotte area.
Yeah, Teeter and its rotten vegetables and prices have a real strangle-hold. I'd say Publix and now Lidl are doing alright in the local space. Not sure if the market can handle another competitor but I'd go.

anyone ever been to jungle jims in cincinnatti... it was better then wegmans.. YEA I SAID IT!

Yeah, Teeter and its rotten vegetables and prices have a real strangle-hold. I'd say Publix and now Lidl are doing alright in the local space. Not sure if the market can handle another competitor but I'd go.
I don't eat vegetables, so HT is good for me...lol

Is it publix that sells boars head deli products? Hate most of it.

Agree totally about bakery at Wegmans, just not that good.

All their muffins taste like fish oil.

They still smell good, though, so it's all I can do to not buy them and then immediately regret it.

They have an ad behind each of the goals at the Sabres games so I don’t think that’s too accurate.
The add on the boards at the Sabres games is for Wegmans prepared meals.

Not sure Wegman's can take over Harris Teeter. They are pretty strong in the Charlotte area.
Ahhh Harris Teeter is a mixed bag here in the Raleigh area and are everywhere with Kroger leaving the area. Great deli with the Boars head meats and cheeses, good beer and wine selection, and good meat/butcher. Produce is gawd awful (i'm convinced they do something to the fruits and veggies to make them look good) and prices can be really high if you are not paying attention. Bonus to the Teet having gas stations connected where you get nice discounts based on money spent in the stores.

Ahhh Harris Teeter is a mixed bag here in the Raleigh area and are everywhere with Kroger leaving the area. Great deli with the Boars head meats and cheeses, good beer and wine selection, and good meat/butcher. Produce is gawd awful (i'm convinced they do something to the fruits and veggies to make them look good) and prices can be really high if you are not paying attention. Bonus to the Teet having gas stations connected where you get nice discounts based on money spent in the stores.

When I lived in DC, a new Harris Teeter opened up and was immediately wildly popular. I thought it was really good as well. But every Southerner I talked to said it's a pretty lousy store.

Not sure if our experience was due to its being a more upscale model than their older stores, just the fact that it was automatically way better than the disgusting Giants and Safeways that were its competition, or some combination of those. But I'm always surprised when people don't rate the Teets a little higher.

The Chapel Hill Wegman's will be 15 minutes from my house, can't wait! It will be 5 minutes from the Trader Joe's too.

I always prefered Publix subs over Wegman's. I also preferred the old Peter's doughnuts, over Wegman's. That being said, as a whole, I love the DeWitt Wegman's. Their subs as a whole aren't bad, and their doughnuts are certainly better than Dunkin.

I would love for Wegmans to make it to Atlanta. Kroger & Publix are meh. They did open a new Wegmans-like Kroger not too far from me (lots of prepared foods, a small bar where you can sample craft brews). I'm a Wegman's alum so I am a bit biased (worked at the Onondaga Blvd store in Syracuse as a teen).

So with the Wegmans opening up in Raleigh, Chapel Hill, and Wake that means trips to NC St., UNC, and Wake are now home games
Except Wake Forest University is not in Wake Forest, NC. It's in Winston-Salem.

Their donuts were magical. They had a glazed chocolate doughnut covered with crushed peanuts that was sensational.

Oh man.

So now I'm gonna be wanting that for the rest of the day while knowing it's gone forever.

Also, in my memory their apple fritters were the size of a dessert plate and better than any I've had before or since.

I've been in the Charlotte area for 25 plus years now. Harris Teeter is by far the dominant grocer here as another has alluded. Funny you mention about the fruits & veggies. I know for a fact that Harris Teeter freezes their produce as a friend of ours' daughter worked in the produce department during her college years. For instance, some apples can be up to a year old, etc.

The beer selection is solid...love me that Red Oak.

Still think a naming gift for the Dome would be a great move for them. Along with lots of commercials on ACCN and other ACC broadcasts.

Opens at 7 tomorrow. Was all set to stop in after tomorrow’s brunch, but the sports talk guys on the radio yesterday said there will be 20 off-duty police officers directing traffic.

Not dealing with that scene. I’ll wait until the heat dies down just a bit and the place isn’t a total zoo.