Weitsman to Open Basketball Academy | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Weitsman to Open Basketball Academy

Findlay Prep in Las Vegas is run by UNLV booster Cifff Findlay. That has worked out pretty unreal for UNLV recruiting. There are quite a few more similar examples around the country.

"School"

A potential partner? This is how basketball academies like Scotland Performance Institute seem to do it.

What hes doing will be done extremely well. It will have a solid academic foundation, be well funded, provide a significant boost to the local economy and attract top talent. When you compare this campus to other athletic/academic academies this one stands out as it isa beautiful setting. The fact that it is going to have a strong tie to Syracuse is fantastic. Think of it as another AAU Albany type situation. SU is smart and will do things the right way when it comes to recruiting. The proximity to Cuse and the strong ties via the administration of the Academy are obviously going to provide Syracuse with a significant advantage which isnt in violation of any rules. This is fantastic news for the community and for SU basketball.

Skepticism may be natural, but if I am skeptical of something I tend to do a little research and investigation rather than spewing unsubstantiated invective on a message board.
That's crazy talk right there.

So should we dissociate ourselves from all prep schools, private academies, and public schools with questionable academic practices?

Nothing indicates this will be a "fake" school or anything other than a legitimate initiative. Why people immediately jump to that suspicion is baffling to me.
If this was fake the school wouldn't be running it out of a former college campus. There will be overhead costs. If they are smart you get Nike to supply sneakers and uniforms at a reduced rate. Coke or Pepsi to be the Official Drink. They are going to need full rack rate kids (from upscale NE suburbs) to help keep the school solvent. Surely the top 250 national type kids will get offered free or nearly free tuition. I assume they are going to have to hire real teachers to run both college prep classes as well as basic fundamental classes. They should be free of some of the politically based mandatory curriculum and teach the fundamentals.

I expect they will field a national team and hopefully a few others locally. The rest of the students will play extensive intramural competition. This will be great for the local NE based Division 3 schools too.

Skepticism may be natural, but if I am skeptical of something I tend to do a little research and investigation rather than spewing unsubstantiated invective on a message board.

Image result for well that's no fun

Findlay Prep in Las Vegas is run by UNLV booster Cifff Findlay. That has worked out pretty unreal for UNLV recruiting. There are quite a few more similar examples around the country.

You should see the cars those kids were driving and the resturants they ate at. The players also lived in a mansion owned by ole Mr Findlay, who happens to own a bunch of car dealerships here. Place is a joke, well was, they shut down.

You should see the cars those kids were driving and the resturants they ate at. The players also lived in a mansion owned by ole Mr Findlay, who happens to own a bunch of car dealerships here. Place is a joke, well was, they shut down.
what kind of car did oshae brissett drive?