Weitsman to Open Basketball Academy | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Weitsman to Open Basketball Academy

Seriously, you should reach out! Let me know if you need a letter of recommendation. Adam owned the building where we were located in my last couple of years with Endicott Johnson. He was in the office regularly. Doubt he remembers me but I'd be happy to reach out!

JRHEETER , if this were ever to happen I assume you are ready to ramp up production!

Hey, worth a shot lol. I'll see if I can figure out a way to get in touch with him. I've known that it would have to take a pretty cool opportunity to convince Sonnary to move to the north east, this could be it!

It’s insane to think people would think Adam would do something dumb or illegal after all the hard work he has put In to become as successful as he has become...The CNY negative attitude is always infuriating to me. Whether it’s a new restaurant or people complaining about movies shooting here, there’s always people that have something stupid to say. This is absolutely an incredible idea for up and coming basketball players. Let’s focus on how many kids this will positively affect instead of thinking this is something fishy... cmon people

Ehh I wouldn’t get too worked up the guys who are skeptical don’t live here.

I always look at Boeheim as strict and not someone who wants to do any harm to Syracuse. If Boeheim gave him his blessings, I'm good. Probably a good thing.

No he doesn't want any harm done, but we've also been hit with sanctions twice during his tenure.

It’s insane to think people would think Adam would do something dumb or illegal after all the hard work he has put In to become as successful as he has become...The CNY negative attitude is always infuriating to me. Whether it’s a new restaurant or people complaining about movies shooting here, there’s always people that have something stupid to say. This is absolutely an incredible idea for up and coming basketball players. Let’s focus on how many kids this will positively affect instead of thinking this is something fishy... cmon people
Well stated. I just don’t understand posting negative comments and what benefit can come of it. There is a way to express concerns without attacking.

I live about 15 minutes away from Findlay Prep which just closed down. A lot of these prep schools are a joke.

Seriously, you should reach out! Let me know if you need a letter of recommendation. Adam owned the building where we were located in my last couple of years with Endicott Johnson. He was in the office regularly. Doubt he remembers me but I'd be happy to reach out!

JRHEETER , if this were ever to happen I assume you are ready to ramp up production!

I can't believe you'd knowingly offer to aid in the possible return of CuseTroop to CNY...

oh for sure, for CuseTroop we would make it happen

Hey, worth a shot lol. I'll see if I can figure out a way to get in touch with him. I've known that it would have to take a pretty cool opportunity to convince Sonnary to move to the north east, this could be it!

he responds to EVERYONE on social media etc

I live about 15 minutes away from Findlay Prep which just closed down. A lot of these prep schools are a joke.

There also are a bunch of schools still open.

I always look at Boeheim as strict and not someone who wants to do any harm to Syracuse. If Boeheim gave him his blessings, I'm good. Probably a good thing.
Who do you think is going to tun the show after he retires.

Who do you think is going to tun the show after he retires.

He'll be about 78 years old. If he could do run the school he'd probably stick with coaching at SU.

He'll be about 78 years old. If he could do run the school he'd probably stick with coaching at SU.

Honestly expect Devo will run the basketball program with JB as a special advisor. Think Melo (assuming it's Melo) is bringing name recognition but no active role. Interesting hire will be on the academics side. I think that will be very telling.

Exactly.

Funny how the CNY negative attitude is brought up while the most critical posts in this thread are from people who don’t live in the region. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Honestly expect Devo will run the basketball program with JB as a special advisor. Think Melo (assuming it's Melo) is bringing name recognition but no active role. Interesting hire will be on the academics side. I think that will be very telling.

I think the scary part to this is...all of the SU ties which is the non-normal part.

if Devo is teaching and Melo is the name on it and Adam is a large booster...it really looks like a prep school to go to Syracuse...

I appreciate everything Adam does and really think he has turned a stone in his life and is doing great things.

This project just concerns me only on the recruiting line/violation side.

Wonder if JB has a job waiting for him after he retires. Not sure how long it takes to get an academy like this up and running but the timing is interesting

SU needs 25 more Weitsmans.

No doubt! In that case, we could actually get trains for that roller coaster track that sits atop the Dome and make it truly functional. ;):)

Last edited:
I think the scary part to this is...all of the SU ties which is the non-normal part.

if Devo is teaching and Melo is the name on it and Adam is a large booster...it really looks like a prep school to go to Syracuse...

I appreciate everything Adam does and really think he has turned a stone in his life and is doing great things.

This project just concerns me only on the recruiting line/violation side.

I think you can rest assured that they will err on the side of extreme caution on compliance issues. Adam won;t post on social media without checking with our compliance director and we proactively clear anything the least bit out of the ordinary with the NCAA whenever we are involved. In fact violations are the last thing I think we need to be concerned about.

Not sure what the real difference is but this is not a true prep school by definition. The vision is a fully accredited (NYS) private high school with grades 9 - 12. Sounds more like a magnet school but instead of science or performing arts as part of the core curriculum the focus will be on basketball.

Going to be interesting seeing Calipari lug his bag$$$ into the Southern Tier.