Welch’s bounce passes | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Welch’s bounce passes

Does this mean we can get a “Tommy Devito is an Absolute Magician” Page after his 4 years? :)
I sure hope not. That is a little tongue in cheek humor aimed at the sometimes bizarre antics of Troy Nunes, a lightly recruited guy who was pressed into service almost unexpectedly. After last year I was optimistic, like everyone else about TD. But, seven games into this season I am quite unsure what we have. I take all the "He'll be fine." claims and predictions with a huge grain of salt.

I sure hope not. That is a little tongue in cheek humor aimed at the sometimes bizarre antics of Troy Nunes, a lightly recruited guy who was pressed into service almost unexpectedly. After last year I was optimistic, like everyone else about TD. But, seven games into this season I am quite unsure what we have. I take all the "He'll be fine." claims and predictions with a huge grain of salt.
thats where i am.

i dont think hes as bad as some of the thought out takes i have read here, nor as good as i thought hed be right now and going forward.

not sure what we got.

except a sophomore QB struggling in year 1 of starting.

My first SU home game was at Ol Archie in 1976.

We got hammered by Bowling Green.

Someone threw a pass in the second half — might have been Hurley, might have been someone else. — that bounced about a yard in front of WR Mike Jones, who probably ran about a 4.75 forty - and came up into his chest.

Ref called it a catch. Sympathy call.

Trying not to draw any parallels to present day. But getting tougher by the game.
I was at that game.

SU made BGSU look like the Cleveland Browns which their uniforms resembled. That was at one of the program’s lowest points.

I was kind of looking forward to a behind the back pass but I suppose he didn't want to show future opponents all his tricks.
The only time I ever saw that work was when Cap Rooney was screwing around in practice in Any Given Sunday.

Wasn't Nassib the king of the bounce pass his soph and jr seasons? Maybe you are talking about grass; Ryan always made sure to hit the shoe laces.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom