Welcome Cal, Stanford and SMU! | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Welcome Cal, Stanford and SMU!

But no one in those markets care about them. UConn commands the entire state of Connecticut and would be a team that our fans actually care about. I'd personally like to play more teams that I hate.
You ever been to a SU @ UConn football game? Worst away experience I have ever been to and it isn’t close but I have avoided WVU so there is that. Fights breaking out everywhere. I didn’t think I could get out of there with my kids without getting into a massive fight. Amazed that I did. Fudge UConn.

The ACC screwed up by not taking the entire Pac 12 when we started the ACC, Big, and Pac 12 conversations.
The Big again screwed the ACC, just as they did the with Maryland.
So it was confirmed that the ACC had outreach on two separate occasions and the top tier of the PAC had basically zero interest. You can't force them to join. By the time word got out about Colorado, the current was already pushing those other remenant schools to the B12.
That said I still believe ACC is still strong in the #3 slot. Both ESPN and Fox have SEC and B10 renewals with the Big12 sandwiched in between both. The SEC and B10 will have to provide bumps to both. Where can ESPN and Fox EASILY find money from? The end of the B12 contract.

But no one in those markets care about them. UConn commands the entire state of Connecticut and would be a team that our fans actually care about. I'd personally like to play more teams that I hate.
It's about tv eyeballs. UConn doesn't add anything new. BC has it covered

You ever been to a SU @ UConn football game? Worst away experience I have ever been to and it isn’t close but I have avoided WVU so there is that. Fights breaking out everywhere. I didn’t think I could get out of there with my kids without getting into a massive fight. Amazed that I did. Fudge UConn.
Yeah, I've been to a few games there. The only time I had any problems was in 2011. The other two games were fine.

Unfortunately they don't, BC isn't good at anything, they don't carry anything unless they play Notre Dame in football.

I think the eyeballs thing is mostly a mid 2010's thought process. Say we go forward with streaming, which school will have more loyal subscribers: USF and SDSU which no one cares about or UConn?

Which school will be more attractive to members of the conference? A flagship state university well regarded in many sports with the best basketball program in the country, or two schools that no one cares about outside their alumni base?

I think we have to respectfully agree to disagree. And I guess luckily for you, I have no say in this.

So it was confirmed that the ACC had outreach on two separate occasions and the top tier of the PAC had basically zero interest. You can't force them to join. By the time word got out about Colorado, the current was already pushing those other remenant schools to the B12.
That said I still believe ACC is still strong in the #3 slot. Both ESPN and Fox have SEC and B10 renewals with the Big12 sandwiched in between both. The SEC and B10 will have to provide bumps to both. Where can ESPN and Fox EASILY find money from? The end of the B12 contract.
I think it was less that the pac leadership had little interest inn the ACC than that both ESPN nd Fox wanted to keep the Pac away from the ACC so they could kill the Pac. Both networks kept stringing the Pac along hoping out would get a decent TV deal.

I think it is also semi-confirmed out of the SACC offices that ESPN refused to agree to pay for more than 4 Pac schools going ACC - so that ruined the possibility of landing the 7 with real value or even 6 or 5 of them. I sod think that if ESPN would bah said for 7 in the ACC, we wood have been able to keep Washington and Oregon with Cal, Stanford, Utah, Arizona, and Arizona St.

The GREAT problem for the ACC is not close to being weak ACC leadership. It is the fact that the gigantic globalist corporations want only 2 Major conferences which they control 100%. So everybody else has to be broken.

Last edited:
I think the eyeballs thing is mostly a mid 2010's thought process. Say we go forward with streaming, which school will have more loyal subscribers: USF and SDSU which no one cares about or UConn?

Which school will be more attractive to members of the conference? A flagship state university well regarded in many sports with the best basketball program in the country, or two schools that no one cares about outside their alumni base?

I think we have to respectfully agree to disagree. And I guess luckily for you, I have no say in this.
In terms of CFB, CT is a total nothing state. New England is a TOTAL nothing region (or semi-region if you see it that way). If you want your league to be able to be Big Time in football, it must be filled with schools in great locations for CFB - not locations great for yuppies or gamblers or basketball lovers or super rich summer vacationers or wolves of Wall Street or boxing aficionados.

And what makes a location great for CFB? A history of proven high percentages of TV viewers of CFB, and a history of turning out large numbers of top recruits.

Great states to be in for CFB: FL, GA, CA, TX, OH, AL, LA, MI, MS, PA, TN
Very bad states to be in for CFB: all of New England, the Dakotas, Delaware, WY

Wvu is a great away experience.

I had the exact same experience at UConn. As my wife and I were walking to our car after the game we were confronted by a bunch of drunken idiots who got in our faces looking for trouble. Thankfully I was carrying my badge and once I displayed it they suddenly were not so tough anymore. I will never go back to UConn for a football game.

What year? Since they've been bad the Yukon fans have been more docile.

Hands down one of the best and easiest tailgate setups I've encountered (@ Aircraft Club)

I had 100 Cuse fans sitting in our equivalent of Section 101...which was awesome

Same here...they were salty we were going to the ACC. I had beer sprayed at Tomcat and myself.
That game was a little understandably heated. And they definitely didn’t appreciate our presence that day.

With Stanford and SMU and Cal now in the fold, is the ACC #1 in private jet travel by fans?

Does Syracuse have to model its airport after Aspen or Cour d’Alene airport now? I mean, even Eagle County airport if we need to slum it.

Do we need to coin the term “Apres Cuse” for post-game festivities? Tailgates with mimosa bars?

I need to know this stuff.

V excited for these new additions.

With Stanford and SMU and Cal now in the fold, is the ACC #1 in private jet travel by fans?

Does Syracuse have to model its airport after Aspen or Cour d’Alene airport now? I mean, even Eagle County airport if we need to slum it.

Do we need to coin the term “Apres Cuse” for post-game festivities? Tailgates with mimosa bars?

I need to know this stuff.

V excited for these new additions.
We are kinda low brow at the SyraCruz Tailgate. We have cocktail tables on asphalt. Our food definitely leans more comfort over small plates but we offer it all under a prix fixe menu.

What year? Since they've been bad the Yukon fans have been more docile.

Hands down one of the best and easiest tailgate setups I've encountered (@ Aircraft Club)

I had 100 Cuse fans sitting in our equivalent of Section 101...which was awesome
It was probably the 2011 game that was mentioned previously as it was a while ago. Horrible experience and I vowed to never go again. I know and worked with some UConn Alumni who are good people. Basketball games vs UConn in the Garden, it was always all good. It was just football.

UConn fans allegedly pushed the Iowa State mascot down the stairs busting the bird's wing.

It was probably the 2011 game that was mentioned previously as it was a while ago. Horrible experience and I vowed to never go again. I know and worked with some UConn Alumni who are good people. Basketball games vs UConn in the Garden, it was always all good. It was just football.
My incident in the UConn parking lot was also in 2011. Reminded me of attending my one and only Buffalo Bills game as a Packers fan where I watched Bills fan light a fans cheesehead on fire and dose fans with beers. It made me wonder what kind of lives these people had when going to a game to harass visiting fans seemed like the only reason they attended a game.

I’m happy for SMU, but feel sad for Cal and Stanford. I’m glad the ACC invited them, and aside from geography they’re a great fit, but they should not be in the ACC. UCLA and USC blew it up for no reason except greed. They’d never be left out.

UConn fans allegedly pushed the Iowa State mascot down the stairs busting the bird's wing.

Anyone who has been to s Syracuse-UConn football game would not be surprised by this.

There are a lot of good UConn fans. I know a bunch personally.

But there is a disturbingly number of ‘fans’ that to go to their games that are sick idiots.

I have seen them swear, throw beer cans and threaten to beat up Syracuse fans a number of times. This includes elderly Syracuse fans and children. Just inexcusably behavior.

West Virginia fans will never forgive UConn fans for blocking WVU buses holding the Mountaineer players and staff from leaving their stadium lot so they could throw stones, beer cans and anything else they could find to try and hurt them. They tried to flip their buses on their sides as well. There are bad fans everywhere, including at Syracuse but UConn fans even shocked WVU fans with their behavior, and that is really hard to do.

Pushing a defenseless mascot over a ledge to intentional hurt him is despicable. I hope those people were arrested and banned from ever going to another athletic event the rest of their lives.

Last edited:
Anyone who has been to s Syracuse-UConn football game would not be surprised by this.

There are a lot of good UConn fans. I know a bunch personally.

But there is a disturbingly number of ‘fans’ that to go to their games that are sick idiots.

I have seen them swear, throw beer cans and threaten to beat up Syracuse fans a number of times. This includes elderly Syracuse fans and children. Just inexcusably behavior.

West Virginia fans will never forgive UConn fans for blocking WVU buses holding the Mountaineer players and staff from leaving their stadium lot so they could throw stones, beer cans and anything else they could find to try and hurt them. They tried to flip their buses on their sides as well. There are bad fans everywhere, including at Syracuse but UConn fans even shocked WVU fans with their behavior, and that is really hard to do.

Pushing a defenseless mascot over a ledge to intentional hurt him is despicable. I hope those people were arrested and banned from ever going to another athletic event the rest of their lives.
Connecticut is for the most part a collection of spoiled entitled brats between the age of 16 and 90. Their arrogance and lack of manors never ceases to disgust me.

I had the exact same experience at UConn. As my wife and I were walking to our car after the game we were confronted by a bunch of drunken idiots who got in our faces looking for trouble. Thankfully I was carrying my badge and once I displayed it they suddenly were not so tough anymore. I will never go back to UConn for a football game.
UConn fanbase are the most obnoxious, bar none.

Collectively, they emanate dog shiz fumes.

Anyone who's ever been to the Big East tournament can attest

I'm not sure why pretty much everyone I've done business with from Connecticut is full of themselves but they are. Its inbred, passed down from when dysfunctional generation to the next.