Welcome to the JMA | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Welcome to the JMA

No way to know is this is a good deal without financial details.

If we just sold valuable naming rights for a 5g upgrade package, heads should roll.

If the $3.5 million referenced in the previous rumors is annual, this is a pretty good deal. If it's for all ten years, again a terrible deal for Syracuse University. The fact they didn't announce the details makes me think the school got boned on this deal... If you had a pile of money coming in, you'd brag about it and the guy who owns the company has a house worth more than $35 million, so he's not she about throwing around money.

In the end, I guess I'm just glad Carrier let us out of our bad deal from 1980 without us having to imitate the Anaheim Angels of Los Angeles.

You can trust this guy.

Post in thread 'Welcome to the JMA'
Welcome to the JMA

JMA is smart. I'm sure they want to showcase the Dome with everything they can do. There will be no short cuts. Mezzalingua is also a huge supporter of the program. He can now give to SU and write it all off as business expenses.

Multi view and player holomojis are some of the things this brings to the table.

To get the really cool stuff, you are going to need a phone that is 5G capable. And at least some of it requires an iPhone 12 or beyond.

Looks like you access the cool stuff using a special app. At Sofi, it is caled the Chargers app. Guessing our Cuse is going to get enhanced significantly. Way better stat package, better out of town score tracking, etc.

It is important to know that there is a major issue with time to get the whole package implemented here. I would expect we will not see things working at 100% at the start of football stadium. Not for everyone anyway. But you might want to check if your phone is 5G capable.

For iPhone users, I believe only the iPhone 12, iPhone 13 and iPhone SE (3rd generation) are 5G capable. I bet this drives a lot of upgrades in CNY to phones that are 5G capable.

Hoping someone from JMA or someone outside JMA that really understands the technology will weigh in.

If I was a reporter for syracuse.com, I would reach out to JMA, get a tech contact and interview them to get an explanation on how this will impact Syracuse fans. Will fans with 3G or 4G phones be able to use the JMA enhancements? Will there be enhancements to Wifi, as well as cell service? Will all the major carriers be part of this initially or are customers from some carriers going to miss out on the fun?

I know transmission speeds are dramatically faster as you go from 3G to 4G to 5G.

3G networks operate at 8 megabits per second.
4G networks operate at 28 megabits per second.
5G networks operate at up to 280 megabits per second.

That impressive 5G thruput makes it possible to do a lot of things that have been impossible up until now because of bandwidth limitations.

So with 5G and the right application, you can do things like watch a play from 7 angles simultaneously. Or see holograms or have apps that interact with your environment. If you have problems imagining this, think if it in terms of a road from point A to point B.

3G is a 2 lane road. Not much can get through. It is too narrow. 4G takes us to 6 lanes. 5G takes us to 60 lanes or thereabouts. It is a dramatic step up in terms of what can be done.

Thank you - even though I am not terribly interested in some of this stuff I can see how this really gets us a leg up in recruiting and in real time data. And also with supporting our players who want to take the next step to the NFL - can you imagine being able to share the kind of metrics you can get from in game play with NFL teams? They’ll be really confident in who they’re drafting that’s for sure.

With all the upgrades and added tech would love to see some NBA exhibition games as an option again. Get some pros in the building more. The Bucks for instance given Giannis' visit and others. Maybe we could do the same for like the Bills in football... open the Dome for business.

With all the upgrades and added tech would love to see some NBA exhibition games as an option again. Get some pros in the building more. The Bucks for instance given Giannis' visit and others. Maybe we could do the same for like the Bills in football... open the Dome for business.

Most NFL teams force their season ticket holders to purchase pre-season games as part of the package. And in odd numbered years the Bills only get 1 pre-season home game to begin with.

Now if you can blackmail the Bills and say that playing a pre-season game in Syracuse once every 4 years is a condition of NY buying them a new stadium, sure.

Most NFL teams force their season ticket holders to purchase pre-season games as part of the package. And in odd numbered years the Bills only get 1 pre-season home game to begin with.

Now if you can blackmail the Bills and say that playing a pre-season game in Syracuse once every 4 years is a condition of NY buying them a new stadium, sure.

Yeah it's a total long shot I get that.

No way to know is this is a good deal without financial details.

If we just sold valuable naming rights for a 5g upgrade package, heads should roll.

If the $3.5 million referenced in the previous rumors is annual, this is a pretty good deal. If it's for all ten years, again a terrible deal for Syracuse University. The fact they didn't announce the details makes me think the school got boned on this deal... If you had a pile of money coming in, you'd brag about it and the guy who owns the company has a house worth more than $35 million, so he's not she about throwing around money.

In the end, I guess I'm just glad Carrier let us out of our bad deal from 1980 without us having to imitate the Anaheim Angels of Los Angeles.

Extending this thought, who knows what it took to get Carrier to release the university from the deal. Probably had to buy them out, I’m sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom