Well... Are we in our out? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Well... Are we in our out?

Think it's 50/50 at this point, that's probably good, didn't think we were in last year at this time.

Cooney misses a three for us to lose against Pitt, Gillon misses a three and we lose to Miami.

Hopefully come Sunday we get the same result as last year.

The chance of us in is like 20% or 30%. And we will be in the play-in game against a Big East team like Xavier or Seton Hall.

I'm sure this means nothing but so far I've had ESPN alerts on my phone saying that both Eamon Brennan and Jay Williams/Seth Greenberg believe that we've done enough work to get in.

I feel like the more ESPN talking heads discuss us being in, the more it's likely to become a reality.

Plus don't discount the Wildhack factor. You know he's connected behind the scenes and will lobby his hardest to get us in.

I'm sure this means nothing but so far I've had ESPN alerts on my phone saying that both Eamon Brennan and Jay Williams/Seth Greenberg believe that we've done enough work to get in.

I feel like the more ESPN talking heads discuss us being in, the more it's likely to become a reality.

Plus don't discount the Wildhack factor. You know he's connected behind the scenes and will lobby his hardest to get us in.

He isn't on the committee, he can't get us in because he knows people.

Sorry, but the committee also checks for bad losses. Our bad loss against St. Johns was record breaking.

a couple points :

#1 I don't buy the "they don't deserve to be in" argument. Boston College doesn't deserve to be in. Any bubble team is on the bubble for a reason. They've been inconsistent and have warts. It's up to the subjectivity of the committee who gets the call on Sunday.
#2 Recalling the history of the selection committee can really only go back 6 yrs. as to when the field expanded to 68. Saying that "no team with ___ has ever" really doesn't mean much. Each year will continue to set precedent...

That being said, I really feel right now we are 50/50 and the rest of the week will tell if that moves or not. It almost feels right that this team should be destined for a "first four" game given the way its gone for us, but short of disappointment - I don't think we have much of an argument if we get left behind...

we're out because we're syracuse. If we were a mid major with the same resume we'd probably be in.

That must be why we got left out last year and all the mid majors were treated like gold by the committee...Popcorn

a couple points :

#1 I don't buy the "they don't deserve to be in" argument. Boston College doesn't deserve to be in. Any bubble team is on the bubble for a reason. They've been inconsistent and have warts. It's up to the subjectivity of the committee who gets the call on Sunday.
#2 Recalling the history of the selection committee can really only go back 6 yrs. as to when the field expanded to 68. Saying that "no team with ___ has ever" really doesn't mean much. Each year will continue to set precedent...

That being said, I really feel right now we are 50/50 and the rest of the week will tell if that moves or not. It almost feels right that this team should be destined for a "first four" game given the way its gone for us, but short of disappointment - I don't think we have much of an argument if we get left behind...

I thought 50/50 if we lost today, I am starting to feel like its a lot lower now.

Shouldn't we have been out last year then?

We 100% should have been in last year, I think a lot of us worried because our past on the bubble, this year we really don't deserve a bid.

I thought 50/50 if we lost today, I am starting to feel like its a lot lower now.
agree but I say 50/50 because it will be fluid the rest of the week dependent upon what other teams do. I think if they selected right now, we sneak in, but there's a good chance we may slide the rest of the week. We made our own bed yet again...

no, we were a 10 seed, so one of the top 40 teams. Not even close to a bubble team.

but we've been screwed over before when we should have been in.

this year we are truly a bubble team and if we don't get in i'm sure an argument can be made against the teams who squeak in over us.

I have had us at 50/50 for a while. It's really hard to say.

It really depends where we are relative to Vanderbilt , USC, and Xavier entering this week. If we started above them we are in good shape. If we started below them we are in bad shape. These two are all so close with very different types of resumes.

All you can do is keep following the bubble and hope there is little chaos by Selection Sunday. If we were the 2nd last team in entering this week, we need to ensure there is no pressure from the bottom -- go Baylor, MTSU, Wisconsin. It could turn out to be a week with little pressure from below.

If we are out we will be one of the first two teams out.

So all I can do is say come follow the bubble watch threads.

I think it was spoken of at the time, but last year was one of the only years in my recollection (if any), that I have been pleasantly surprised on Selection Sunday. I'm not only speaking selection but seeding as well - and I've been watching as long as its been televised...

I've grown accustom the expecting the worst

I say they are out. If they do happen to make it, I would expect them to play in the First Four.

no, we were a 10 seed, so one of the top 40 teams. Not even close to a bubble team.

but we've been screwed over before when we should have been in.

this year we are truly a bubble team and if we don't get in i'm sure an argument can be made against the teams who squeak in over us.

When was the last time we were screwed over getting in? I mean legit screwed over. One, two times in 40 years?

i think we are just barely in pending more than 1/2 bid thiefs or runs by bubble teams below us the rest of the week

We 100% should have been in last year, I think a lot of us worried because our past on the bubble, this year we really don't deserve a bid.

Incredibly debatable.

When was the last time we were screwed over getting in? I mean legit screwed over. One, two times in 40 years?
Many times. Obviously we haven't been a bubble team every year in the last 40, but aside from last year, every NIT appearance we have been biting nails on Sunday only to be disappointed. Also, many years we haven't been on the bubble, we've had gripes about being under-seeded...

Out.

There will be a lot of aggrieved wailing here on Sunday night, but we have no one to blame but ourselves. Miracle wins are only why this is remotely debatable.

UConn
Georgetown
St. John's
BC
Pitt

Win 1 or 2 against that motley crew and we're likely in.

Looking at that list, it makes me why we even bother playing ex-BE teams OOC. They get up for playing us. We win, we get no credit. They win, it makes their season.

Here's why I say they're in.

Bubble is never good any year so I throw that argument out.

They make it for 3 reasons.

1. RPI Record: 8-9 vs the top 100, specifically 3-4 vs top 25. As the 75 RPI that is good. To compare: Tennessee is 72 and 1-5.

2. 10 wins in the brutal ACC

3. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Syracuse gets in because they sell tickets. Put Syracuse ANYWHERE in the bracket and they will sell tickets, ticket packages, and they are a TV draw. The tournament is a draw in itself but Syracuse draws higher than Illinois State.

We're in. See you guys in the play in game on Tuesday

Agreed with all this.

Play-in game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors